15 people are viewing this hotel
US$97
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$93
Official Site
US$87
Agoda.comUS$97
FindHotelUS$97
PricelineUS$107
All reviews kids pool bedroom premier great sea view great location spacious room local food the hotel staff timur appelles cleanliness kitchenette staycation amenities penang grab cafe convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 June 2022

A new hotel, every part of the hotel is clean and tidy. Stayed in a 2-bedroom premier, the room is spacious, it has almost everything we need. Not forget to mention about their breakfast, I miss their taufufa a lot!

Date of stay: June 2022
Sharon Ang, General Manager at Ascott Gurney Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2022

Dear Ms Li Ying,

We are glad you and your family had a wonderful stay with us. Your positive commendation certainly means a lot to us ! Please know we are so grateful you have chosen us for your holiday in Penang Malaysia and hope to welcome you back again soon. The team and the "Tau Fu Fa " are waiting for you.

Reviewed 29 June 2022

Great location with awesome service! Will definitely book my stay there again the next time I'm travelling to Penang be it for leisure or work. Kudos to Rain (one of the manager) there for facilitating and helping with the reservations!

Dear Ms Grace,

I definitely convey your message to Rain and it will brighten his day.

Reviewed 29 June 2022 via mobile

I’ve really enjoyed my stay here. Staff is very friendly and helpful. I would say Ascott Gurney is the place to stay in Penang. Room is big and spacious with a kitchen. Location is excellent as it’s near to many place of interest. There’s a small mall beside for daily convenience.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Mr Tony,

Reviewed 24 June 2022 via mobile

My friend and I booked Ascott Gurney Penang since they have newly renovated and re-opened in March 2022. However this was the worst decision ever. At 4pm, they only had 1 room ready for check in, when we booked 2 rooms. The hotel’s standard check in time is 3pm as stated. When asked why we could not check into both rooms, the reason was 1 of the room is not clean yet. When we went to the room (2405) that was ready, it was horrifying. There was rubbish everywhere in the room and a stench. I could not believe my eyes. It was not clean at all. When told about this, the staff (Wen) came up to check the room and agreed that she will change the room for us. However, they took another 15-20 minutes to find another room. There was no service recovery or compensation made to us for the terrible waste of time. We were brought up to another room and that was it. Strongly recommend NOT TO BOOK this hotel. The management and cleanliness standard is HORRIBLE. Given a choice, I would not even have rated a one star

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank babitingz
Sharon Ang, General Manager at Ascott Gurney Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2022

Dear Our Valued Guest,

Thankyou for sharing your experience with us about your stay with us recently. I would like to extend my sincere apologies if you were offended by having to wait for your room. The team was strive to give you a room first to rest despite the the hotel have been experiencing very high turnover of rooms due to high occupancy level and this does sometimes cause a delay in rooms coming back. We do not purposely leave our guests for waiting and this is definitely not the standard we are known for. With regards for the dirty room, It was my Associate accidentally overlook the status as the room was not clean yet. I am sorry for all the inconvenience cause again.

We hope you will give us another chance again for better experience and please do reach out to me for your future booking, I will be more than happy to look after you personally.

Wishing you have a good start of the week !

Best Regards

Reviewed 24 June 2022 via mobile

Great location.
Worst front desk !
1) Checked in and informed of difficulty to find the lift to hotel lobby. Bad signage. Peggy from front desk insist that she is right.
There are 2 lifts ! Only 1 is with the sign on the other side of building.
2) Upon checking out, requested for invoice to be emailed. Did not send ! I had to call again to request 3 days later !

Dear GM Sharon, pls get more experienced personell. Only Nabil and the young Chinese guy with glasses were good.

Room tip: Do not expect much from them.
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Zein0105

Dear En Zein,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and all other platforms which I have responded to you accordingly.

Once again, I was sorry to read of your experience and on behalf the team & I, we would like to extend our sincere apologies and this is definitely not the level of service we have known for,

We do hope you will give us another chance to serve you again and reach out to me personally and I am glad to serve you personally.

Wishing you have a good start of the week !

Best regards.