Red Inn Heritage
US$75
US$71
US$209
US$158
G Hotel Gurney(George Town)
US$133
US$123
US$113
US$89
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

US$60
US$52
US$67
US$57
Agoda.com
US$21
Chulia Mansion(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$36
G Hotel Kelawai(George Town)
US$131
US$116
Cancelon
All reviewsbed dormhuge tvshared toiletprivate roomfree breakfast isbeds were very comfortableaverage staytea coffeelocation is greatcommon areasstayed here for nightschinese new yearpenangguesthousesasiamosquitoeswi
Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

I just check out yesterday with 2 nights stay. When we check out early morning to the airpot, we left the handbad has money and passport inside at the lounge where the reception guy stay there, after 10 mins we back to hotel to ask the handbag and the guy said dont see anything, only the 3rd time we back and ask to check the camera ,he refuse and told us all camera not work, after then the handbag found on the corridor(not at the sofa we left) with open everything and out of all money. We late the flights back to the country and have to buy the expensive tickets on next 2 days. So terrible, very terrible!!!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank vic503
Reviewed 3 May 2017

I stayed 3 days here with my friend to discover the city and street food. This is a really basic back pack hotel but you have everything you need.

The ladies in reception are very friendly and giving all info I asked. Located in a very strategic alley near to city center

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

This place, as many other reviews have said, has wonderful staff, but disappoints in other areas.

I stayed in a 4 bed dorm which had air-con, however the beds were old wooden bunk beds and were the loudest/squeakiest beds I've ever slept in - just turning my head or touching my leg made the whole structure move and groan.

The wifi was terrible, patchy at best. The toilets were fine, no problems there, although quite small. The breakfast is only served between 7.30-9.30 which I feel is absurd - how many backpackers/Asia holidaymakers get up at that hour? Most guesthouses serve until 11/12.

The common area in Reception is grubby - stained sofas, a microwave with fossilised food stuck inside, dirty floor etc. To add to this, the last day I found my shoes at the bottom of the stairs - which they ask you to leave there - were wet. I only hope it was from a roof leak or something from the storm the previous night...

Stay here as a backup option, otherwise avoid.

Such a shame, as the staff are some of the nicest I've dealt with.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 13 March 2017

I was really disappointed in this hostel. It looks nothing like the photos, which almost resemble a mid-range hotel. Instead, I arrive to dirt all over the walks, a busted mirror, busted curtains, bedside table covered in small ants, and sheets that clearly weren't washed (wrinkled, and no fold lines). It's a real shame because the staff is great. But I'd never stay again for, what I feel, is a deceitful listing.

Room Tip: Look at the room before you book it
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights and the place is very central to everything in George Town and the street is on the main backpacker bar area.
The rooms are just ok, we had a queen room with a bathroom. The room is very small, the smallest I've stayed in out of all south east Asia. The rooms could do with an update, the aircon leaked on to the bed. The bathroom was good with hot showers. The wifi didn't work in the rooms or in the main reception. The guesthouse did say wifi worked in rooms and common area. The breakfast wasn't the best,they had really bad coffee with milk powder, toast and fruits.
The good side was the staff, they were very helpful and friendly. I would stay at this guesthouse again if I was only in the city for a few days.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple