“Unforgettable experience.”

Pangkor Sandy Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Pangkor
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I would say this was the best experience i have ever had. It is very well maintained, clean and the service provided just makes you feel at home. We were a family of 7 with 1 child and we had a great time. The beach is just few steps down the garden and there are boat rides and extreme water sports facilities available too. Being strict vegetarians, we didn't face any difficulty because the service there was beyond expectation. The staffs there provided very very good service and even prepared complete vegetarian meals for us from breakfast to dinner. The rooms are very clean and cosy. I would definitely stay in this resort again the next time i visit pangkor and i would definitely recommend pangkor sandy beach resort to all those who wants to visit pangkor island. It is definitely worth paying for the service and comfort like home. =)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 January 2012

We were a group of ten with 4 children amongst us and we had an amazing time at the pangkor sandy beach. the rooms were clean and neat and the bathrooms were good as well. The entire property was maintained very well. The proximity to the beach added icing to the cake.
One important thing that i would like to mention is the service we got. The staff including the owner of the place took the extra effort to make us comfortable. Being strict vegetarians from India, we always face the difficulty of food when travelling abroad. But the staff here were very flexible and went out of the way to make us feel at home
i would recommend pangkor sandy beach to everyone who wants to make a relaxed and memorable trip to pangkor.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Preeti D
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I would not hesitate in recommending the Pangkor Sandy Beach Resort hotel. It is ideal for families or individual travellers. It is set on Pasir Bogak beach the hotel's gardens go down to the beach and there are views to the islet Pangkor Laut which lies off shore. The hotel and gardens are kept immaculate by Rajah the owner who could not do enough for us particularly when my husband (who is a fussy lawyer) became ill with an ulcer. The restaurant terrace is just above the beach and the pool has sea views and is surrounded by well tendered flower beds. I stayed 18-21/10/11.

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor by reception, but it was quiet and spacious.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fionabrown
Reviewed 9 January 2012

My reviews as below

Pros
1. Room available per check in time
2. Room and bathroom is clean
3. My room is facing the swimming pool and very convenient to go into the pool anytime.
4. Very near to the beach. Less than a minute walk and the beach is clean too. You can also play some water sports, island hopping and etc. You can never get bored if you are into water sports.
5. A few restaurants which are really nearby and within walking distance

Cons
1. No car park in the hotel but you can always park outside of the hotel compound
2. No in room Wi-Fi
3. Not much breakfast options

Room Tip: Request for super deluxe room ground floor if you are travelling in around 4 pax as the room has a s...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Y_Kit
Reviewed 22 December 2011

i m just back from pangkor sandy beach, my holiday was from 18-20/12/11. i have a big group of my family which have 22ppl. i wish to thank you a girl name Edora which is the front desk girl, she was pretty nice & helpful.
As i know that this resort were running by few boses. When Management do decision making was no systematic. i'm using email to communicate with resort because i wish to keep all in black & white in case anything get not clear. but resort not running a good procedure, which 1 query can get twice different answer by different staff. hopefully management look seriously in this part.
Why i'm saying the food was tasty? resort have bbq buffet dinner RM55 per person but i reject to take it. which my family have more kids, they wish to play & try to bbq by own. Resort was suggest to help me buy the raw bbq food & prepare all the bbq equipment for my family. i'm order 4kg chicken wing, 3kg prawn, 2kg fish, 1kg fish ball, 2kg crab, 10ppl fried mee hoon+ fried rice. which cost me RM400 which included RM70 bbq facility. The seafood was extremely fresh, all the raw food had marinade by the chef. thank you to the chef which let me & my family have a wonderful everning dinner.
The end, the Resort location - best, staff - helpful, food - tasty, room - clean. Great to stay!!!

Room Tip: Room 107 is a corner delux room was great.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank csm9191
vsuntharam, Manager at Pangkor Sandy Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I’ll ensure that Ms.Edora is informed of your appreciation. I also wish to apologize to you if at any instant we have given you wrong or misleading information. I’m glad you have enjoyed the room, facility and food offered.
I wish you will consider us without much thought for your next vacation.
Regards
The Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pangkor
0.2 km away
Anjungan Beach Resort
#3 of 27 in Pangkor
0.0 km away
Pangkor Waterfall Beach Resort

Been to Pangkor Sandy Beach Resort? Share your experiences!