2 people are viewing this hotel
RM 193
Fully refundable before Wed, 6 Mar
Multiple ways to pay
1,195 results
All reviews sea view ceiling fan walking distance hotel is located hotel breakfast pleasant stay roti canai penang georgetown komtar heart chinese convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2023

Our last hotel. I would specially thank to Vicky from EQ kl, who suggested me this hotel. Trust me, we spent the best holiday ever. Thankful to Vicky.

Front office and the team never make us regret and make us feel home. Ms Chester who always come and check on us. Thanks to you.

Everything is nearby and the foods are amazing. No words to describe it.

We will definitely recommend this hotel

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amir Hisham, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2023

Dear Valued Guest,

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.

It is indeed a delight to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

My team and I look forward to being at your service again soon should your travels bring you back to Penang again.

Take care and Stay Safe.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 16 July 2023

We read from the reviews that some of the rooms had been refurbished. As such, when booking, we had requested for refurbished room and to our delight, we had received a seaview refurbished room. View was great! Staffs were approachable and friendly and checkin and checkout were fast. Room was spacious and toilet was clean. Wifi was strong. Pool was a bit small but it was ok and comes with a small jacuzzi area. Do note that there is no kids pool, however, they had set up a small inflatable pool. What's great is that the hotel had setup a section at the reception for free flow cold drinks for hotel guests which is really cool especially in the hot weather. .There is also a coffee machine where you can buy coffee for RM 5. The reception area always smells nice and there are many chairs for you to relax. Many eating places within the area. Komtar and Chowrasta are around 10 mins walk away and the beach area is also around 15-20 mins walk. The famous Prata transfer road is also nearby. We didnt take the hotel breakfast so can't comment on that. Grab from airport to hotel at night was RM 22.
Overall it was an enjoyable stayed.

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amir Hisham, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2023

Dear Regal_Ali,

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang!

Thank you for making Cititel Penang your preferred accommodation choice whilst in Penang.

A stay experience is truly indeed crafted by every step of your journey with us, one that we continually endeavour to deliver upon in our commitment to create truly memorable stays for every guest of the Hotel.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again with utmost attention to your safety and comfort, and to extend our True Hospitality again for another most unforgettable stay.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 30 May 2023

I stayed at Cititel Penang for 3 days in the week of 22nd May 2023. The hotel staff were excellent with quick and friendly service. the rooms were clean and comfortable and the location was super with so many attractions within walking distance. Overall a very nice stay at Cititel Penang

Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Amir Hisham, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2023

Dear RajLakshman,

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang
Thank you for making Cititel Penang your preferred choice of accommodation whilst in Penang.

My team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our services met your expectations. We appreciate the opportunity you have given us to be of service and thank you for your kind recognition of the team's efforts. I am sure the entire team enjoyed attending to your needs as much as you enjoyed being here.

I want you to know that we are truly glad to have you as our guest and that all of us at Cititel Penang sincerely look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you over and over again.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 27 May 2023

Looks like this hotel opened in the 80's and it hasn't been updated since ... From the dated lobby area to the very dated rooms, it's a cheap, relatively clean stay in Penang. The Location is quite convenient and most attractions are walkable from this hotel. There is also the free shuttle bus stop just across the road which is convenient to get to the slightly further attractions such as the historical piers.

The room I stayed in on the 10th floor had numerous broken tiles in the bathroom and dirty carpet however it had a decent view towards the water which was nice to watch the sunrise each morning.

The internet was pretty slow so I found myself using my mobile data more often than not.

Date of stay: January 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Khoistar,

Warmest Greetings from Cititel Penang.
Thank you for choosing Cititel Penang as your preferred choice of accommodation.

While I wish, you had a better experience, it is feedback as such that we learn from and improvise continuously. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it’s apparent in this case, we fell short. I would like to extend my most profound apologies for the unfortunate inconvenience that you have faced throughout your stay with us.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your constructive feedback as it is only through you that we know our shortcomings and learn from it.

Nevertheless, I hope that this had not detracted you from the overall enjoyment of your stay here and we sincerely look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Cititel Penang over and over again soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 13 March 2023

This is a gem of a hotel. My checkin was friendly & efficient. I loved the drinks station in the lobby (try the nutmeg). My room was a decent size and well appointed. The Hotel breakfast was incredible - so many choices. What made this hotel stand out for me was the staff. Every single staff member from lobby to housekeeping always stopped and said a pleasant hello. In particular I should mention Mr Zabidi in the lobby and Mr Kelvin in the breakfast room. Both are excellent.

Date of stay: March 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Amir Hisham, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2023

Dear Jamie2290

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your recent stay with us at Cititel Penang.

I am thrilled to know that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed everything from the comfort of the room, facilities to our culinary offerings and your compliments towards the team who had all made you felt so well cared for. I will be sure to share your lovely feedback with everyone on the team especially Mr Zabidi and Mr Kelvin.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the very near future.

Yours sincerely