“Confused”

Ranked #128 of 967 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A neighbourhood European wine bar and restaurant with a warm and welcoming ambiance. We accept VISA and Mastercard.
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

No customer attention, have to wait almost 30 mn before the waiter care of me. Food is limited and could not finished my order because of its poor quality.

TheBitterTruth, Owner at That Little Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2016

Thank you for your review. Our dining room is roughly 11 meter by 5 meter. One waiter in front of the bar - 2 waiters behind the bar with full view of the whole dining room. I am pointing this out so that people understand that why you stated is simply not possible. Even when we are full to the brim. I am running this business now for almost 7 years on a daily basis. I am also the Chef. I am Caucasian. I worked with and lead brigades in some of the best restaurants in the world. I had a very very successful South-East Asia wide TV show for 3 years. I am proud to be a cook. But I must admit that I am getting bored with the likes of you. Stay real. If you actually are.

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Visited on Wednesday and it was dead. No opinion about this wine bar. Maybe it is better on weekends . A little remote

TheBitterTruth, Owner at That Little Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2016

Hello there,
thank you for your review. Unluckily we are at the moment bang in the middle of Hari Raya - the fasting month. This is the time were all restaurants on our island are pretty much empty because the locals go to the Hari Raya banquettes that offer free of charge or cheap food after the sun is down. It doesn't matter what religion you are having - you can eat there cheaply. Everybody is welcome.
It will all be over in about a weeks time and things will be back to normal. Sorry about that - but there is nothing we can do. That is how Penang works :)

Reviewed 29 March 2016

Very good wine list to choose from and imagine it would have a nice atmosphere with more of a crowd. Unfortunately it was empty when we visited mid-week so really lacked atmosphere which was a shame as the wine was really lovely. Lacked the quality and service of a place like Georgetown Wines but would be willing to go again perhaps when a bit busier as definitely has potential for a nice night out.

Reviewed 26 March 2016

Well contrary to other reviews the staff were wonderful & very attentive & the service was great.
The place is friendly & has a good selection of wine. We went there several times & thoroughly enjoyed each visit. We didn't have a full meal but the snacks & tappas tower we had were delicious.

2  Thank JBubbles50
Reviewed 15 March 2016

The menu is a bit limited (especially for vegetarians) but you can't go wrong with the daily specials.