Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
zurainaleily
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Cosy hotel

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Aug 2019
I booked this hotel though Agoda and stayed in room 1124 which was facing the city. I chose this hotel over another cheaper one around this area after reading good reviews. I am not disappointed as I appreciate the quick check in after a long drive from Kuala Lumpur. There were ample free covered car park. The rooms were fairly large, clean, strong shower water pressure, good controlled room temperature, many electrical plug points, iron and board readily available in the room etc. Breakfast was good with local food and other healthy choice options. Staff was very friendly and efficient especially En. Malik Harwani who made us very welcome and took time to enquire about our well being. Restaurants located outside the hotel and 24 hours convenient store was 4 minutes walk away. Great value for money. Will certainly come again.
Date of stay: August 2019
  • Hotel Website
    RM 850
2.2 km from Evergreen Laurel Hotel
View more hotels in George Town
All reviews gurney drive sea view gurney area walking distance bit dated mineral water high floor f b spacious room local food shopping mall strategic location gym penang georgetown jacuzzi hawker
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2019

Though the first of the hotel was kinda of old but never underestimate the look of it.
The service is polite and good. The room is reasonable clean and thoughtful. Extra pillows are kept in plastic bags and the amenities all available in the room without asking. Highly recommended .

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2019 via mobile

First time staying at this hotel at Gurney area. It’s about 15 mins walk from Gurney Plaza Mall so if you are not for walking, it’s a very short grab ride away. Nearest 7-11 is about 5 mins walk.

The room is well maintained and seemed to be refurbished although the exterior of the hotel looks like it’s way past it’s prime and deserve an update. Otherwise everything was good for the price paid. I will rate the room a 4.5/5 for the price paid, with a clean room with a good bath tub and the right water temperature. The deduction is for a slightly wobbly chair and the lack of sufficient tv channels.

If you want a hotel near to all the attractions in Georgetown then this is not for you. But everywhere should be just a short grab ride for 10 myr or less. I will rate the location 4.5/5 as well.

As for service, I think the friendliness scale of the counter staff could be improved for this hotel to up one notch. I have had better service. Tried to call the recept from room and the phone rang forever as well. The concierge guy and doorman are pretty kind and friendly though.

Didn’t take the buffet breakfast as there are some local eateries near the left side of hotel front that you could grab some good stuff. When in Penang, eat local Penang food!

The sea view room is worth the extra dollars unless you don’t really care about what’s outside your window. I say go for it as the reclamation in front of the hotel will probably block off everything in a few years. Check out the photos!

An additional tip - traffic in Penang seemed to be getting worse so if you are travelling to the airport during peak hour, try to include a one hour travel time in case of jam - which happened to me, on a weekday. Thankfully I left early. Buffer even more time if it’s Friday.

If you find the review useful, let me know. I will keep it up. Have a great holiday!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MzPurrrfect
Reviewed 5 July 2019 via mobile

The only regrets are the 3D2N stays in this lovely hotel is too short because my son and wife off-days from government hospital. The hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast are up-to-date standard especially their coffee machine are really awesome. Tried the "BohTea" varieties selection and the best is the Earl Tea!. The most surprising part in their room is the fridge are stock with 3 cans of drinks and 2 bottles of mineral water. I called the front desk and was informed they're free of charge. Plus a basket of Apple's. It's always refreshing to book the rooms with sea view and their beds are really comfortable. My wife and I seldom look at the television program when holidaying but their movies and TV are one of the best we've seen so far. Hopefully to stays in this lovely hotel again in the near future. Thank you for the service rendered and it's really worth the money spent staying in this hotel, forgot to asked the names of staffs whom take cares of our two rooms. Their friendly smiling faces and greetings are always a welcoming rememberable stays.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2019 via mobile

Looks old and grand, and it is, with a British colonial feel to it, the type of place i can relax in, still has enough character to please, well stocked gym area, art deco changing rooms and big enough pool, great in the morning.
Food and breakfast in particular are good, ice is supplied in the pantrys on different floors as well.
Two small negatives, my room had a stand in bath/shower which i dont like as they are dangerous, and the television could do with upgrading picture quality is now quite poor.
Apart from that i will be sure to return on my next trip.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank willscarlett2015
Reviewed 17 June 2019 via mobile

Our recent launch of Berrihealth products at Evergreen Laurel Hotel was a great success. With over 120 guests and members of the press attending, the latest Black Raspberry Powder was launched. Kudos to the hotel team for preparing the venue, helping with the audio visual arrangements and serving a lovely high tea for our guests. Recommended for good value, good price and good location (Gurney Drive)!

Date of stay: June 2019