Lowest prices for your stay
RM 275
Bob T
WONDERFUL STAY, EXCELLENT STAFF & GREAT HOSPITALITY
Review of Cititel Penang
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Jan 2024via mobile
It's my 4th visit to this fabulous hotel starting from 7/10/2023 - 10/10/2023 - 3nights room no.#928
5/11/2023 - 8/11/2023 - 3nights room no.1531
11/12/2023 - 14/12/2023 - 3nights room no.1531
1/01/2024 - 04/2024 - 3nights room no. 1531
And I must say that i really enjoyed my stay at Cititel.Almost all the staff has been so kind and friendly towards me mainly those from the Front Office staff.Miss Suzanna never fail to send me a welcome fruit basket for me and a chocolate box during my each visit.Mr.Bani with his cheerful demeanour,Mr.Suhaimi,Mr.Kiran just to name a few you guys are simply AWESOME.Thank you guys for looking after me throughout my stay at Cititel and Inshaa Allah I will be back in March.Not forgetting the delicious breakfast spread that I had every morning.
Date of stay: January 2024
    RM 3,001
0.4 km from Cititel Penang
View more hotels in George Town
1,195 results
All reviews sea view ceiling fan walking distance hotel is located hotel breakfast pleasant stay roti canai penang georgetown komtar heart chinese convenience
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2024

Clean room and bathroom. Easy to get parking . Friendly staff and efficient service during check in from the Front Office staff. Get higher floor as per requested, sea view. I’d enjoyed my welcoming nutmeg drink from services

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amir Hisham, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2024

Dear Anisvha,

We are so happy to have impressed you with our heartfelt hospitality.

Your kind comments and recognition can definitely motivate us to continually deliver quality and thoughtful services to our esteemed guests such as yourself. I will indeed share your comments with my staff, in particular our Front Office Team.

Thank you again for the nice review. It is with great honored that we were being chosen and we are very delighted to hear that you have had an overall enjoyable stay with us, we hope to be of your service again in the future.

Thank you once again.
Until then my very best wishes and take care.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 29 November 2023 via mobile

Everyone in this hotel is super-friendly and eager to help. The rooms are spacious and comfy (we stayed in room 1130). They contain a good fridge (which was very important to me, to keep my insulin pen in), an iron, an ironing board, and a kettle. The bathroom is good in every way, a bit dated though. The toiletries provided are very good. Breakfast is really good. We enjoyed the wide variety of different food, besides the fresh fruit.
We asked for a late check out, expecting two hours, but they kindly gave us four hours, for free.
The location is perfect, too. Walking distance to many temples, Art Street, Little India, and many cafés and restaurants.
I really recomend this hotel, and would stay there if we went to Penang again.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amir Hisham, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2023

Dear reemd2015,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay here at Cititel Penang.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced the Cititel Penang hospitality that we strive to deliver. Your kind compliments will surely motivate our team to continue to provide excellent service from the heart. While we aim to delight guests with outstanding services and amenities. I'm glad to hear that our efforts and meticulous attention to detail result in memorable and exceptional encounters.It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again with utmost attention to your safety and comfort, and to extend our True Hospitality again for another most unforgettable stay.

On behalf of the Team at Cititel Penang, we look forward sincerely to your return and to welcoming you back with us again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 22 October 2023 via mobile

The good:
There’s free parking provided for guests but car park is quite congested, quite a busy hotel with many guests around the lobby, the room is decent but may have aged a little by the looks of it, breakfast so so

The bad:
The room looks a bit old but clean, the lighting is a bit funny also and it’s either too dark or too bright, during the last hour of breakfast time, they don’t really refill the food so please make sure to be early, there’s many kinds of guests staying at this hotel thus don’t be surprised if you encounter weird behaviour.

Overall, I am a little disappointed staying at this hotel as I was looking forward to the room ambience and breakfast. Both were below my expectation although nothing bad happened. Would have liked it if the management is nice enough to put in some finishing touches such as upgrading of some furnitures or anything to make the hotel look more pleasant.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Amir Hisham, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2023

Dear Siokjin,

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.
Thank you for making Cititel Penang your preferred accommodation choice whilst in Penang.

I have taken note of the breakfast and it certainly warrants my serious attention. Pleased be rest assured that my Assistant F&B Manager and Culinary team is checking into it and will do necessary rectification to avoid recurrence. I am grateful for your valuable feedback as it only through you, our distinguished guest that we know of problem and learn from it.
I do realize that this in no way makes up for the inconvenience you went through, but I do hope that you will not let this mar your impression of the hotel and would appreciate it if you would give us another opportunity to welcome you back so we may provide you with a refreshed experience which we pride ourselves in.

Nevertheless, I hope that this had not detracted you from the overall enjoyment of your stay here and we sincerely look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you to Cititel Penang soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 9 October 2023 via mobile

Its my first time staying at Cititel Penang and my 3 nights stay will end tomorrow.Excellent staff smooth checked in and very clean room.I single out Mr.Bani from the front desk who checked me in.He's very friendly and efficent and not forgetting Mr.Kirin who never fail to greet me each time we cross path.Overall i find that all the staff at Cititel are very friendly approachable and humble.Definitely i will come back to this hotel again whenever i step foot in Penang in the near future.Thank you Cititel.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Amir Hisham, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2023

Dear Bob T,

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang
Thank you for making Cititel Penang your preferred choice of accommodation whilst in Penang.

My team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our services met your expectations. We appreciate the opportunity you have given us to be of service and thank you for your kind recognition of the team's efforts, especially Sarah. I am sure the entire team enjoyed attending to your needs as much as you enjoyed being here. We are happy to hear that your overall experience with us was exceptional, and we greatly appreciate your continued loyalty.

I want you to know that we are truly glad to have you as our guest and that all of us at Cititel Penang sincerely look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you over and over again.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 19 September 2023

Wonderful hotel. Everything was better than my expectation before reaching the hotel. The staffs were helpful and friendly. The room was clean and well maintained. Nice view from the high floor. Breakfast was great with more than adequate selections - I enjoyed it. Its meeting room was also well decorated.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Amir Hisham, General Manager at Cititel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2023

Dear Zacharysoo,

Selamat Sejahtera from Cititel Penang.
Thank you for making Cititel Penang your accommodation choice whilst in Penang recently.

My team and I are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our hotel and services met your expectations. We appreciate the opportunity you have given us to be of service and thank you for your kind recognition of the team's efforts. I am sure the entire team enjoyed attending to your needs as much as you enjoyed being here.

Thank you again for staying with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,