“Best nasi kandar in lpoh town”
Review of Restoran M Salim

Restoran M Salim
Ranked #56 of 525 Restaurants in Ipoh
Cuisines: Malaysian
Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

I was there recently with staff after meeting a client. The variety of food is big with all types of curries. It is authentic and delicious. I ordered rice with chicken kurma which was well done. You have a choice of fish cooked in different ways and sotong too. The chicken is fresh. To finsh off my meal l had a banana and warm water. The place is clean compared to some other nasi kandar restaurants. I will come back again.

Reviewed 18 March 2016

Just heard about the restaurant from a close friend for its fish head curry. Since this is our last day in Ipoh, I decided to bring my whole family here for lunch. Fortunately, all of them like it. The taste was so authentic. Need to add more plates for rice. Also don't forget to try biryani rice anarkali as it is also one of the restaurant's special meal. This restaurant is considered a must visit place for me and my family if we stop by at Ipoh in the future.

3  Thank pejo82
Reviewed 18 January 2016

I went here because there were not much food options around Ipoh town at night, but I wasn't disappointed. I got their Ayam Goreng with Nasi Biryani and the guy put some different sauces from the array of dishes on my rice. That was amazing! It may sound messy, but it's good actually. It's a bit heavy for dinner, but what the heck. A whole day of walking around Ipoh was worth that big plate of food. Must try. A plate of Nasi Ganja is RM12 if I'm not mistaken.

Reviewed 4 December 2015 via mobile

We were there for lunch today, the four of us. This restaurant has been around for ages. It is at a corner of Jalan Yang Kalsom, a short distance from Public bank . I ordered the murtabak ayam and it came with 5 mins on a metal tray with two types of curries and picked onions. It tasted good. I also tried some of their chicken curry which was also good. To wash down the hearty meal we had cocunut water which was just ripe. I liked the food and service. They partially clise for prayers on Friday. Parking can be a little bit of a problem though. Overall good food in good location.

1  Thank JamesKMTan
Reviewed 27 November 2015 via mobile

This is a very basic restaurant where mostly locals eat. It's almost like a covered street food venue. Order at the kitchen counter and be prepared for little to no English. Find a spot, German style community tables, they will bring your food (no number) pay at counter when finished.
Curry was thick n rich, I had seconds of both the mutton (fall off bone) and fish. I was a bit of a curiosity and treated exceptionally well. Would defiantly do that one again

1  Thank cdwood77