Lowest prices for your stay
RM 498
AttitudeAdjuster
Gillingham, United Kingdom

A beautiful little hotel that I'll visit again I'm sure

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Apr 2024
My first trip to Penang and I'm so glad I chose Yeng Keng (it was between this and Sav, and having seen the latter I know I called it right). YK is right in the heart of Georgetown and Carnarvon Street is brilliant for superb street food.
Service is beautiful and the rooms are lovely, the whole house is just splendid. I always managed to get a lounger at the pool after a hot morning walking around this fabulous city. The staff couldn't do enough for you. The only slight criticism would be of the restaurant next door where breakfast is served - it's somewhat underwhelming. This wont put me off and I look forward to my next trip.
Date of stay: March 2024
    RM 155
    RM 95
    RM 109
Free parking
This image has been removed
RM 396
    RM 594
3.4 km from Yeng Keng Hotel Penang
View more hotels in George Town
1,104 results
All reviews chulia street chulia suite within walking distance boutique hotel rooms are small street food nasi lemak stayed nights yogurt the location is perfect street art hawker stalls old world charm heritage area heart cafe georgetown
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 March 2024 via mobile

Great service. Staff are chill and helpful. Nice environment. Old architecture, with high ceiling creat good air flow. The streets nearby are great with nightlife. Famous eateries, Chinese, peranakan food, pastries etc. overall is great

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2024 via mobile

Staff are just lovely and really helpful, we only stay 2 nights but really wish we could stay longer, it’s in a great location in the heart of Georgetown, everything is walking distance or get a tuk tuk, breakfast is lovely in the cafe and the pool is great to cool down after a day sightseeing will be the only place we return to thank you all xx

Room tip: It’s quiet, clean and just perfect
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2024 via mobile

Lovely stay where the cleanliness, room comfort, decor, and welcoming staff is noticeably appreciated.

Due to visiting during Chinese new year we were only able to stay at the Yeng Keng for 3 nights and had to move on to 2 other hotels in 2 weeks. Speaking as an American traveler, we would not find this level of comfort and professionalism for less than $350/night in the US. This place would be an easy 5 star boutique hotel. Staff are all exceptionally professional. English speakers and quick to provide quality service.
For instance, I had turned in my laundry late and needed a dress the next morning. Unfortunately, the laundry service was unable to meet my request. After a few hours away at dinner I found my dress laundered and pressed as the manager had taken it upon themselves to do it before they left work that day.
The breakfast ar the restaurant was delightful. Although there are basic warm items like eggs and sausage, I would recommend you skip the bland foods and eat like the locals. This is a great opportunity to get familiar with the spices and names of food so you will know what to look for at the hawker stalls and the restaurants. Grab those little bamboo covered rice packets, the roti with curry, and pick one of each of those Kuih desserts. Eat like royalty!
As I mentioned we had to stay in 2 other places due to availability. Not all M’sia 4 star standards are the same. I would say 4 star is like a budget $200 hotel in the US as cleanliness is questionable (even for linens). The Yeng Keng is undeniably a 5 star plus!

Room tip: Only issue is Dyson airwrap did not work in outlets as a converter is needed for US models not just an adapter.
Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
12  Thank 5GreenDots
Reviewed 8 February 2024

The hotel itself is in a great location but quiet as it is set back from the street. It was comfortable and very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. They provided suggestions on where to go and what to see, also providing us with a box breakfast on our last day as we were leaving very early. Would highly recommend the Yeng Keng and will certainly stay there when we return to Penang.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2024

The hotel is located in a great central location in George Town, Penang, UNESCO reservation. It is surrounded by little alleys and it is very characteristic.

It is central and very close to all the sites to be visited in George Town. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Joo has been amazing in providing whatever support that was required and advised on all places to visit during our stay and even drew a map for us with clear directions and tips.

Everything about the hotel was exceptional, very clean, traditional style with excellent service.

Food was good and great value for money and service was attentive and efficient. Room itself was really comfortable. We were pleased with our stay. Definitely high recommended.

Date of stay: December 2023