Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from US$105.93
More Info
from US$147.67
More Info
All reviews private tour day trip knowledgeable guy local food white coffee taking pictures john castle itinerary history charcoal vehicle cave
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

John is a very friendly tour guide! I spend my perfect leisure day in Ipoh peaceful town! Ipoh is more than you think as there's many hidden good sight. The price is very reasonable and to hire a taxi driver for whole day will cost you mostly the same! I start up my day with the famous dim sum, and went to some cave temples, I have some authentic street food which surprisingly good under John's recommendation. My trip is packed with wonders, john did show me more attractions which is not on my itinerary! Ipoh is a lovely town and definitely will return again :)

Date of experience: August 2015
3  Thank evap372
IpohSecrets, Representative at Ipoh Secrets, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2016

Thanks for the lovely review and I do hope the next time you'll get a longer break so we can try out some new foodie/cafe spots like that new Cafe de Rasta!

Reviewed 13 August 2015

My partner and I booked full day tour with Ipoh Secrets, It was a nice experience: we ate local dim sum for breakfast, went to amazing Gua Tempurung (the cave is huge), visited Kellie's castle, had great local food for dinner! Lita, our guide, was friendly and funny! =)

Date of experience: August 2015

Thanks for your review and do come back again for the adventure part of Ipoh :)

Reviewed 3 August 2015

We booked the tour as we wanted to see the cavetemples as they are nasty to visit with public transport. John was on time to pick us up, but was not very informative over the programm. After 10 minutes driving to one temple he deicded to go t another one first. john did not offer any info without being asked. We certainly did not get the "loads of tips from the knowledgable tourguide" as promised on the website. Just rent a normal taxi see the cave temples and walk to the Hakka miners museum youself and save yourself a load of cash.

1  Thank Hansje
IpohSecrets, Owner at Ipoh Secrets, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2016

Hi Hansje,

I am Mazni, John’s colleague. I’ve come across your comments on trip advisor and would like to offer our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused and the fact the tours didn’t turn out well for you and your family.

We appreciate your feedback and will do our best to improve our services in the best interests of our guests. Feedbacks such as yours are vital for our future.

Being a young company, we are prone to make mistakes but we are learning how to get around it. I hope this experience will not deter you, your family or your friends from discovering and enjoying other interesting parts of Malaysia.

Again, we would like to aplogise for everything. We are not hesitate to take your around again should you give us the second chance during your next trip to Ipoh. Pls contact me directly for future tour plans in Ipoh. I will gladly take you around and promise that we will do better the next time.

Thanks and warm regards
Mazni Mustafa

Reviewed 2 August 2015

After spending one day in Cameron Highlands, my plan was to go to Ipoh, but didn't have any plans on how could I spend my time in Ipoh.
I had a list of attractions but, didn't know how could I go to all those places within a day and taking a taxi would cost a lot for a whole day with a driver too.

So, I thought to take a look for any tour guides in Ipoh and found this and dropped them an email at night on the day before I went the tour with them. The friendly guide John replied my email just after sometime and I provided him that I would be coming to Amanjaya bus terminal by the bus from Cameron Highlands. Even though the bus delayed, he was waiting for me there to welcome me and I was the only one he had for the tour on that day.

Since it was almost 12, we had our lunch first and started the tour. He explained about the meals, especially more famous food in Ipoh to help me choosing a meal. Even though the tour was planned for a half day, John showed me all the places wihtout caring about the time and I didn't miss anything at all.

I would recommend these guys for whoever visiting Ipoh and it's worth spending time with them efficiently.

Keep it up !

5  Thank nuwansenaratne
IpohSecrets, Guide from Ipoh Secrets at Ipoh Secrets, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2015

Do you find Hakka "Loi Cha" (Pounded Tea Cuisine) back home? I love it! Thanks for the review!

Reviewed 25 July 2015 via mobile

This was a great tour. I contacted them by email as I knew I only had half a day in Ipoh and had to catch a bus agin in the evening. John, the friendly and helpful guide, was able to pick me up from the station and drop me back there in the afternoon at the end of the tour just in time for my bus. He was flexible and suggested some sight but also slotted in others according to preference. Worth your time.

2  Thank middij

Thanks for your review it's my pleasure to be able to introduce Ipoh to the world. Do come back again for the adventure part of Ipoh :)