Red Inn Heritage
Seven Terraces(George Town)
US$175
US$150
US$75
G Hotel Gurney(George Town)
US$123
US$114
US$90
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$109/night.

Chulia Mansion(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$38
G Hotel Kelawai(George Town)
US$130
US$21
US$52
Priceline
US$187
All reviewsbed dormhuge tvshared toiletprivate roomfree breakfast isbeds were very comfortableaverage staytea coffeelocation is greatcommon areasstayed here for nightschinese new yearpenangguesthousesasiamosquitoeswi
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

This place, as many other reviews have said, has wonderful staff, but disappoints in other areas.

I stayed in a 4 bed dorm which had air-con, however the beds were old wooden bunk beds and were the loudest/squeakiest beds I've ever slept in - just turning my head or touching my leg made the whole structure move and groan.

The wifi was terrible, patchy at best. The toilets were fine, no problems there, although quite small. The breakfast is only served between 7.30-9.30 which I feel is absurd - how many backpackers/Asia holidaymakers get up at that hour? Most guesthouses serve until 11/12.

The common area in Reception is grubby - stained sofas, a microwave with fossilised food stuck inside, dirty floor etc. To add to this, the last day I found my shoes at the bottom of the stairs - which they ask you to leave there - were wet. I only hope it was from a roof leak or something from the storm the previous night...

Stay here as a backup option, otherwise avoid.

Such a shame, as the staff are some of the nicest I've dealt with.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 13 March 2017

I was really disappointed in this hostel. It looks nothing like the photos, which almost resemble a mid-range hotel. Instead, I arrive to dirt all over the walks, a busted mirror, busted curtains, bedside table covered in small ants, and sheets that clearly weren't washed (wrinkled, and no fold lines). It's a real shame because the staff is great. But I'd never stay again for, what I feel, is a deceitful listing.

Room Tip: Look at the room before you book it
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights and the place is very central to everything in George Town and the street is on the main backpacker bar area.
The rooms are just ok, we had a queen room with a bathroom. The room is very small, the smallest I've stayed in out of all south east Asia. The rooms could do with an update, the aircon leaked on to the bed. The bathroom was good with hot showers. The wifi didn't work in the rooms or in the main reception. The guesthouse did say wifi worked in rooms and common area. The breakfast wasn't the best,they had really bad coffee with milk powder, toast and fruits.
The good side was the staff, they were very helpful and friendly. I would stay at this guesthouse again if I was only in the city for a few days.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2017

Stayed here for three night while doing my visa from Thailand. Great atmosphere and good service. Don't expect 5 star as it is a guesthouse but rooms are good and come with breakfast. WiFi all around and huge TV with plenty of coffee in the lounge area. Nice and comfortable feeling. Some rooms share bathroom but that's OK as the place is so clean. Going again next wek..

Room Tip: Better to bring a towel or you may have to pay for one
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2017

Great location, you can walk around the town from the place.
The lady at the receptionist was so nice and helpful. We booked the train back to KL at 6am, which was really early to take any of public transport, and Uber or Grab wouldn't be any easier. Luckily, she contacted her friend to take us to the KTM station with a reasonable price. So overall, this is a smart choice for you when visit Penang. However,
There were a lot of mosquitoes in the place, especially my room. :(
The deposit money was quite high compared to hostels in KL.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family