“lovely ace great staff”

Ranked #133 of 967 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A neighbourhood European wine bar and restaurant with a warm and welcoming ambiance. We accept VISA and Mastercard.
Reviewed 26 March 2016

Well contrary to other reviews the staff were wonderful & very attentive & the service was great.
The place is friendly & has a good selection of wine. We went there several times & thoroughly enjoyed each visit. We didn't have a full meal but the snacks & tappas tower we had were delicious.

2  Thank JBubbles50

Reviewed 15 March 2016

The menu is a bit limited (especially for vegetarians) but you can't go wrong with the daily specials.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

A friend and I decided to try out this place as it was supposed to be a good place to pair food with wine.

When we arrived, we walked into a nearly empty restaurant, with a couple seated at a table eating, and nobody else in sight.

After we were seated and ordered the food and wine, the waiter verbally took our order and left. 10 minutes later he returned, asking "was the order .... ?". This did not inspire much confidence.

The food took about 20-30 minutes to arrive, the wine was so so, as was the food considering the price being charged. The staff disappeared to the back after they served the food and you could hear some mild chatter coming from the kitchen.

When it came to the check, again it was a chore to grab their attention.

Reviewed 27 February 2016

My wife & I visited TLWB on a Monday evening after reading positive reviews, and were not disappointed. The food dishes (French Onion Soup, Seared Scallops & Lamb Neck Steak) were all fabulous, the house wine and cocktails delightful and the service efficient and friendly. The experience was so enjoyable, we returned the following evening. Thoroughly recommended if you wish to eat great food, experience friendly service and listen to "easy" lounge music over a glass of red wine.

Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

Juicy, cooked to perfection, just wow. About 60 ringit. I thoroughly enjoyed it after a long day. I have eaten here a total of 3x. I enjoyed all 3 main courses that I tried; pork neck steak, smoked duck breast, and steak. I really liked the steak the best.