“YTL resort dishonour it's own membership”

Pangkor Laut Resort
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Lumut
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Ytl dishonour your own membership. We have paid for the ytl platinum plus membership upfront, now suddenly you are not accepting our accommodation vouchers without giving us a reason and solution. We want a full refund disregard how many other vouchers we have used because it's a breach of membership contract. Your privileged members don't deserved to be turned down during check in after making a booking, don't deserved to be ignored by the CS, don't deserved to be informed with all different kind of excuse from end of last year till now with no proper solution.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
16  Thank phooifun
jordan_chongkm, Resident Manager at Pangkor Laut Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Dear Phooifun,

We noted the content of your email.

While we do understand your frustration in this matter, we wish to draw your attention that the benefits offered under the YTL Platinum Plus Membership Program are subject to advance booking and room availability as clearly reflected in the Terms and Conditions governing thereto. And as you have been informed, we regret that the dates that you requested were not available for your utilization.

Please be assured that we have complied and will continue to comply with our obligations under the Platinum Plus Membership Program.

If you have any further queries, kindly direct the same to the YTL Platinum Plus team at INQUIRY@YTLPLATINUMPLUS.COM.

Thank you.

Jordan Chong

Write a ReviewReviews (2,486)

Reviewed 23 February 2017

We went to Pangkor Laut in 2016 with Kuoni. The island is just perfect and so relaxing! We stayed in the Hill Villa which was really nice and quiet. Staff were amazing, really friendly and always smiling. We ate in every restaurant apart from the one which wasn't included in the all inclusive option. I highly recommend all of them especially Uncle Lim! Overall the hotel is so luxurious, clean and peaceful. To go to the beach you need to take a shuttle bus which comes every few minutes. Sometimes the beach was empty and we felt like we were the only ones there, which was quite nice as we tried to escape from London! So if you are looking for somewhere relaxing and quiet - Pangkor Laut is the one!

4 hours from the aiport to the resort with your own driver (on the way back I didn't feel well and the driver was happy to drive everywhere just to find a pharmacy for me which was very nice of him!)

We went in June and there was no one rainy day!

Once again - amazing holiday, thank you Pangkor Laut!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Ola W,

Thank you for staying with us recently and taking time to share your lovely experience with others.

I am delighted you found the Island to be “perfect and relaxing” and staff were amazing, friendly and always smiling, the helpful driver drove you around to locate the pharmacy, it really is the people that make the whole experience memorable and I am proud that we managed to deliver that on your holiday.

I believe you had dined in all the outlet except The Straits, I am glad you enjoy the foods especially Uncle Lim’s Kitchen. Indeed, historically in month of June the weather is perfect with lot of sunny days and minimum of rain.

The team and I are look forward to welcome you back for another escape from hectic pace of city life in London, but be sure to contact us for all the arrangement you need.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

Where to start?

Just come back from 10 days on Pangkor Laut, I want to start with the service. From the start in arranging the trip the General Manager Ross Sanders was excellent, very responsive and accommodating, had the pleasure of meeting him when we were there, a real gentleman although sadly he has now left to take over another hotel. All the staff we met and interacted with were excellent, very professional but with warmth and a smile which for me really makes a difference. I do want to mention a couple of people specifically, firstly Rehman at the SPA Village Pool Area, if I had a client facing business in Malaysia I would try and poach him, he understands customer service and delivered every time, nothing was too much trouble and he was a delight to engage with, top top man. Secondly, the Thai Chef in the Straights Restaurant called Kannika, again I would employ her, unbelievably great chef and so accommodating, she makes the best Tom Yam soup my partner and I have had anywhere in the world, easily. She even made it for us to eat in the Fishermans Cove restaurant though she herself was on a day off and this dish is not served in that restaurant, rather than say no or play the menu card, she really exceeded our expectations and made sure it was sorted for us. We got to speak with her at length a couple of times and her passion for food and customer service blew me away, great chef and a genuinely lovely lady. Both these 2 people, Kannika and Rehman are among the best hotel staff I have ever engaged with.

We booked a hillside villa which had great sea views, was very spacious with balcony and sun beds, large bathroom with big walk in shower, huge bath tub etc and everything you would expect from a resort of this standing. No complaints at all. Daily service was excellent with fresh towels and usual trimmings and when we needed anything ie: extra coat hangers, service was very quick and efficient.

Surroundings are beautiful as you'd expect and the grounds and gardens are kept to a very high standard. There were times when the sea was not as clean as it could have been but the resort cannot be accountable for this in my opinion although its one thing that would stop us ever booking a Water Villa. We saw staff at Emerald Cove sweeping and keeping the beach clean so I've no doubt the resort does what it can and in general on the other side of the island, Emerald Cove, the beach was lovely.

We pushed the boat out one night and had private dining on the beach, just the 2 of us on Emerald Cove, marvelous experience which I highly recommend, its fairly expensive but then experiences like this come at a price and I would definitely do it again. A seriously memorable experience and hugely romantic.

I recommend Pangkor Laut, we had a great vacation and left with fond memories of the staff and the resort.

Stayed: February 2017
2  Thank pac129
jordan_chongkm, Resident Manager at Pangkor Laut Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Dear Pac 129,

Thank you for staying with us recently and taking time to share such a lovely review with the users of Tripadvisor. The team and I truly appreciate your kind words.

I am delighted to learn that Ross being very responsive and accommodating, it is sad that he moved on the pursue his dream with other company. I sincerely thank you for taking the effort to single out the staffs who delivered service beyond your expectation, it really is the staff that make the different.

I am appreciated your understanding in regards to sea debris, this happen only during the Kind Tide which happen twice a year, indeed we try our level best to ensure more manpower deployed to clean the sea, especially the Emerald Bay.

I am delighted that you love the private dinner at Emerald Bay, it is unique as we only allow one table per night.

Thank you once again, the team and I are look forward to welcome you back to Pangkor Laut Resort for another marvellous and romantic experience.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Arriving at the hotel in a lovely shared speed boat was fantastic. Our check-in was speedy with a lovely lady. Our only issue occurred with the dining reservations where we were told all private dining experiences and one of the restaurants would be closed for all the days we were there for a wedding. We felt a little like second class guests. After asking to speak to the manager, however, we were offered the private dining option at the Straits. We were happy even if the solution was actually to spend more money at the resort!! A shame we had to make a bit of a fuss.

Apart from this one hiccup the hotel is fantastic. Our Hill Villa room was quiet and beautiful and we loved the visiting hornbills and monkeys. We also loved the crazy bath - something different and special.

The USP of the hotel is its interaction with the island and its wildlife. The resident naturalist's walk was funny and informative - fascinating how a hotel runs side by side with all of the creatures. Water monitors and snakes too!

The food was delicious, but do expect London prices! The banana colada was the most delicious cocktail.

Emerald Bay is stunning - I don't think Patone has so many greens in its colour palette.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

Lastly, the spa was a truly exceptional experience and good value for money.

We didn't want to leave and feel we were truly lucky to have stayed in this special place - next time the Pavarotti suite!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bohemia25
jordan_chongkm, Resident Manager at Pangkor Laut Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

Dear Bohemia25,

Thank you for visiting us recently and taking time to share your experience with the others user of the tripadavisor.

My sincere apologies for not being accommodating your request of having private dinner at Emerald Bay, usually if Emerald Bay reserved for wedding event the alternative private dinner experience would be offer in The Straits restaurant and terrible sorry to make you felt like second class guest, I can assure you this certainly not our intention.

I am delighted you enjoy the wildlife on the island and found Aris to be funny yet informative. I assumed the “Crazy Bath” you are referring to is the Bath Experience before your treatment, and I am pleased to hear you enjoy the spa and certainly love the way you describe it “Exceptional Experience".

Thank you for all the kind words for naming Banana Colada the most delicious cocktail and stunning Emerald Bay.

My team and I are look forward to craft yet another wonderful experience for you, please do not hesitate to contact for all the arrangement you needs and I am delighted to reserve to Pavarotti Suite for you.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Spa was outstanding! Staff are really good.

The property is very "tired" rickety walkways and it takes 15 minutes to walk to the breakfast area from the spa rooms. Also got sick from the food. Garbage was floating constantly around the huts....

Almost 4 hours from KL and then a little boat ride.

Understand why they are offering up the deals....

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Drew F

Dear Drew F,

Thank you for visiting us recently and taking time to share your experience with the others user on Tripadvisor.

I am terrible sorry your stay was not a memorable one, I hope you getting better by now from your sickness. I can not say for certain your illness is caused by the food however I would like to find out more from you if you can kindly contact me directly.

I do understand your frustration to walk 15 min to Feast Village for breakfast, alternatively you can take the shuttle service at the nearest stop at the Spa Village which is less than 3 minute walk from Spa Villa. I do have some challenge with the rubbish floating in the sea after king tide subsided, this happen twice a year, during king tide sea level raised to maximum level, once it subsided it also washout all the rubbish from the villages, after day or two it all will end up in the resort shore line due the flow of the current. When this happen, more gardener will be deploy to clean up the rubbish from the sea, but sometime the rubbish just simply overwhelmed.

I am truly sorry your experience was not wonderful, please do feel free to contact me if you wish to share more information with me.

Jordan Chong

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lumut
6.5 km away
8.4 km away
Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Damai Laut
1.7 km away
Pangkor Sandy Beach Resort

Been to Pangkor Laut Resort? Share your experiences!