Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Free cancellation until 07/03/21
TravelocityUS$35
Orbitz.comUS$35
getaroom.comUS$40
All reviews moon river coffee house staying at this hotel chinese restaurant swimming pool is f b superior room pleasant stay ipoh city saravana riverview bathtub gm varieties thumbs environment
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 March 2020

I had booked a 3 night stay for my first ever visit to Ipoh and chose this hotel by reports and location. This turned out to be a BIG mistake as the service (or lack of) was disgusting. Reception staff whilst relatively friendly where either poorly trained, not trained, or just did not care.
The room on the 17th floor was quite OK, but that was the only good point of the stay. Firstly the room safe was locked upon arrival, and it took 2 hours for this to be rectified and in the end completely changed. During the time spent waiting for this to be completed we went to the Moon River Bistro for a drink. When we ordered from the menu we waited about 10 minutes only to then be advised that "we do not serve these". Why Not? a shrug of the shoulders.
Later we asked at reception for a Taxi/Grab to the Ipoh Tourism office, but instead were taken to the Perak Tourist office, similar but NOT WHAT we asked for.
Then I decided that we would not stay after the first night,just forfeited pre-payment and made the stay a one night only.
Very disappointed at missing Ipoh, but this property is not worthy of staying at.
Breakfast next morning was OK but nothing special, and again due to the property having an obvious want to us black throughout very hard to read signs on the food service trays.
Having stayed in numerous hotels around Asia over many years, this was the most disappointing I had ever encountered.

1  Thank Ken W
Azhar R, General Manager at Kinta Riverfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2020

Dear Ken W,

Thank you for taking time to share your staying experience with us on Tripadvisor.

Firstly, I am truly sorry to hear of the shortfall you encountered during your stay with us. I wish to assure you that this is not the level of Kinta Riverfront Hotel service excellence we strive to achieve. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

However, please be assure that we have addressed your complaints with the entire team and necessary action have been taken for further improvement.

Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

The hotel location is quite close to city, you can walk there. The room is big n clean. The meeting room is big and many sizes. The food is quite delicious. The hotel has a nice lounge and a piano. On Saturday, they have band too. A local band. The cafeteria got indoor and outdoor. The carpark quite big and spacious.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Azhar R, General Manager at Kinta Riverfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Dear Ongbb,

Thank you for taking time to share such a lovely review of your staying experience with us.

We are glad to hear that you had an overall positive stay and we appreciate your kind compliments about our service and surrounding facilities.

Your kind words will be shared with the whole team as it will motivate us and continue striving for service excellence.

Once again, all of us here looking forward to welcome you back for another wonderful stay.

Reviewed 6 March 2020

The front desk staff was courteous and helpful. Lift access to rooms was secured with the use of room's card. Room was clean and comfortable. Don't expect too much beautiful Kinta River view but you can satisfy yourself with views of Ipoh City. Breakfast spread was adequate for me to start the day's business, but maybe a little bit short for glutinous consumption.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear drloysz,

Your endorsement means a lot to us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, as well as the culinary experience in our coffee house.

We certainly look forward to welcome you back for more happy Kinta Riverfront memories with us!

Reviewed 29 February 2020

I’m afraid to say that this is the worst hotel I have every stayed at, upon arrival it all looks lovely but once you enter the elevators it all changes. The corridors above are dated and did not seem clean, the room was disgusting with many stains across the floor, curtains and the bed. There was no hot water at all. We went straight downstairs to advise them of the state of our room and that we booked for two adults and a child, there was no bed for a child (they did apologise and offer to bring one). They offered us another Superior King Room to match ours.. I went to look and it was exactly the same. We are here for a wedding so don’t really have a choice but to stay. Our 13 month daughter has started to walk just, she slid off the bed with no shoes on, walked around the bed and her feet were covered in wire type black hairs, it was shocking. We had to get tissue to remove and then clean her feet and now can not be in the room without shoes. The socket with the hair dryer blew and blue sparks shot out with a loud bang, all electrics tripped and the plug has black burn mark. The frame around the window is huge and coming loose, it is very dangerous. I have taken a video and pictures of all this and I will complain to Agoda who we booked with. I have never left a review like this or been so terribly disappointed in all my travels world over. People here have been moved from the luxury apartments because they are so terrible and had to pay upgrade fees for family rooms in the hotel. I can’t see how this place is allowed to operate things are that bad. After the wedding that’s held here we are leaving immediately never to return. We are even trying to find another hotel close so we don’t actually have to stay a single night. I strongly urge you to ignore all reviews as after looking at other rooms and speaking with people this hotel has gone down hill in a very serious way and has a very bad reputation locally.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear sam-fb,

Firstly, I am truly sorry to hear of the shortfall you encountered with our room condition. I wish to assure you that this is not the level of Kinta Riverfront Hotel service excellence we strive to achieve. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
I would be very grateful if you could send my Marketing Communications Manager an e-mail to marcom@kintariverfront.com.my with further details for instance room number and check in date so we can investigate and improve our services.

Once again, thank you so much for your valuable feedback which help us to improve our services. We sincerely hope that we would have the opportunity in welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 11 February 2020 via mobile

Place very clean, neets and tidy,staffs are friendly and very delicious food value for money especially at Chinese Restaurant.
Hotel parking lot also have plenty and convenience to park. Hotel room rate very reasonable.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Azhar R, General Manager at Kinta Riverfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2020

Dear EuzginzLim983,

Warmest regards from Kinta Riverfront Hotel & Suites!

Thank you for sharing this review with us.
We are truly heartened that you had an overall positive experience in our hotel and had a good time during your stay with us.

We certainly look forward to welcome you back for another memorable experience at Kinta Riverfront Hotel & Suites!