3 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$122
Hotels.comUS$108
TravelocityUS$108
1,111 results
All reviews il bacaro iced tea opium room rose room boutique hotel fresh fruit warm hospitality roberto fridge heart georgetown penang comfort
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 September 2022

Ask my family, this is very rare for me, but I cannot find fault with anything. Gorgeous place with wonderful attention to detail - and that applies to the house, the rooms and the service. The bed was heavenly and in no other hotel did we find our fridge stocked with iced tea, fresh milk and a little bedtime treat! Also, it's very conveniently located and allows you to reach most places in the old town on foot in 10 - 15 minutes. Totally recommend!

Date of stay: August 2022
Nardya Wray, Owner at Campbell House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2022

Dear EvaAngie,

We are really appreciative of your wonderful review and honoured that you rate your stay as faultless this really does give us a boost!
Being a small hotel, we all try our very best to ensure guests are made to feel at home and enjoy their stay to the best of our ability and recourses, and we are very happy to read you had a perfect stay.

Our Warmest Regards
Nardya, Roberto & The Campbell House Team

Reviewed 4 September 2022 via mobile

I would have rated it 4 stars if not for the anxiety we faced during the whole transfer to airport (we are lucky to be last one to check in). I booked the transfer through the hotel (10 mins before the time I stated) and they accepted it. The wait for the taxi was 30 mins long despite constant reminders and telling us that cab on the way. The staff blamed on the heavy traffic in the area and our last min request but when I used Grab app, a car can arrive in 6-8 mins. I will definitely rely on Grab than hotel transfer.

The room and bathroom was big, service was good at restaurant. They recognised the guests and take pride in serving us. Other than the above incident, I would say it is a great stay. There are many nice food nearby and it is convenient to get around (I called grab).

Hotel strive to go green, so some amenities were provided upon request. They provided water in a bottle and ice tea to cool down during the hot day. They also have daily special, like cake and tiramisu which was nice.

Bed was comfortable, heater was hot and air con was cold. Only complaint is that my room had mosquito issue and was not resolved when I check out.

Breakfast was sumptuous but we didn’t get to try all.

Room tip: Book the transport using grab instead of rely on them.
Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Campbell House, Guest Services / Front Office at Campbell House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2022

Dear LiL,

Thanks for stay with Us, and sorry again for the bad experience which you faced by using our 3rd party transport provider . We had forward the issue to the transport provider as well. As you aware , we are small boutique hotel located in the heart of Georgetown, which we depends on 3rd party for the transport. Furthermore on the day there is big accident on Penang Bridge which caused heavy jammed around Georgetown and towards Penang Bridge . Again sorry on behalf transport provider.

Reviewed 3 September 2022 via mobile

Awesome place.
Staff is super helpful and welcoming.
The house is very charming with all comfort and well designed furniture and rooms.
It’s also situated in the heart of George Town so easy to go around.
We were really happy in our choice to stay there and will highly recommend it to anyone

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank fabienm930

Dear fabienm930,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and for choosing to stay at Campbell House. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff helpful and friendly. We are very lucky to be situated in a great part of Georgetown and we thank you for recommending us!

Take Care
Kindest Regards
Nardya & The Campbell House Team

Reviewed 11 August 2022 via mobile

Hotel
Arranged an airport pickup. Daniel the driver was polite. The car was clean and well kept. The air freshener was too strong, it gave me a headache. Provided water too and Respects guest privacy. I don’t like talking on car rides. Daniel was great!

Check-in & Check Out
Was very easy and quick. The owner Nardia was great and very informative. They had a very cool method of taking my luggage up to the room. The highlight of my stay!

The Room:
Stayed in the Opium Room. Well maintained and very clean. They have turned down service too. I was missing room slippers and toothbrushes but their front desk guy, Adnan was nice to provide me with a pair of slippers and a toothbrush upon request.

The Restaurant:
Service was great from the staff. I remember Jay and Adnan. Both were courteous and informative. As recommended my main course and dessert. I was pleased with the recommendations.

Would I recommend the place?
Certainly. It’s suitable for business and leisure visits. Location, service, and f&b are beyond satisfactory.

Room tip: Parking is limited. Make a reservation for dinner as the restaurant is easily packed during dinner.
Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 385charlotted
Nardya Wray, Owner at Campbell House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2022

Dear 375charlotted

Thank you for your detailed review we appreciate all your kind feedback.

We are very glad you enjoyed the stay and service from the staff they will be pleased to be personally mentioned.

Thank you again for recomending our hotel and restaurant to others.

Wishing you all the best
Nardya, The Campbell House & Il Bacaro Team

Reviewed 26 July 2022 via mobile

My 4 night stay at Campbell House was a very special treat indeed. The eco-friendly hotel lived up to the reputation from reviews I read in every possible way. Spacious, beautifully designed rooms, luxuries amenities, impeccable service. I started each day with a delicious, hearty ala carte breakfast. All staff were warm and sincere, and outstanding at every point. Campbell House definitely exceeded my expectations and it won’t be long before I plan another trip back. With special thanks to Kumar, Mr Lim and Jay.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Nardya Wray, Owner at Campbell House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2022

Dear I_gidney

What a pleasure it is to read this wonderful feedback; Kumar, Mr Lim & Jay will be over the moon with the personal mention and I congratulate them and all my staff in ensuring your stay exceeded your expectations! It is always a wonderful boost to all of us to know that the hard work and effort everyone puts in to making Campbell House and Il Bacaro a special place does not go unnoticed.

Thank you again for the kind words.

Nardya, Roberto and Our Wonderful Team