Cititel Penang
Federal Hotel(George Town)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Malaysia(George Town)
View Hotel
Muntri Grove Hotel(George Town)
Hotel Continental(George Town)
Waldorf Hotel(George Town)
1,101 results
All reviewsred gardendeluxe roomwithin walking distancelor bakfamous nasi kandarsea viewchowrasta marketnon smokingceiling fancendolfree cat buscheck in was quicknight lifehigh floorcorner roombuffet breakfaststrategic location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

good hotel with a courteous staff. The breakfast is really nice with a variety however they charge extra for every little thing you request for. I was out of sugar and tea sachet in my room so I called room service and then house keeping for some extra sugar and they were charging extra for the same. I mean I have not seen a hotel till date who charge extra for sugar and tea sachet.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Manishgrover24
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greetings from all of us at Cititel Penang.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Penang. My team and I really appreciate your honest review on Trip Advisor.

First and foremost, I would like to personally thank you for highlighting on the issue pertaining to the issue faced with the charges for extra tea and sugar sachets to me. I'm most ashamed to know of such an incident and this is not the usual standard we practice here at our hotel. I would like to extend my most sincere apology for the unforeseen incident and I would like to inform you that necessary action has been taken against the staff on duty, and we have terminated his service.

Again, thank you so much for your honest feedback, as only with that, we are able to improve our service to ensure that our valued guests enjoy a pleasant stay with us.

Please take care and we hope to welcome you and your family back again in the near future. We wish you the very best in all that you do.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Very good hotel with all facilities and within walking distance to many attractions.
Check in was breeze and rooms condition were just nice although aging.
The bed were comfortable and the bathroom fully stocked.
Breakfast is plentiful and awesome. Will definitely consider for future trips.

Room Tip: Saving the harbour
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Maiden0422
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Selamat Sejahtera from all of us at Cititel Penang.

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us on your recent holiday visit to Penang, and my team and I are most grateful to you for your pleasant and positive review on Trip Advisor.

It is such a great motivation to all of us here, to learn that you appreciated our hotel, the facilities, smooth check-in service, comfortable bed, room amenities, the breakfast selection served, as well as the nearby attractions which are within walking distance.

I'm most pleased to know that you will consider staying with us again for your future trips. My team and I would like to thank you for your gracious support, and we do look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please do give us a call if you need any assistance. In the meantime, we wish you and your family the best of health and great success.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Staff is very courteous and place is neat and clean to stay. Nice view from rooms.
Go for rooms like 1209 1210 amazing views.
Lot of tourist places around that can be visited by walk like market and mall.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Hajeera26

Selamat Sejahtera from all of us at Cititel Penang.

My team and I would like to extend our heartfelt appreciation to you and your family for staying with us during your recent holiday visit to Penang. We are indeed most grateful for your positively pleasant review on your stay experience with us.

I'm totally pleased to learn that you appreciated our staff services, the cleanliness of our hotel and rooms with nice views. I'm also glad that you managed to visit the nearby attractions from markets to shopping malls.

Thank you so much for your wonderful recommendations, and we greatly appreciate your kind support. Please take care and we wish you and your family the very best of health and great success. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

We spent 3 nights at this hotel. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was fabulous - the best we'd had in 3 2/1 months travelling in South East Asia. The location of the hotel was good. We could walk around easily and were close to restaurants. The pictures of the pool on the website are great but it is very small for the size of the hotel. With a few people already in the pool, it would have been an uncomfortable swim so we didn't use it. The worst part of this hotel was the wifi. They have a terrible system where you can only connect 2 units to the wifi and half the time it shuts down and you have to call the front desk to have reset. If you want to connect a 3rd unit, you first have to disconnect but the system doesn't allow you to do it yourself so you keep having to call the front desk to have the wifi reset and then you have to reconnect the 2 units you want to use. Half the time it didn't work in our room anyway so we had to go down to the lobby or restaurant. Very frustrating. Internet was extremely important to us as we are travelling for 6 months.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the wifi router if wifi is important to you
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Suzanne Y
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Selamat Sejahtera from all of us at Cititel Penang.

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your recent South East Asia travelling itinerary. My team and I are indeed grateful for your review on Trip Advisor, having shared your honest comments with us.

We are pleased to learn that you appreciated your spacious and comfortable room, the buffet breakfast spread and the location of our hotel whereby many local restaurants, retail outlets and various tourist attractions are within a walk away.

I have taken a serious note on your comment pertaining to the instability of our Wifi service, and I've instructed our IT personnel to act upon the issue immediately, to ensure that it doesn't recur. Please accept my profound apologies for the inconvenience caused as I understand that it is very important to you, our valued guest.

Again, we thank you for your kind support and we do hope to welcome you back again in the near future. Please do contact us should you require any assistance, and in the meantime, please take care and we wish you and your family the very best of health and great success. We wish you happy and safe travels!

With warmest wishes,

Reviewed 5 May 2017

I like older hotels with big rooms and Cititel does it for me . Helpful and friendly staff,
big breakfast selection and superb views from my corner room .

Hopefully the first of many stays at this hotel

Room Tip: The Hotel location is excellent and in one of the better areas .
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Raymone M
TonyGoh-GM, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2017

Selamat Sejahtera from all of us at Cititel Penang.

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Penang. My team and I are very grateful for your generous full-bubble rating on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to learn that you appreciated the size of your room, our staff services rendered, the wonderful views from your corner room as well as the breakfast selection.

Once again, we thank you for your kind support and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. In the meantime, please take care and we wish you and your family the very best. Do drop us a line should you require any assistance.

With best wishes,