Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Latha @ Kreethy
Batu Ferringhi, Malaysia

REALLY WORSE AND THE RECEPTION CHINESE LADY WHEN CHK OUT TIME, HER ATTITUDE HV TO BE ADVICE!!!

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 May 2024via mobile
I check in around 2:30am -midnight 18/5-19/5 (Under the name Latha Subramaniam- Booking ID:1273604233) but already cal the hotel and inform about that. So when I arrive the process when softly without any issues. The Guy who did the chk in was so polite and humble.
Once step inside the room, it was so cozy and clean.
But at about 3:45am I notice the sink was stuck then few minutes later my Partner told me that the toilet bowl can't flush and the water didn't flows away. But that was a middle of night and we are tired so didn't cal the reception. ( But as I been stay in many hotels before,for many years.. Hsekpng Supervisor should chk everything before VI the room, right? Correct me if im wrong!!)
Just about to sleep, few minutes after laying down on the bed, my whole body was itchy non stop.. So I chk the bed.. and I try to clean the bedsheets and try to sleep again but still dammmnnn itching.. As my partner experience the same issue.. So I go took shower again..
And my partner already went out bcz couldn't bare the itchiness!!
So when the time I chk out. I inform to the Chinese Lady about the room condition and I haven't finish my sentence she keep on interrupted (Im Sorry about that and will advice, thank u so much) she keep saying that and its like she not ready to listen what im going to tell her!!!
I'm really pissed off bcz my body was itchy & her attitude really worse!!!
On that day until now I been facing terrible pain and all over my body have marks and still itchy. Will attached the pic. SERIOUSLY NEED TO CHECK ALL THE BED AND THE ROOM CONDITION BCZ IM FACING THE WORSE PAIN AND ITCHINESS PAST 10DYS..!!!) I CANT SLEEP AT ALL DAY AND NIGHT IM SUFFERING!!!!!)
DAY BY DAY THE MARK GROWN AND HAVEN'T CURE YET!!! THIS IS REALLY SHITTTT..!!!!
NVR EVER EXPERIENCE THIS MUCH OF WORSE SITUATION IN MY LIFE BEFORE. PAID FOR ROOM BUT CAN'T USE ANYTHING INSIDE ROOM AND IM SUFFERING DUE TO MY BODY CONDITION NOW..!!!
Date of stay: May 2024
    RM 355
    RM 295
1.7 km from Evergreen Laurel Hotel
View more hotels in George Town
All reviews gurney drive sea view gurney area walking distance bit dated mineral water high floor f b spacious room local food shopping mall strategic location gym penang georgetown jacuzzi hawker
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 April 2024 via mobile

The superior room is huge! It's an old hotel but they have full of facilities, from tennis court,gym, sauna, big jacuzzi, pool, lounge etc..even if you don't have a seaview room, the city view is also astonishing, you can see the whole town penang and Penang hill.. the food at the restaurant for me are not really tasteful but ok, it has the classic vibe..the health facility is big..i think this is the only hotel at gurney with a complete facilities.

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 December 2023

The hotel exhibits substandard cleanliness, which is deemed unacceptable, particularly in light of its age. The presence of easily removable dirt suggests a lack of thorough cleaning maintenance. Unfortunately there is no video feature at Tripadvisor, video would explain how dirty it was.

During peak season, the inadequacy of staffing was evident, with only one individual managing the front desk. I observed the front desk manager concealing herself behind a door engaged in a phone conversation. Upon noticing my observation, she retreated further into hiding. This experience, being my inaugural visit, will regrettably be my last, as the combination of unsatisfactory cleanliness and poor service dissuades any future patronage to this establishment.

Room tip: Say no to dirty hotel
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2023

Stayed here for three nights. I needed a fairly central place in Penang. Gurney Drive is by the sea (however, being reclaimed). Food around this area is wonderful. Very quiet. So I did a lot of my work in this hotel room. The chair was a bit low...resulted in a bad back for this old man! The lobby is expansive, and rather devoid of people. Food in the restaurant is mid-grade! So I went out a lot to have my local, fantastic Penang food! Go to the Chowratsa area on Penang Road, by the market. Grab charges are minimal, and easy to get! The hotel is mid-priced. I would go there again. Staff need to smile a bit more!

Room tip: Drinks in the room fridge were free...but I didn't drink any!
Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Lagusaya2
Reviewed 17 November 2023

Rooms were spotless very clean with good facilities. Hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful
Sadly the food let the place down especially the breakfast little choice and badly cooked and cold Even the egg station eggs were cooked on a griddle in advance and left on a metal tray they were all like rubber and stone cold. I asked the chef once if I could have a sunny side up egg but he just pointed to the tray of cold rubber eggs and gave a snarl service was poor in the restaurant with the girls more interested in combing the hair and using mobile phones than helping guests the managers in black suits seemed to be doing all the work and were great
The swimming pool had NO sun beds was was unused By most people
Location is great. For all the malls and restaurants
Such a shame this hotel could be so much. better with a few small improvements

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2023 via mobile

This is an amazing hotel .. huge lobby and very helpful and good staff. Badrul the office boy was so kind and caring and i was so touched by his kindness and being helpful.

Breakfast spread is amazing and front office really nice.

Rooms are big and comfortable- ac very cold

Room tip: The hotel is next to lots of hawker stalls so at night very comfortable
Date of stay: October 2023