Lowest prices for your stay
RM 131
Fully refundable before Sat, 2 Mar
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
RM 69
Multiple ways to pay
All reviews auction room prangin mall oriental suite street food walking distance teochew chendol local food comfortable stay family suite small hotel penang road location is excellent short stay komtar georgetown heart toothbrush
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2022

Had a decent stay the hotel. Fantastic location and friendly welcome. The room were a bit smaller than I imagined from the pictures. I wished that slippers came with the room without charge.

the new times for the room services should be told to the guests as the menu contained the old times. I called reception once before 10pm and they said they have changed the hours and they didn’t tell me the new hours. I called room service another day at an earlier time and said kitchen closed at 3pm, the hours on the menu was pre-covid. The staff member on the telephone said that they have not changed the time on the menu because there are too many menus to change.

The room service hours needs to be communicated with the guest clearly if they have changed or else like we just have to rely on what we have which is the menu provided. It was a shame considering I really did want to try the food.

Date of stay: October 2022
Reviewed 10 May 2022 via mobile

PROs
- Spoil by the food from breakfast to supper. All within walking distance.
- Strong water shower and consistent hot water at all time.

CONs
- Fake window view. (No view, just the opposite room window within arm length)
- Very noisy in the morning when the house keeper doing their round pushing the trolley/ carts.

The room is cozy, good bed, soft pillow. Had a good sleep after long walk.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2020

I stayed at this hotel 9 February through 12 February 2020. I go to Penang every 3 months for a Non-Immigrant Business visa for Thailand. For the past two years I have stayed here and never had a problem.

The room is too small for a chair, so when I brought a beer home I sat on the bed. I spilled a little. The hotel fined me five times the retail price of the sheet, as if I'd stolen or ruined it.

I agreed to pay only on the condition I keep the sheet (after all, I paid five times its value for it). I got it home, popped it in the washing machine with some oxygen bleach and viola! It's pure white, as if new again.

Either the hotel don't how to do laundry, or this was a money grab. As money grabs go, it was pretty stupid: the sheet cost the equivalent of a day and a half, and last year alone I stayed 12 days.

At best, this policy combined with lack of basic laundry knowledge is short-sighted. At worst, a lame scam. Oh and the main elevator smells like cat piss, and has for years.

Oh. And just in case it still sounds good, be advised that the walls are paper thin, and the place is typically beseiged by loud tour groups who stay up late and wake up early.

I will never, ever stay at this hotel again. Do yourself a favor and AVOID IT, in spite of the excellent location.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Shifah Faizah, Guest Services / Front Office at Kimberley Hotel Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2020

Dear Jeff_Kosty,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, the time and efforts bringing this to our attention.Do allow us to take this opportunity in extending sincere apologies on the unpleasant experience you have encountered during your recent stay with us.
Upon received your comments, immediate action had been taken by our Housekeeping team to ensure our quality standards are maintained and also reinforce our high guest service standard to avoid recurrence and future disappointment to our guests.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience cause.

Reviewed 31 December 2019

2D1N in Penang for a foodie trip and picked Kimberley for its location. A walk away from all the food and heritage area. If that’s what you intend, this is a recommended hotel. Front service is helpful but not attentive enough. Checked in for 3 pax but room was ready for 2 pax only. When we remind the front office, they were clueless but managed to get the 3rd bed ready when we return. Thanks
Note. Their shower cubicle we have does not have a drain hole so it flows out to the whole bathroom before reaching the drain hole. Don’t put the floor towel inside the bathroom, a mistake we made. Place it outside the bathroom.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
SharifahQaseh, Front Office Manager at Kimberley Hotel Georgetown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2020

Dear A Y,

Thank you for choosing Kimberley Hotel on your recent stay and taking time to share your feedback with us.

While we are grateful and appreciative of your compliments, we have taken note of your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our service and to better meet the expectations of all our guests.

One again,Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back for another pleasant stay.

Cheers!

Reviewed 28 December 2019

The Kimberly hotel at the edge of Penang's UNESCO's World Heritage Centre provide easy access to the 21st and the 18th and 19th century worlds.

The room which I had was mostly taken up by the bed and it was a tight squeeze between it and the writing table. What was easily visible was clean, but I had to search for an item that had rolled under the bed and there were the beginnings of dust bunnies.

The breakfasts, which were included in the price of the room, were disappointing. The selection of food was limited and the restaurant was packed. We waited until 9:30 - 9:45 before going for breakfast because there was no place to sit.

The staff, in this sea of people, were noticeably calm and collected. They were polite and efficient, as were those working on the registration counter when large numbers were checking out and attempting to check in. I arrived early and left my bags in the hotel before checking, but they were left in the registration area, rather than a secure room.

The pluses for this hotel are its location, and despite being new, it has kept the essence of historical Penang.

Room tip: Try to get a room overlooking the street and one that has a balcony that can be used.
Date of stay: December 2019
3  Thank AnnArmstrogn

Dear AnnArmstrogn,

Thank you for staying with us.We are sincerely grateful that you have taken the time and effort to share your experience.

We have taken note of your comments cleanliness and will informed Housekeeping team for immediate rectification.

Further to your comment regarding breakfast, Our Food and Beverage Manager and her team will be more prepared in advance as hotel is running high occupancy and are working closely with the kitchen team, to take immediate actions to ensure our high food quality standards are maintained.

In addition, All bags guest left at reception counter will keep inside the luggage room once reception counter free of guest.

One again, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Cheers!