75 Traveller's Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Seven Terraces(George Town)
US$181
US$145
US$131
US$72
G Hotel Gurney(George Town)
US$147
US$105
G Hotel Kelawai(George Town)
US$121
US$106
US$74
US$46
US$69
US$58
Museum Hotel(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$44
US$92
Agoda.com
US$23
US$21
Chulia Mansion(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$34
Agoda.com
All reviewswe stayed in a double roomtoilet papershared bathroomwalking distancedormplugbackpackerswifihostelpadlockpenangdesk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2015

3 nights I stayed here was very good. The receptionist was nice and knowledgeable. The dorm room was clean with 5 shared bathrooms (hot shower yeah). You can easily but cheap drink there, don't need to go out. Maybe it's the cheapest hostel in Geogretown so you can start from there to visit outside

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank FelisaNguyen
Reviewed 9 April 2015 via mobile

I stayed here two nights, and for 18 riggets you get a dorm which is brilliant. The place is really clean and very nicely finished. The toilets and showers are shared but are fantastic quality and the showers are hot! The staff are friendly and very helpful, they also sell reasonably cheap drinks at reception. There is a nice patio space out back and out the front, it's also in a great location near little India and Chinatown.

The dorm room only has a fan so can get quite hot but the beds a comfy and clean. The wifi has it's ups and downs, but is normally fine and quite fast. There is also private rooms available but I can't comment on them.

The place ironically has a Carlsberg logo out front, because If carlsberg did budget hostels!

I would say id stay again but I really didn't like Penang so will never come back to this island.

If your staying in Georgetown I would highly recommend staying here.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Robertcov
Reviewed 3 April 2015 via mobile

My gf and I stumbled upon this guesthouse whilst looking for a place to stay. Love Lane had to expensive lodging, this was just on the next street. The owners were very friendly and chatty. We paid 50RM for a double room with shared bathroom. These were one of the cleanest we've encountered in Malaysia so far! Our room was basic. Bed, fan, table and even a sink. Which was perfectly fine. Wifi was pretty fast and everything is in walking distance. Definitely worth checking out!

Oh, and Scandinavians: Just down the road there's a bar called Mish Mash. They sell snus for 18.90RM!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank slem_dorull
Reviewed 4 February 2015

I stayed here for 9 nights with my wife and our 2 year old baby. It cost us only 75 Ringgit per night for a private room with an ensuite bathroom and good A/C. The mattress was soft. There is an excellent power shower in the bathroom with non-slip tiles. The room and hotel in general was very clean. The staff were always very helpful. They sell plug adaptors at reception desk. The wifi
was good in the room.

Room Tip: The hotel is only a 3 minute walk to the big night food-court which houses approx 25 restaurants and some of the food is really cheap and really good. It opens at 7 pm every evening.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2015

I stayed previously et 75 Travellers's Lodge in 2008, 2009 and 2012.
The place has been renovated lately, and prices went up as well.
I spent 2 nights in the dorm (December 26 th to 28 th), one bed was 18 Ringgit.
Was only 7 Ringgit in 2008...All the mattresses are new (dorm and rooms)
Noone speaks to each other, everyone hooked on its mobile phone or computer...
Clean toilets and showers, some hot water available, and possibility to wash clothes there.
Some members of the staff were friendly, but they get this bad habit to ask you to pay as soon you go to the lobby. I had experienced the same lack of decency in the past.
When I first checked in, the guy in charge at the reception told me : "You must pay 36 Ringgits !". I explained him that it sounded a bit rude to talk like that, pointing that the correct expression could be : "Please, would you mind to pay for the 2 nights now ?"
Except that, I do recommand the 75 Travellers's Lodge for sure.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo