My 4th time attempt to stay in Chew Jetty Homestay(uniquely houses built on sea and UNESCO heritage site) finally granted (though not staying exactly in Chew Jetty Homestay).
Always fully booked - I had tried my best to do early book (weeks before checking in, maybe it should be MONTHS before check-in is required, serious HOT DEMAND).
This time, the operator, Ms. Siew Pheng (all of them are Chews by the way), recommended me to stay with her aunt which a few steps away from the Homestay and we're staying basically nearer to the sea.
Siew Pheng called and whatsApped for confirmation and gentle reminder.
Detailed information was provided, where to park the car, how to reach the homestay, contacts and recommendations were all very helpful for trip itinerary planning.
1) Non standard hotel setup - good for travelers/families who wanna go and experience near-to-real-life of people staying and living on sea (did I inform you guys that the homestays/houses are actually build on sea?). Unique experience!
2) Nearby to cheap (real cheap) and local taste (meant to locals and non tourist) hawker stall, just beside the temple - Check them out okie? for dinner and supper.
3) Near to UNESCO site - well those mural wall paintings, you know?
4) Lots of localized activities - eat, drink or rent a bicycle and round the place.
5) Auntie Chew even offered half boiled eggs for my kiddo as breakfast - whereby breakfast is not included in the package - in short; personal touch.
1) No designated parking.
2) Walking is required.