Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
SMV
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Chulia Heritage Hotel stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 May 2024via mobile
Stayed here for 2 nights. The rooms are a little bit compact but you would not be spending most of your time in the room. The plus point of this hotel is its location. Located smack in the middle of Chulia street, the most happening place in Penang at the moment. Close by to eateries and the pub scene. The staff are friendly and helpful.
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Not many parking bays available but if it’s full, you can park at a nearby parking lot and claim...
Trip type: Travelled solo
    RM 2,597
    RM 2,791
0.4 km from Chulia Heritage Hotel
View more hotels in George Town
All reviews chulia street the ground floor air con within walking distance rooms are small strategic location eateries
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 February 2023

Room was average and clean but the ground floor level window security fittings were flimsy. Front desk / Reception service was a bit haphazard and when it came to returning my deposit the staff member initially claiming that the desk would not be staffed when I wanted to check out after 7am on the Friday the day I wanted to leave. I was told that my deposit would be left with the security guard for me to collect when I left at about 8.30 to 9 am. The hotel advertises that the reception is open 24hrs . In the end I collected my deposit at 7 am on that Friday but was then told I had been mistakenly undercharged for my room and was required to pay half the returned deposit to settle my bill. I will not stay at this hotel again.

Room tip: Do not stay in room with window at ground level unless security fittings are adequate
Date of stay: February 2023
Reviewed 23 January 2023 via mobile

You can’t get much more Central- set back from Chulia Street so very close to most if the bars and restaurants but not noisy even though it was Chinese New Year. Strange layout- I’m guessing it wasn’t built as an hotel. Rooms are small and have frosted windows so you can’t see out. No fridge in room but air con works ok. Hot water in shower which is right above the toilet. Bed was large and very firm mattress. All very clean, room cleaned daily which you don’t always get in budget hotels. Staff were friendly and helpful especially the Indian girl who works reception in the evening who helped us with ferry bookings. In summary I was happy for the price.

Date of stay: January 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2022 via mobile

Very clean and simple hotel for those requiring a good rest after exploring the city. No frills and hassles. Strategically located to most tourist attractions and good eateries all within walking distance. Ample parking spots for visitors.

Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2022 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel from 30Apr to 1 May. The hotel room was so small and not even have mirror or dressing table. Toilets super small. Really regret booking this hotel

1. Small room
2. Air cond not cold. Could only fell the air but not coolness.
3. Noises can be hear from outside. I'm unable to sleep.
4. During check out, they make a through checking in the room for any damage or stains on the bedsheets. Need to pay rm30 if we stained the bedsheets.
5. Small toiles

Over all, it's a worst hotel. I don't recommend it. I won't book this hotel again 😡

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2021 via mobile

My friends and I stayed here for a night. Since we were on a budget trip we decided that it was best to take the room with shared bathroom.

Overall, it is a pleasant place to stay. Just that the signage to the hotel isnt very clear so we missed a few times, had to drive around again and search carefully because the hotel entrance is situated in between shops.

I hope the management team would do something about the signage of the hotel because we had trouble looking for it as it was our first time there in Georgetown. Other than that, the staffs are friendly & helpful. Thanks to the cleaner for making sure the shared bathroom is clean.

Date of stay: January 2020