“Excellent meal in a wonderful setting”
Review of Kebaya

Kebaya
Ranked #5 of 1,133 Restaurants in George Town
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kebaya is the diningroom of the Seven Terraces and is open to hotel guests and the public.Open daily, 7pm till 10pm.Christopher Ong has worked with the hotel’s chefs to create a menu of classic Indo and Straits Chinese Nyonya dishes. They have refined these using French cooking techniques and innovative produce to deliver surprising new twists on this already fascinating cuisine.The effect is simple, delicious full of flavour and dazzling.A four course degustation menu of entrée, main course, vegetables and dessert is served in Chinese style to allow guests to share the dishes. The Baba Bar is open daily from 2pm onwards, with live piano music in a very intimate setting.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had the set menu - starters, protein, greens and dessert. Really tasty and unusual dishes. 4 of us each ordered different dishes and shared which meant we got to try most of the options. A beautiful room and very good service. Highly recommended, though note that while the meal is not that expensive, wine doesn't come cheap at £35 per bottle for the cheapest. Despite that well worth it - make sure you book n advance as it is very popular.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,302)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I were not disappointed when we celebrated my 70th birthday in Kebaya. The food was faultlessly prepared and we all loved the starters. In fact, I would be happy just to stay on the starters! But the main dishes were also quite delicious, especially the curry prawns.
I wanted to introduce my granddaughters to the Peranakan dishes, and Kebaya did it for me. The setting is just ideal. We all felt this is the best way to celebrate my 70th birthday, no cooking in the hot kitchen for me. The Kebaya kitchen and very efficient and helpful staff is definitely the answer to a delicious dinner and stress free celebration. Thank you Kebaya.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant is a great experience offering great cocktails and a truly delicious menu of classic Indo and Straits Chinese Nyonya dishes in authentic surroundings with great service.

This is very innovative cooking using traditional Malaysian flavours, Vietnamese lightness, Thai spiciness, and traditional French cooking styles.

Reviewed 2 November 2018

Our first meal at Penang! I thought I had enough Peranakan food to not be surprised on what was served. However, Kebaya dishes out authentic and delicious Peranakan food that I almost decided to go for another round the next day. The price is a tad expensive as it is a course meal set and limited variety for each course.

Though I love the dishes, I regrettably chose too many dishes that have coconut milk in it which got a bit too much at the end.

My favourites have to be the Otak Otak Pastry Puff as the starter and the Gula Melaka Tang Yuan as the dessert.

Will come back again to try the other dishes.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

A few folk told us to go here for dinner, so we did!
The food was excellent, brilliant but subtle fusion of so many cultures.
The dining room is lovely, part of the seven terraces hotel.
I would simply say if you would like something a little different from street food then please go here and enjoy.