Free cancellation until 25/07
US$69
G Hotel Gurney(George Town)
US$141
US$114
US$48
US$65
US$63
US$66
US$51
Hotels.com
Hotel Jen Penang(George Town)
US$125
US$81
Agoda.com
G Hotel Kelawai(George Town)
US$121
US$107
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$32
US$27
Chulia Mansion(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$35
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$40/night.

US$212
US$176
All reviewsnoodlesstrategic locationgymjalanmalaysiabatuhawkerkomtarchinatown
Reviewed 29 July 2017

The Royal Penang hotel is conventiently located in George Town, where you can walk to see all the sites. The hotel itself is older, but our rooms appear to be renovated and were quite comfortable.

We didn't stay long in this hotel, but I did get a chance to swim in the large outdoor pool (a most welcome break from the heat!) and we thoroughly enjoyed the buffet breakfast included with our room. The dining hall was spacious, with a large assortment of food to choose from.

Being from North America, I found it rather quaint to see all the "Merry Christmas" and other seasonal decorations in the middle of 40 degree heat!

The staff was helpful and their lounge was comfortable. They had live musicians playing in the almost empty lounge, so we gathered all our travelmates and applauded enthusiastically. The trio performing seem to really appreciate that.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 2nd floor are level with the pool, so these could be noisier. We switched because of this.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Location of this hotel was great with easy access. Nearby to most of the tourist attraction places. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Room is spacious and clean. Thumb up for their buffet breakfast. The only concern here is the basement parking, feel abit dark & unsafe.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelRoyalPen, Manager at Hotel Royal Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Deanne,

First and foremost, we are pleased to note that you have had an enjoyable stay with us during your recent trip to Penang. Your comments are very much valued.

It is our utmost priority to ensure the best services and comfort is extended to all our valued guests at all times. We assure you that we will continue to enhance our property and services to provide a better environment to you and our other guests.

Should your travel plans bring you back to Penang in the near future, do accord us the opportunity to extend our hospitality to you once again.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel make me feel like a home away from home. Strategy location with easy access. Good hospitality received from their staffs. Even though they stated there check in time from 3pm onwards, but I managed to get my room ready by 11.00am when I arrived earlier. The room was spacious enough and soft bed with fluffy pillows. They even replaced the toiletries amenities everyday. They also have good range of buffet breakfast with local food. I really enjoy my stay here.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr Leong,

It is our utmost priority to ensure the best services and comfort is extended to all our valued guests at all times. Also, we wish to inform you that the hotel is currently undergoing progressive refurbishments to further enhance our property in order to provide more comfort to you and our other guests.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is a 4 Star hotel, but in my opinion does it not deserve 4 Stars.

When I booked it I was told there was a minibar and partially seaview. True, there was a fridge, but nothing to drink, except the complimentary water. And No seaview at all.

The furnitures were run down, and the room smelled damp. The bathroom were were worn and a moldridden.

Generally the staff was nice, but the receptionstaff needs a course in treating guests. They were obviously indifferent of the guests wishes. For example did I have to ask twice to get toiletpaper.

The restaurant was okay, and the breakfast was ok, but no more than that. One morning I asked for scrambled eggs, but got something between scrambled eggs, and eggs over easy. It tasted okay, but looked funny.

The location is bad if you wanna walk to town, but I guess, if You take a cab it's fine .

I wouldn't reccomend This hotel, and next time I an visiting Georgetown, I'll stay somewhere else

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, your comments are very much valued. We appreciate your constructive feedback regarding our customer service and product quality, and we wish to inform you that the property is in the midst of an upgrading, starting with its rooms.

As for the services rendered by our front office staffs, we assure you that we have taken the necessary remedial steps to re-train all our front-liners to provide only the best services to all our valued guests at all times.

Should your travel plans bring you back to Penang in the near future, do accord us the opportunity to be of service to you once again.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Went this hotel for very short stay. The hotel is quiet old but I believe this hotel is went through the renovation for certain floor. The room quite spacious but with the old type stuff. We're using connecting room and maybe because of that I feel that air cond not cold. Swimming pool area also not interesting, maybe also need refurbishment. However, I will difinitely come back because of the location.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
HotelRoyalPen, Manager at Hotel Royal Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear Sir,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Penang.

We have taken note of all your comments pertaining to our product quality and wish to inform you that the hotel is currently undergoing progressive upgrading works to ensure the best services and comfort is extended to all our valued guests at all times.