2 people are viewing this hotel
RM 193
Fully refundable before Wed, 28 Feb
Multiple ways to pay
1,195 results
All reviews sea view ceiling fan walking distance hotel is located hotel breakfast pleasant stay roti canai penang georgetown komtar heart chinese convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2023

Looks like this hotel opened in the 80's and it hasn't been updated since ... From the dated lobby area to the very dated rooms, it's a cheap, relatively clean stay in Penang. The Location is quite convenient and most attractions are walkable from this hotel. There is also the free shuttle bus stop just across the road which is convenient to get to the slightly further attractions such as the historical piers.

The room I stayed in on the 10th floor had numerous broken tiles in the bathroom and dirty carpet however it had a decent view towards the water which was nice to watch the sunrise each morning.

The internet was pretty slow so I found myself using my mobile data more often than not.

Date of stay: January 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Amir Hisham, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2023

Dear Khoistar,

Warmest Greetings from Cititel Penang.
Thank you for choosing Cititel Penang as your preferred choice of accommodation.

While I wish, you had a better experience, it is feedback as such that we learn from and improvise continuously. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it’s apparent in this case, we fell short. I would like to extend my most profound apologies for the unfortunate inconvenience that you have faced throughout your stay with us.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your constructive feedback as it is only through you that we know our shortcomings and learn from it.

Nevertheless, I hope that this had not detracted you from the overall enjoyment of your stay here and we sincerely look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Cititel Penang over and over again soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 13 March 2023

This is a gem of a hotel. My checkin was friendly & efficient. I loved the drinks station in the lobby (try the nutmeg). My room was a decent size and well appointed. The Hotel breakfast was incredible - so many choices. What made this hotel stand out for me was the staff. Every single staff member from lobby to housekeeping always stopped and said a pleasant hello. In particular I should mention Mr Zabidi in the lobby and Mr Kelvin in the breakfast room. Both are excellent.

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Amir Hisham, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2023

Dear Jamie2290

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay with us at Cititel Penang.

I am thrilled to know that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed everything from the comfort of the room, facilities to our culinary offerings and your compliments towards the team who had all made you felt so well cared for. I will be sure to share your lovely feedback with everyone on the team especially Mr Zabidi and Mr Kelvin.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the very near future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 20 February 2023

We have been to Georgetown many times before and this is our first time staying at the Cititel. It was a very refreshing and positive experience from start to finish.
When we booked, we were very pleased by the response and helpfulness from the reservation manager. Our check in was very smooth and our room was fine.
The hotel is in a great location and within easy reach of the popular attractions in Georgetown.
Overall we had a very enjoyable stay and what made the difference was the great attitude and willingness to help from all members of the staff. We met the general manager twice and he is a humble and gracious host.
I highly recommend this hotel without any hesitation/

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amir Hisham, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2023

Dear bert88,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review following your stay with us at Cititel Penang.

I am extremely pleased to learn that you had such an enjoyable stay. The team and I are very happy that your experience at the hotel was to your fullest satisfaction and that you enjoyed the courtesies and level of service from all the team members; especially from Reservation Manager Ms Siew Siew, who was so warm and helpful towards you. It is also wonderful to know that you appreciate our convenient location as well as the our room.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again with utmost attention to your safety and comfort, and to extend our True Hospitality again for another most unforgettable stay.

On behalf of the Team at Cititel Penang, we look forward sincerely to your return and to welcoming you back with us again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 6 December 2022 via mobile

We stayed for 3 days 2 nights. Checked in was smooth at 2.00pm. Our room's shower head and kettle were broken, we called the receptionist and they replaced it with another one immediately. The team also entertained our request for extra pillow and mineral water. Service is 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟. The room is clean and comfy. We also have a sea view. For breakfast, it is marvellous, has a variety of foods from nasi lemak and freshly cooked roti canai to sushi and also ice cream. Location wise is great, just 5 mins walk to Hameediyah and Ais Tingkap.

Room tip: Asked for sea view
Date of stay: December 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amir Hisham, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2022

Dear blueberina,

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

My team and I thank you for sharing your stay experience with us.
We are delighted to receive such heartwarming comments and we are happy to know that you've had a pleasant staycation.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 8 October 2022 via mobile

Best value for the money stay at the heart of Georgetown.
Reception was attentive and friendly.
The room was modern, very clean and has a nice sea view. It also has a welcome addition of a ceiling fan which is something i wonder why more hotels dun include in their rooms…thumbs up!
Breakfast was delicious with a big selection of western and local food. For those who love their nasi lemak and chinese porridge, this is the place for them.
Location is superb. Walking distance to many local eateries.
For those who drive, there is ample parking space and complimentary parking was also provided. The reception asked whether i drove and gave me a complimentary parking slip…again thumbs up
Looking forward to stay here again when i next visit Penang :)

Date of stay: October 2022
1  Thank johnnyo659
Amir Hisham, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2022

Dear Johnnyo659,

Thank you for sharing with us insights of your stay experience at Cititel Penang.

I am truly pleased to know that you have enjoyed your experiences with us. It is a great delight to be learning of your intent to return with us again, and the many reasons for your return.

I look forward to welcoming you back with us for many more memorable stays.
Thank you.