“Best char kway teow....ever?!”

Restoran Sin Lean Lee
Ranked #77 of 596 Restaurants in Ipoh
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Visited here for one reason only....the CKT. It did not disappoint but I am sad to say I may never be able to eat char kway teow in Singapore again after having it here. The egg is a nice touch and the chili sauce it is served with is a perfect addition. I regret not trying more of the dishes on the menu, but I'm glad I experienced the legendary golden CKT for myself.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

This is still my favourite char kuey teow although the portion is small .I always go early and avoid this place during long public holidays as even though he fries it real fast,sometimes the wait is up to 45 minutes..not to mention the traffic congestion around that area.Apparently the chee cheong fun and curry noodles is also good

Reviewed 27 June 2017

My partner and I came here for breakfast an after waiting for 10 minutes, we found a place to sit. We ordered chee cheong fun, prawn noodles, toasted bread with kaya, caramel custard and iced tea. The caramel custard was the highlight of our breakfast as Ipoh is famed with their homemade caramel custard. The prawn noodles was also out of the world and my partner being a Korean really enjoyed eating it. If you visit here, you will see an old lady selling her delicious prawn noodles. Do take note that in Ipoh, when it comes to food it is perfectly normal to wait.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Typical coffee shop with loads of good food. Packed in the morning and might need to share table with others. Important thing is not where to sit, but what to eat.
I'll recommend everybody to give it a try. You can thank me after that.

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

My wife and I were looking for an amazing curry mee in Ipoh like everyone claims that Ipoh is the best place for curry mee. Came here after a google search but we were let down because the curry mee stall opens only at 9am. We reached at about 8am.

Ended up having fried mee and chee cheong fun which were really good. The drinks were slightly on the expensive side.

Allow about 20 minutes to be served with your food due to a very high volume of people and also need a bit of luck to get a table in the morning (before 9am).