Lowest prices for your stay
US$42
Official Hotel
US$50
US$32
SAVE US$18
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.comUS$36
Booking.comUS$49
StayForLongUS$50
1,750 results
All reviews new lane hawker stalls street food hawker food walking distance taxi stand the club lounge macalister road buffet breakfast early check comfortable stay hotel lobby shopping mall strategic location noodles char kway teow komtar
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 December 2020 via mobile

I’m writing this review while waiting in my car for the availability of the free parking of this hotel. Tonight is my second night of stay. Last night the same thing happened, indoor free parking was full. I waited for 15 mins for a vacant.

Tonight I witnessed 2 cars were allowed to enter the ‘full’ parking after talking to the guards. The guards removed the barrier to let them in. Another group of guests saw that too. The lady yelled at the guards and staff there. And next, the her car was allowed to go in.

After that, I went to asked nicely how come that could happen while polite people like me don’t get to enter. The guards just said there was no parking.

So here I am sitting in my car waiting and writing this review.

I have another 2 nights here. I guess if you’re driving back to the hotel late, you either pay premium to park near the hotel, or man up to yelled at them, or be a loser like me and wait until don’t know when.

Happy new year.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sunway Hotel Georgetown, Owner at Sunway Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2021

Greetings from Sunway Hotel Georgetown Penang!

Thank you for your review. The Management views your feedback very seriously and has instructed our team to take immediate actions, including to conduct a re-briefing and intensify our trainings to all the staffs to enhance the standards of services provided, as our guests' satisfaction is our top priority. Nevertheless, your feedback on our parking space is duly noted, rest assured that we view your constructive comments with concern and our Management will continue to look into the matter for further enhancement of our facilities.
We hope that this single experience will not mar your overall impression of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back with us in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 December 2020

Room - Big Room, Comfort Feeling, Nice View
Toilet - Big Toilet, Nice Showering Section
Location - 24 hours convenient store (Big Mart & 7-eleven) in walking distance, street food nearby the hotel but only available after Evening. Morning wise you may try Dim Sum just around the hotel. Further down you may reach Penang Times Square just opposite the hotel with some walking distance.
Bed - Too hard. Not comfortable during sleep. Causing backache when woke up morning.
Pillow - Too soft. Although provided 2 pillows however when stacking up its too high but without stacking up the pillow are not comfortable to sleep with.
Wifi - Too slow. Open Facebook picture also failed to load.
Parking - Worst ever. People travelling to Penang is to enjoy food scenery and might return to hotel at night. However when I reach hotel at night the parking is full and Security does not allow me to park anywhere. I am being advised to find outside parking which don't even know whether is secure or not and have to fork out additional money just to pay for parking to stay in this hotel. This is totally unacceptable with such reputation hotel. I have been staying in so many hotel and whenever parking is not enough, the additional service provided by the hotel is they would requested for my car key and they would take care of it instead of asking the guest please settle yourself.

Date of stay: December 2020
Sunway Hotel Georgetown, Owner at Sunway Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2020

Dear Alvin,

Greetings from Sunway Hotel Georgetown Penang!

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that you find our location strategic. We take note on your comment about our pillows, feel free to approach our colleagues by phone call from the room for changing of pillow type during your future stays. Your feedback on our parking space and Wifi are duly noted, rest assured that we view your constructive comments with concern and our Management will continue to look into the matter for further enhancement of our facilities and conduct a re-briefing to all the staffs on maintaining the standards of services provided, as our guests' convenience is our top priority.

We hope that this single experience will not mar your overall impression of our hotel and hope to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 28 December 2020

Extremely limited carpark. Please avoid to come during peak time. End up parking my car at private parking nearby the hotel with fees.
Breakfast is ok. Location is nice which is in town which nearby shops and restaurant.
Facility is quite good. The room is nice.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sunway Hotel Georgetown, Owner at Sunway Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2020

Greetings from Sunway Hotel Georgetown Penang!

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that our services and location are up to your expectations. Please accept our sincere empathy for the inconveniences experienced especially with the parking during your stay with us, rest assured that we view your comments with concern and our Management will continue to look into the matter for further enhancement of our facilities, as our guests' convenience is our top priority.

We hope that this single experience will not mar your overall impression of our hotel, and wish to welcome you back again with us in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 December 2020 via mobile

Upon check in , i was assisted by a very helpfull staff cha les with her brief explanation with hotel facilities. A cherfull manager li was standing near the lift and guided me to the room way . Another girl soorya who wish us good night to me and my wife while i pass by the lobby. All the good care impress my stays here. Just two comments, the bell service guy too should have a good smile like the front desk staff instead of stearing at the guest who is entering without approching them for an assistant. Secondly, the room cleaniness is superb but , i notice that a bitten mark on my baby neck after shw overnight inside the baby cot.There must be some bug inside the baby cot. Im just a bit sad of that but overall i like my stays here. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Sunway Hotel Georgetown, Owner at Sunway Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2020

Greetings from Sunway Hotel Georgetown Penang!

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that our services are up to your expectations. Nevertheless, your comment on our staff and cleanliness of baby cot has been duly noted and forwarded to the Management for their attention. Rest assured there will be a re-briefing to the staff for further enhancement of guest experience.

We hope that this single experience will not mar your overall impression of our hotel and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 12 October 2020

This hotel is located right at the city centre, within walking distance to a shopping mall and fast food outlet. If you like non halal chinese food, there are an array of food stalls and restaurant at the same road with the hotel. There are also two convenience shops within walking distance

Room tip: upper floor face the sea
Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank manis c
Sunway Hotel Georgetown, Owner at Sunway Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2020

Dear Manis,

Greetings from Sunway Hotel Georgetown Penang!

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad that our services are up to your expectations. Our hotel is ideally located to many food and shopping options and is close to the UNESCO heritage zone in Penang. We wish you will be able to recommend us to your loved ones and look forward to welcoming you again soon.