Lowest prices for your stay
RM 245
AC Hotels
Book Now with Marriott Bonvoy
Peter Wong

Value for money hotel stay

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Apr 2023via mobile
AC hotel was really a value for money hotel stay. At around US$70 per night stay, the 1 night stay come with 2 free breakfast and 2 free Ramadan dinner. The dinner satay and thoe grill meat section was fresh and great taste. To top it all, the desert section was also good. The ice Kajang was nicely decorated with rainbow colours. and the ice cream was sweet with numerous variety.
Hotel Manager Khairul Anuar Husain, was very helpful and without him, I may have miss my hotel stay ands my plane flight.
Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Responded 9 Apr 2023
Dear peterwongka,

Greetings from all of us at AC Hotel by Marriott Kuantan.

On behalf of the entire hotel team, I want to thank you for sharing about your most recent stay experience.

It is always encouraging to hear positive feedback, particularly when it comes from those who matter the most – you! I am glad that you enjoyed our Festive Dinner and we that you for your feedback for that.

Your feedback has been shared with entire hotel team as a way of celebrating the great guest experiences we delivered. Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

We hope to welcome you again soon.
RM 159
0.6 km from AC Hotel by Marriott Kuantan
RM 223
6.7 km from AC Hotel by Marriott Kuantan
Free parking
Largest lagoon pool in the east coast
RM 280
1.8 km from AC Hotel by Marriott Kuantan
    RM 468
11.0 km from AC Hotel by Marriott Kuantan
View more hotels in Kuantan
All reviews teluk cempedak business trip food court shower area is newly refurbished hotel night stay swimming pool nasi lemak breakfast selection sleep quality the check in process short stay own transport hot shower egg station key card satay
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 April 2023

I had a one night stay at this property back in Jan. I was actually surprised to find an AC in this city as I was not expecting any international chain hotels here except the Hyatt (which I stayed before moving to this city property). I initially thought that this property was a new built, but it turned out that this is actually a reconverted hotel - with some minor renovation/facelift to bring it to AC standards.

Location
The property is not located in the city centre, but inbetween the city centre of Kuantan and the beach area of Teluk Cempedak. Next to this property is another hotel - Seri Malaysia.

Therefore, without your own transport, it might be incovenient as you will have to depend on taxi's to get anywhere. Around the property there's not much - and also walking is not really a very good option especially during the night time due to non-existence of side walks. However within walking distance, there are some shops and also a food court.
Parking is complimentary for hotel guests and there seems to be more than sufficient parking spaces for the property.
From the airport it is about 20-30 mins by car.

Check In
I arrived at the property just around the usual check in time of 3 pm. I was greeted by a friendly front desk agent. As an Bonvoy elite member, I was also given a warm welcome back by the agent. Surprisingly, I was informed about the lack of lounge and as a replacement, I was offered a welcome snack (but not drink) at the hotel's only bar. Although not indicated earlier in the app, I was at check-in upgraded to a nice Suite.

Room
As expected, the room size was large and it faced the main street. This was a proper suite with separate living area and bedroom. The living area was very spacious with a comfortable (but clearly used sofa) and a working desk. There was also a small twin sofa at the corner of the room.
The bedroom size itself was also reasonably large with a working/vanity area. In both spaces, there was a TV. In the bedroom was a large wardrobe which next to it was also the minibar area - with the usual tea/coffee making amenities and complimetary bottles of water.
Internet speed was sufficient and stable for usual activities. TV channel options were a mix of local and international options - although compared to the options found in properties back in Kuala Lumpur, it was slightly less. It was also an older TV model.
Sleep quality was good - with the bed still being sufficiently firm. Climate control in the room was good - without too much fan noise and managing to maintain the temperature of the room constant.
The bathroom area was good - with a walk-in shower. The only small complain would be the size of the walk-in shower area which was on the small side, making it difficult to really turn and twist as you will bump into the walls. Water pressure was ok - with good temperature control. Toiletries were wall mountained bottles by what seems to be a local brand.

Pool
The hotel did have a nice pool area - the usual type for dipping and cooling off. Sadly during my stay, the weather was not the best, so I did not manage to use the pool. It did look good for a city hotel.

Evening canapes
As an elite member, and since they have removed/closed the previously existed lounge (as I was informed by the front desk agent), they offered an alternative of having canapes/tapas provided - which was just a small baguette piece with carved lamb slices. In general this was a nice gesture, but the execution of it I thought could have been better - since it did not include any drinks with it. Even the availability of alcoholic options were really quite poor - they did have a special offer for one of their signature cocktail, but outside of that, the offerings of other alcoholic drinks, especially wine was quite bad. It was quite a humour that whatever wine they had, it had either gone bad or they ran out of options. In the end, we just settled for the cocktail and a glass of beer.

Breakfast
Since I had breakfast included in my rate, I am not sure how would it be for elite breakfast offerings - I suspect that it would be a full breakfast instead of that based on credit at AC properties.
The breakfast here was served in the hotel's main restaurant - and the spread was like most hotels in Malaysia, plentiful of options - ranging from the different cuisine options.. The quality of the food was good in my opinion. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Overall
All in all, for the price paid, I can say this ia a value for money property. I would return to the property if I am in the area. The only improvement I would say is that the property should sort out what it wants to do as a repalcement for the lounge option as currently what is offered is quite amateurisch. Outside of that, at least of all the different AC properties I've stayed in, they do offer some good recognition of Elite members.

Date of stay: January 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Julia Rashid, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Kuantan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2023

Dear nkdogbert,

Greetings from AC Hotel by Marriott Kuantan.

Thank you for being our Marriott Bonvoy Elite member, we appreciate your loyalty.

I would also like to thank you for your detailed feedbacks of your recent stay with us. I appreciate your time of doing so and we will measure every detail of your feedbacks to improve our services and elite offerings in the future.

I apologize on the shortfalls mentioned during your stay and I hope you will experience a better stay in the future.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your time on writing us this feedbacks and I will see you soon again.

Reviewed 28 February 2023 via mobile

4 star hotel by Marriot that located in Kuantan town. As a Marriot Bonvoy members I got an upgrade to Executive Deluxe King and late check out at 2pm.

Clean room & comfortable bed with foam & feather pillow. TV channel are limited but its okay for me because have a lot of activities during day and went back to hotel for a rest & sleep only. The bathroom quite small but the water pressure are powerful.

The parking space at the basement are limited but you can park easily at front of the hotel… now its free for all guest. The check in process is fast because I already checked in thru apps 1 day earlier.. just pick up my access card when arrived.

Strongly advice you become a Marriot Bonvoy members to enjoy the privilege 👍🏼👍🏼.

Room tip: Be a Marriot Bonvoy members
Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2023

I just check in this hotel and step into my room. I saw soneone else drinks are still there. I am douting whether tjey have cleaned this room or not. Disappointment with this nane marriot. I complained to them but no action taken until now

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Julia Rashid, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Kuantan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2023

Dear Woorinara1,

Greetings from AC Hotel by Marriott Kuantan

I recognize your time is valuable and appreciate the feedback you have taken the time to provide.

Maintaining a clean atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is important and I apologize that we did not fulfill that expectation during your visit. Your room cleanliness issue comments on the room fridge has been shared with our housekeeping leaders to ensure this is an isolated incident.

My hope is the next time you are in the area, you will give us another chance to provide the guest experience we strive to deliver.

Reviewed 3 December 2022

AC Hotel By Marriot is formerly known as Vistana Hotel. I expecting this hotel is good as any other Marriot Hotel but not so glamorous as supposed to be. Stay here just to collect point from Marriot Bonvoy. The room is small even though be given upgrade room. The interior room is outdated and old school. The black wooden furniture.

The rooms key card is still using the insert and pull at the door for unlocking (instead of touch the door for unlocking). No deposit collected or necessary upon check-in. The breakfast is ok with limited selection of menu. Overall, I enjoy the stay.

Date of stay: November 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Julia Rashid, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Kuantan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2022

Dear fadzilahh2017,

Warmest greetings from all of us at AC Hotel by Marriott Kuantan.

We are delighted to have been your chosen hotel during your recent stay in Kuantan.

It was truly a pleasure to serve you. We appreciate your business and value your honest feedback.

Your comments have been shared with the hotel team as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver exceptional service to guests like you.

Thank you for staying at the AC Hotel Kuantan and we hope you choose to create more memories with us whenever your travels bring you back to Kuantan.

Reviewed 27 October 2022

AC Marriott Hotel Kuantan is the best place to stay while u in Kuantan. The front Office Manager, Ms Nandini are very helpful and friendly. She always available to help when you need. The hotel itself are very clean, spacious room and well maintain. This hotel also near to Kuantan main attraction like Teluk Cempedak, Gelora Park, Full of restaurants and

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Julia Rashid, General Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Kuantan, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2022

Dear dfsorashadan,

Greetings from all of us at AC Hotel by Marriott Kuantan

Your feedback has been shared with entire hotel team and your compliment has been shared personally to Nandini who have shown outstanding service example as a way of celebrating the great guest experiences we delivered.

Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

We hope to welcome you again soon.