5 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$134
Hotels.comUS$134
TravelocityUS$134
HotelJen.comUS$134
PricelineUS$134
ZenHotels.comUS$138
2,644 results
All reviews the club lounge shopping mall within walking distance breakfast spread local food komtar penang georgetown concierge gym grab heritage
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 August 2022 via mobile

I have booked few rooms for families trip when my relatives come to Malaysia for a visit. I have recommended Jen Georgetown Hotel because it was a strategic hotel and good value hotel when I stayed with them few times back.

My family was tested positive with Covid on travel date and we have contacted the hotel to refund for 2 rooms while the rest of my families members continue with their stay in Jen Georgetown Hotel.

The hotel has processed refund for 1 room however they has extended my stay for 1 room to Dec2022. This is weird but the new reservation has flexible cancellation and I accepted the new booking.

Fast forward to Aug22, I contacted the hotel to cancel my booking and get refund. The hotel management has made life hell and starting to push me around to talk to travel agent where the original booking was made. While travel agent claimed they cannot refund without hotel’s approval. Hotel management asked for reason why want to cancel the booking and supporting documents to proof my reason. This is unprecedented for Shangri-La brand!

After dozens of email, I have to lodge a consumer tribunal filing before it gets serious attention from the hotel manager. The manager claimed there where some miscommunication with the travel agent and system glitch in their reservation. Finally they has refunded but caused trust deficit by loyal customer.

The management team has not empathy and turned a dead ear to customer problem.
I am done with this hotel.

Room tip: To avoid this hotel with bad management
Reviewed 20 August 2022 via mobile

The rooms weer fine, smaller then they seemed in the photo’s but they were okay.

But the pool is old and worn out. There are pigeons and poop on the terrace. The picture of the pool on the websites is not like reality.

Reviewed 8 August 2022 via mobile

Extremely old hotel though room was refurbished but there is still moldy smell.

Room and hotel pictures posted online quite deceiving due to lighting. The entire property is old and worn out.

Iron inside room is dirty old. only stay for one night but definitely won't be back to this hotel as the room rates kind of high for the hotel condition.

Location is good near to 3 malls all around it. This is the only plus factor.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2022

We stayed for 2 nights in Room 1001 and you don't believe it. The room was just besides the lift. The whole night you can hear the lifts in operation noises. I wonder why Jen Hotel can have rooms just besides lifts. Super super noisy and remember to reject the hotel rooms with X01 .

2  Thank NathanielNg1106
Reviewed 5 August 2022

Decided to make a trip to Penang again and booked Jen Hotel (again)!

Upon arrival at Penang Airport, took the Airport Taxi ride (MS44.50) to the Hotel, which was within half an hour.

The room was not ready when I arrived as the standard check-in time was 3pm. However, the room was made available by 2pm and I was allowed to check in earlier.

Having stayed in this hotel for my last few trips, I could only say that I enjoy the clean and comfy room and the great location of the Hotel. On this trip, however, I was pleasantly surprised by housekeeping. The staff not only tidied up the room, tidied up the messy table, folded my soiled shirt and lined up my toiletries in the bathroom! I was very impressed with the service! Kudos to the staff who cleaned my room!

Having added on the club lounge service, I was able to use the club lounge in the afternoon and during cocktail sessions. Kudos to the Lounge Officer, William, who remembered my name and greeted me!

Already looking forward to my next trip! Guess where I would be staying (again)!

Date of stay: July 2022