“nice place” 4 of 5 bubbles

That Little Wine Bar
Ranked #164 of 870 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Wine Bar, French, European, Spanish
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A neighbourhood European wine bar and restaurant with a warm and welcoming ambiance. We accept VISA and Mastercard.
Hong Kong
“nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2016

I will start by saying that I concur with the owner, some of the reviews here are either fake or posted by deranged people. The place is not large enough for you to be ignored, in the few times I have visited, the staff have been very pleasant I have never had to wait more than a couple of mins for refill or wine and the food has always come our in a timely manner. I have the pleasure of chatting about wines to the English guy who works as Sommelier a couple of times. I can recommend the home made ravioli if its on the special board at the time you visit.

The only thing I would say is that the menu is rather small and a few items are more pub food than gourmet, a more varied choice would be better. I will surely visit next time I am in Penang with some guests

• Visited December 2015
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TheBitterTruth, Owner at That Little Wine Bar, responded to this review, 22 August 2016
Thank you very much for your beautiful review. It will be a pleasure seeing you again in our little place when you are in Penang. :)

“Confused”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

No customer attention, have to wait almost 30 mn before the waiter care of me. Food is limited and could not finished my order because of its poor quality.

Visited August 2016
TheBitterTruth, Owner at That Little Wine Bar, responded to this review, 6 August 2016
Thank you for your review. Our dining room is roughly 11 meter by 5 meter. One waiter in front of the bar - 2 waiters behind the bar with full view of the whole dining room. I am pointing this out so that people understand that why you stated is simply not possible. Even when we are full to the brim. I am running this business now for almost 7 years on a daily basis. I am also the Chef. I am Caucasian. I worked with and lead brigades in some of the best restaurants in the world. I had a very very successful South-East Asia wide TV show for 3 years. I am proud to be a cook. But I must admit that I am getting bored with the likes of you. Stay real. If you actually are.
“Dead”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Visited on Wednesday and it was dead. No opinion about this wine bar. Maybe it is better on weekends . A little remote

Visited June 2016
TheBitterTruth, Owner at That Little Wine Bar, responded to this review, 1 July 2016
Hello there,
thank you for your review. Unluckily we are at the moment bang in the middle of Hari Raya - the fasting month. This is the time were all restaurants on our island are pretty much empty because the locals go to the Hari Raya banquettes that offer free of charge or cheap food after the sun is down. It doesn't matter what religion you are having - you can eat there cheaply. Everybody is welcome.
It will all be over in about a weeks time and things will be back to normal. Sorry about that - but there is nothing we can do. That is how Penang works :)
Western Australia, Australia
“Nice but needs more people”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2016

Very good wine list to choose from and imagine it would have a nice atmosphere with more of a crowd. Unfortunately it was empty when we visited mid-week so really lacked atmosphere which was a shame as the wine was really lovely. Lacked the quality and service of a place like Georgetown Wines but would be willing to go again perhaps when a bit busier as definitely has potential for a nice night out.

Visited March 2016
Christchurch, New Zealand
“lovely ace great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

Well contrary to other reviews the staff were wonderful & very attentive & the service was great.
The place is friendly & has a good selection of wine. We went there several times & thoroughly enjoyed each visit. We didn't have a full meal but the snacks & tappas tower we had were delicious.

Visited March 2016