Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$18
Orbitz.com
Booking.comUS$33
Expedia.comUS$43
All reviews ipoh parade dim sum ming court walking distance chicken up to date water pressure is nice stay booked rooms spacious room renovation convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 January 2020 via mobile

This four star hotel should be downgraded a few stars.

1) first bug bear on entering the room 815, was the stench of urine. There were no visible signs of urine stains, but I wonder if somebody has just mopped the floor with a urine stained mop. I washed the whole bathroom myself. I am not one to trouble the front desk if it is something I can handle myself.

The next day, my bathroom smelled ok. The day after that, it smelled of urine again, so I wondered if the bathroom is mopped every other day... wished they had left it alone. So it was another round of toilet washing for me.

2) the second bug bear was that somebody thought it was a brilliant company policy to blast loud music out of the corridor speakers positioned just outside the room doors.

As this was something I could not resolve myself I had to apologetically trouble the reception.

After some time, no action was taken so I called again ... and then again.

The sound was so loud I could not concentrate on my work. Nor could I get any rest.

Finally, a staff appeared at my door, and he he told me that nothing can be, as he does not know where the switch is for turning down or turning off the volume is, and the music is scheduled to go on till 11 pm!

The sound stopped for a while and I told him that it seemed that something had been done. He said that they were just in between changing CDs. I was thinking that they should not load the next CD if they don’t know where the switch is!

Sure enough, the music came back. As he couldn’t fix the problem, I asked to speak to his manager and asked that he call me, but as expected, nobody called.

The next morning, I went down to the front desk and spoke to a lady and she said that it was their company policy to play the music and the staff could not do anything about it.

Again, I asked to speak to the manager with a good mind to tell him how to manage a hotel! But he had not turned up for work yet and I had to go out

However, there is one waiter Bakiaraj who somewhat saved the face of the hotel. He was ever cheerful and helpful.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Juliecjl
Melvin61, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hotel Excelsior Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2020

Dear Ms. Juliecjl,

We hear your concerns and it has been directed to the proper channel.

As for the operation hours of the Lobby Music, it has been a policy of the hotel to close within a stipulated time. Other 4 or 5 star hotels surrounding us also practices the same way.

Between we did lower the volume as our concern to the guest.
All our Manager report to work by 9 am including myself and did checked with my staff and heard that you've left early in the morning.

Thank you for your reviews. We apologize again that you were not totally happy on your visit here. We would be pleased if you could grant us another opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 7 January 2020 via mobile

Our two nights stay during end December 2019 in a family unit was an enjoyable and a warmth one in this Hotel Excelsior. We love everything in this hotel, the service, facilities, amenities, etc. Thanks to a dear friend who recommended and booked this hotel on our behalf. Thank you.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Melvin61, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hotel Excelsior Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2020

Dear SKH,

Thank you for your feedback.
It is great to know that you had a memorable time here. We look forward to more of your visits.
Happy New Year to you and your family!

Reviewed 3 January 2020

This hotel is very good location, rooms are very compare to price. Around the hotel a lots of Dim Sum Restaurants. You can choose, one is Ming Court just behind the hotel.
Also around there seafood restaurant and malaysia cuisine . Yummi must try, just 2 hours drive from KL.

Room tip: Stay on 13th floor, not directly below the ball room.
4  Thank CG2Traveller

Dear Andreas Andi M,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed our services and facilities. As we are conveniently located, guests do find our location most satisfying. We are constantly upgrading our service to please our guests as much as possible.

Look forward to seeing you back here again soon.

Reviewed 18 December 2019 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel for the past 2 years after recommendation from a relative. Initially l was impressed with the cleanliness and other amenities in the room but on my last 2 stays at the hotel, l noticed the cleanliness standard gas dropped drastically.. moulds on toilet walls, strands of hair and stains on the floor..
I won't be going back there until l read better reviews from other guests on future.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Xintong C,

Thank you for your reviews.

We appreciate your feedback and has forwarded them to the departments concerned respectively and the matters are being attended to it now. We apologize that you were not totally happy on your visit here. We would be pleased if you could grant us another opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 14 December 2019 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel a few times now. Considering the nightly charge it is not a bad hotel. Yes it is dated but ok. The location is very central so you can walk to depot parade and many restaurants and massage places. They did forget to put toilet paper in my room. I wish they had face washes but don’t. Just a few little extras would be nice.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Melvin61, Assistant Front Office Manager at Hotel Excelsior Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2019

Dear Bushymartin ,

Thank you for your feedback.

Look forward to seeing you back here again soon