- Awesome food
- Awesome drinks (free flow)
- Awesome activities
- As per my last visit to Cherating years ago, the rooms are still old, musty and rustic. The aircon is preset at 24-26 degrees Celcius, and if it does not rain at night then the room temperature can be quite warm. I understand Club Med is trying to be eco friendly, but if you will not make the aircon colder, why not install fans as well? A weak aircon + fan will make the nights a lot more bearable.
- Very slow internet / wifi (takes 30 seconds to open up your Facebook page)
- the shows seem to be a bit boring / childish, especially the comedy sketches. It was quite painful to watch and sit there for 30 minutes as the G.Os try to be clowns.
- The free flow wine was not very good, and it was a shame they did not do shots (whisky, tequila, voda) but instead served drinks by the glass
- the brochures said Sailing, but there is no teaching involved. You sit there while the G.O takes you out to sea on the small sailboat. So you're a passenger, and you don't lift a finger. I thought we could learn how to sail? Guess not.
Most of the G.Os were very pleasant and professional. There were a couple G.Os that were a bit rude to the guests (shouting "Listen to me. Can you follow my instructions?") but I suppose when you're dealing with BRIC travellers, anyone's patience can be tested.
I would come back again, but next time I would bring a small fan to my room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cherating Beach seems to perch on the east coast of Malaysia. The pace of life in this 80-hectare Resort, complete with bungalows on stilts nestling amid lush vegetation, is set by the comings and goings of the macaque monkeys, gibbons, monitors, rare birds and multicoloured butterflies. Here you can enjoy one pleasure after another, none of which is anything like the last - an excursion in a dugout canoe, a relaxing session at the Club Med Spa or a cocktail at the bar, to name but a few. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med Cherating Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Cherating Beach Hotel Kuantan
- Cherating Beach Club Med
- Club Med Kuantan
- Kuantan Club Med