Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$122
Hotels.comUS$122
TripadvisorUS$122
Orbitz.com
PricelineUS$122
Travelocity
All reviews reception manager twg tea church street rose gold room categories premier deluxe room rooftop pool design hotel beautiful hotel upon checkout nespresso machine cozy room huge bed ferry terminal enjoyed our stay coffee house fort cornwallis
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 May 2022 via mobile

Booked a night with the Prestige for a post event chillax. Enjoyed a good time especially the pool with beautiful view, the gym was small but suffice and could just grab an easy meal or coffee below.
i like the toiletries range that they provide and overall i did had a good timeout with the comfortable bed and room ambience.
Staff was polite and friendly too.

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Melvin Ooi, General Manager at The Prestige Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2022

Dear Cecececil1019

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful stay experience with everyone here .If you had some great photos taken in the hotel we would love it if you could share and tag us ! #theprestigehotelpenang

Everyone here at The Prestige is looking forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2022

Honestly I don't even know why it is rated as 5 star hotel.. First, check in was slow (reached the hotel at 5pm, said that the room was not ready) , second customer service is a nono.. to be fair the reception is good, but when me and hubs getting in to the elevator, the room card is not functioning, there is one hotel staff at the ground floor elevator as well, don't even bother asking what is the issue we're facing. oh well, it seems like if you are some social influencer, you will be treated well, too bad we're not.. rooms are decent and clean.

Date of stay: April 2022
Melvin Ooi, General Manager at The Prestige Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2022

Dear kiatvoon L

Thank you for feedback to let us know of your concerns the way of our staff handled the situation. I would like to apologize and assure you this was not his intention as did not notice of you having the room card issue while he was assisting other guests at the same time. I have personally looked into your comments and to improve on your highlights .

Once again , we would to apologies for the inconvenience caused and we look forward very much to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 13 April 2022

When i checked in, there was an used espresso capsule left in the bathroom.
On second day, the tissue box left 2 pieces of tissue, housekeeper didn't replace with a new one, the food stain and chili flake left on the table the night before were not cleaned, trash next to garbage bin was not removed. It's a terrible hotel. One mistake is fine, multiple mistakes in my 2 nights stay totally not acceptable. Is this a real 5 starts hotel?

Room looked great at first glance, second glance, very poor workmanship, you would find cracks everywhere and it rather small. I would rather call it a boutique hotel without rating due to the poor housekeeping.

Room tip: Avoid This hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Melvin Ooi, General Manager at The Prestige Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2022

Dear gimhoe

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us. It was disappointing to read that this was a less than satisfactory stay particularly the areas you have highlighted.

once again I sincerely apologise and I can assure you that the housekeeping manager who was able to met you shall focus on making the necessary improvements.

Reviewed 5 April 2022

This bright, modern, and design-led hotel in George Town's quiet CBD makes a refreshing change to the many heritage hotels in Penang - not that there's anything wrong with a heritage hotel, but not everyone might appreciate staying in a traditional terraced house with lots of heavy antique furniture. The Prestige presents an extremely appealing alternative to a classically decorated heritage hotel, looking instead towards much slicker, shinier, and more minimalist style of interior decorating.

My partner and I checked in for a long weekend at the start of April, and were generally very pleased with The Prestige. I booked a Premier Deluxe room - one of their larger room categories - and there certainly was enough space in the 42sqm room to open both our suitcases and lounge around in there.

First things first: the shower is a large transparent box in the centre of the open bathroom, and although blinds can be lowered within the shower for privacy, if you are a particularly shy/body-conscious couple or travelling with family/friends, this could get a little awkward, so please bear this in mind before you book. The toilet, thankfully, is much more discreetly located in a separate room close to the door, complete with fun banana leaf-print wallpaper inside.

I noticed that there wasn't that much space to store our clothes, with only a few drawers available, most of which already had hotel amenities in them. I did enjoy getting to use the very useful portable clothes steamer provided by The Prestige, along with the complimentary minibar items such as milk and juice in a fridge that was properly cold (unlike the average hotel mini-fridge!).

We did have some issues with our air con, which stopped working during the first evening and made the room incredibly still and uncomfortable. We had to ask twice at the reception desk before someone was sent to our room to get it working again, which was somewhat frustrating, but it was a relief once it was sorted out and the temperature finally dropped below a stuffy 26 degrees Centigrade once again.

The strongest points of the hotel for me were its central but quiet location (it turned out there were so many good restaurants and cafés within walking distance that we could visit, from Gen and Auntie Gaik Lean's to Norm Roastery and The Two Frenchies), the selection of little shops downstairs in the same building (ranging from a convenience store to a pharmacy), its surprisingly thoughtful and diverse selection of movies available on the in-room entertainment system, and the fact that The Prestige's carpark offers a BMW Wallbox electrical charging station - perfect for our little Mini hybrid!

The weak points: somewhat scratchy bedsheets, rushed housekeeping (I noticed that no one seemed to have mopped the bathroom floor close to the toilet for the duration of our three-night stay, which was...kind of icky), and some of the front desk staff being rather too relaxed, e.g. when dealing with our complaint about the aircon or presenting me with the bill on the final morning when I was actually trying to ask them to help re-validate my room keycard so I could head back upstairs to my room after breakfast. Also, the doors to the rooms are so thin that you can still hear traces of piped piano music drifting in from the corridors (I found the music quite unnecessary), so if you're particularly sound-sensitive, this might end up bothering you.

I definitely would consider booking a room at The Prestige again - I really liked the location, the availability of parking, the electrical BMW Wallbox charger, and the modern aesthetics - but I hope the air conditioning doesn't conk out while we're in the room during our return visit. And hopefully they'll have stopped playing that piano music in the corridors.

Date of stay: April 2022
Melvin Ooi, General Manager at The Prestige Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2022

Dear bruiseviolet36

Thank you very much for taking time to share such detail review and it was a pleasure to have had you and partner to stay with us. Happy to hear that you enjoyed most of the aspects in the hotel specially the Garment Steamer provided in all the rooms as well as the BMW I Charging station who can now recharge their cars while during their stay with us just like your Iconic Style Mini Cooper. I have also taken note on your highlights as well.

Once again, appreciate your recommendation and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to experience our loft suite.

Reviewed 2 April 2022 via mobile

Stayed there two nights. We had a room with a broken air conditioner which we thought was alright on the first night but became unbearable on the second night. Guest services were happy to change rooms for us.

Food was good, the hotel well staffed. Lobby staff can be a bit more friendly.

Overall pretty good. Recommend.

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Melvin Ooi, General Manager at The Prestige Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2022

Dear WeeQuek

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us . We would like to apologies once again for the inconvenient caused and taken note on the highlights as well.

We hope to see you again.