Lowest prices for your stay
US$94
US$81
Vio.com
US$73
Hotels.comUS$94
TravelocityUS$94
PricelineUS$106
1,043 results
All reviews within walking distance small pool boutique hotel local delicacies nasi lemak street food the location is perfect heart georgetown penang heritage raj chulia taxis architecture hawkers grab
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2022

This place caught my interest while I was researching hotels in Penang. As much as I love modern high-rise hotels, there is something charming and refreshing about staying in a heritage boutique hotel.

I stayed 1 night in the courtyard room and while the room was quite compact, it had everything a tourist could ask for. The toilet was relatively clean (other than some stains on the floor mat). Also, kudos to the friendly staff who make my stay a memorable one.

The free breakfast was nothing to shout about.

Date of stay: August 2022
1  Thank Kai0510
Reviewed 19 August 2022

Have been staying there pre and post pandemic. Room quality is as good. TV has been upgraded with Android TV without instruction manual. Staff are still pretty warm and helpful. Cleanliness is still tip top.

However, breakfast quality has been pretty uninspiring and they don't even respect the time. If the hotel says start at 8am, everything should be ready at 8am. They were still busy preparing breakfast at opening time making biz travelers don't have ample to grab breakfast. In the past, there are fried beehoon/mee goreng/packet nasi lemak and sometimes prawn paste cheecheongfun. Where have they gone? In the past, we got to savor some authentic black coffee (kopi) but now they are all gone.

Note: The breakfast only starts at 8am. If you are biz traveler and need to catch a taxi to customer sites, you may need to consider alternative breakfast. I missed day one breakfast and had a pretty mediocre breakfast on Day 2 that I need to goto Chowrasta market for a good fix.

Date of stay: August 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2022

Its was great, it was very nostalgic feel.
The hotel is quite easy to spot along the road.
They have their own parking area which is a plus for us as we were riding bikes at that time
The Staffs was extremely friendly and helpful.
the location around lots of nice restaurants and also lots of places for some good beer session

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 9 July 2022

My family stayed for 3 nights in 2 Family Courtyard rooms, as a group of 5 (youngest being 45 and the oldest is 92).

The rooms were super comfortable, well -appointed although a bit small. This turned out to be a blessing for us as my 92 year-old mum felt comfortable moving around the room unaided with a cane. To make things even easier, the hotel management (Manager Yeoh is a good kind person), took the initiative to give us the room with handrails in the toilet. To our request for a small small plastic stool in the toilet, they gave us a solid and heavy plastic chair with armrest!

The room size is not an issue as there are at least two sitting areas , one outside our rooms and another in front of the hotel. The latter area came with free coffee, tea and biscuits! So, needless to say, my family had a great time.

Special mention must be made of Manager Yeoh. We mistakenly, assumed that we needed a touch-and-go card to drive to some places and ask her for directions to get one. Without us asking, I think she went out twice (once, en-route to run an errand and once for the specific purpose) to look for a card. Sad to say, she had no luck, neither did we, even though we went to at least 10 places. In the end, when she better understood our situation, she did find a solution to our 'problem'. She is a kind and genuine person who takes her job seriously. So, we would like to thank and acknowledge her kindness publicly.

While this is my 3rd stay at the hotel, there will be a fourth for me and more for the other members of my family.

A side note. Just beside the hotel is a hidden place that sells really good nonya kueh. They start selling at 10.30 a.m.

Room tip: Write to the hotel to get their advice on room type. Response is superfast and authentic. They will not oversell.
Date of stay: July 2022
1  Thank julianyip
Reviewed 7 July 2022

A nice, quiet, picturesque hotel with parking in the middle of Georgetown. Convenient walking distance to impt heritage sites. Great food is plentiful within easy reach. Staff were eager to please.

Wifi was a little weak in the rooms but I was told that would be rectified. Rooms were a little small, but that didn’t bother me

Date of stay: June 2022