Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Trip.com
Agoda.com
US$25
SAVE US$7
US$25
SAVE US$7
Hotels.com
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 August 2019

I stayed at the Premier room (2 King beds). Everything looked okay at first, cleaned and spacious. Room was enough to fit 4 adults and 2 small kids at one time. But when i tried to use the tap and shower in the toilet, looks like the heater was not functioned. When i tried to use the standing shower, it got burst immediately and the tube spout connecting to the tap fell off. I had to use the shower near the bathtub instead. Then when my husband tried to use the electric kettle, boom, all power off due to power trip. We called up the reception and they sent a technician immediately, he was surprised to know that the wiring was not done correctly, and was not safe at all. Knowing that the wiring and shower work will take some time, and we couldn't be moved to another room due to unavailability. We had no choice but to leave the room because 1. my baby needs hot water for his milk, 2. we havent had dinner. We headed back to hotel right after dinner, and thank god they managed to complete all the work. Shower and wiring were fixed accordingly and the heater finally worked. Breakfast? The Chinese fried rice was very plain in taste. Even my 2 year old baby refused to eat it. Same goes to the rice porridge- tasteless. Fried meehoon was okay. I'd rather have a simple selection of tasty breakfast, rather than having a variety of food but tasteless. The only credits i would vie was to the front desk officer and technician. butI'm not recommending this hotel, avoid if you may.

Reviewed 25 August 2019 via mobile

One of my jacket button broke off, need a simple sewing kit.Request from housekeeping, but disappointed. Nearby shops also not selling.
Poor hotel management. I think need to restudy the little details of the room guests needs.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2019 via mobile

If you are looking for hotel amenities, this hotel is adequately provided. If you are looking for streets & local enjoyment, this hotel location is a clear advantage. Whether for foods, cultures, delicacies, entertainments, night spots and historical attractions - they are all walking distance. My friend bought her favorite and the famous mooncakes in Ipoh within 5mins via Grab. Clean hotel, just its rather old fittings. The rest is acceptable.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 645khairula
Reviewed 18 April 2019 via mobile

Firstly, dont be deceived by the name. It has no connection with ritz carlton. The pictures are deceiving. They are all from a long time ago. The place is very old. Few points
1. Toilets are not clean. Lots of mould

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank sampaul213
Reviewed 21 February 2019

Despite this being an old hotel, which is evident the moment you step into the building, it was nevertheless quite a decent hotel. I have seen some terrible hotels before and as such I can say that this hotel was nowhere are bad as those hotels.

As this hotel has been around for quite sometime, one certainly has to keep an open mind about it. For me, my first impression was certainly priceless as the staff manning the check in counter was very helpful even though I checked in some four hours late. Lobby wise, you certainly cannot expect the amenities of a five-star hotel.Despite that I have no complains about the lobby.

I have always placed great importance on rooms whenever I stay at a hotel as this will determine the comfort of your stay. Again, despite being an old hotel, I have no complains about the room although I have to say perhaps the pillows and mattress need to be change to provide more comfort. Despite that my sleep was not compromised at all. If there is one complain than it has to be the television.

One thing which made the hotel bearable was the fact that it is located in the city, which made travelling easier. Although it is located in the older part of town, the other attractions are just minutes away. The availability of a parking facility adjacent to the hotel also made is easier for those who drive.

Date of stay: February 2019