“Great Nyonya/Thai fusion food”
Review of Yum yum

Yum yum
Ranked #33 of 712 Restaurants in Ipoh
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Coming here was a fall back plan as we were attempting to visit another restaurant which turned out to be closed for the day. Boy...were we glad we did. The food here is great! Small and extremely obscure in location but it was brimming with diners by the time we finished. Definitely would recommend to those that wants a change from typical Ipoh fares.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank primus2211
Write a reviewReviews (116)

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I have been to Yum Yum countless times over the past 15 years or so and I have never been disappointed. Their quality remains consistent and the menu has a wide variety including several Nonya dishes. A signature dish is their fish head curry, but there is so much more to choose from.

This time around we had a whole fish in curry sauce, Tau Foo, spicy Sotong, bean sprouts, rice and a couple of more dishes I cannot name, but one was a sort of Omelette Thai style and the other a spicy salad.

We completed the meal with traditional Caramel Custard. I did not pay the bill but I am sure it was as reasonable as ever.

This is a great place to dine but you can only book a table if there is a large party.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Ian A
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

As I consumed creamy basil prawns preparation it was very disgusting to see a dead cockroach in the sauce on my plate as I almost finished my dinner. The matter was brought up to the premis manager, an elderly lady seated at the counter, who inconsiderately kept on saying that such incident generally always happens in every kitchen of any quality grade by refusing to address my dismay of the dish served which came with the dead cockroach cooked in it. Clearly the utensils in the kitchen are not cleaned thoroughly prior to being used as well as the entire kitchen section. Confidence lost and advice to the public is please avoid this eatery.

Date of visit: March 2018
3  Thank cherylmnyeo
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We dropped by the restaurant on New Year Eve without any reservations. The restaurant was quite full with lots of families. Service was quite good and fast, and the food was cooked perfectly, delicious with big portions. We would visit again if we are in Ipoh.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 19 December 2017

Was there for dinner with the family in Ipoh . It was as usual packed and very noisy. We can hardly hear each other though the same table. Food came fast .
Food was good but seem standard have drop.
Maybe that night it was too crowded.
Frankly speaking .... a little disappointed as hope to have a pleasant good meal
ended up we ate and quickly get out.

Date of visit: December 2017