Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Booking.comUS$27
Trip.comUS$27
StayForLongUS$44
1,529 results
All reviews revolving restaurant rooftop bar red garden cheong fatt tze mansion walking distance deluxe room fort cornwallis egg station buffet breakfast big room family room pleasant stay little india noodles love lane georgetown penang
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2021

Location was central to all the best attractions in George Town. I had the options of either walking or driving - the former being a great choice considering the holiday peak! Also, there were initial issues with facilities (e.g. alarm clock, bulb, switch) but the maintenance staff were quick to rectify it with such professionalism and politeness. The hotel may have been from the 90s, but their upgrade works (some still in progress) are great in keeping up with modern times!

Room tip: Higher floors have better views (either of the town or towards the sea). 8th floor onwards would be good.
Date of stay: December 2020
Lynne Choong, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2021

Dear Azree,

My team and I appreciate the time taken to share your stay experience with us on multiple platforms.

Words cannot begin to express how grateful we are to receive your comprehensive review and high praises! We endeavor to welcome our valued guests with our highest level of hospitality and we are beyond delighted to know that you were able to experience the essence of Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang. My team and I are proud of the history of our hotel as it is one of Penang's historical landmarks and be assured that we are continuously looking into upgrading our facilities for the overall comfort of our valued guests.

Thank you for making us your choice of accommodation in Georgetown and we hope you had a wonderful time taking in the sights, sounds and tastes the island has to offer. We anticipate your return with open arms!

Reviewed 2 January 2021 via mobile

The worst hotel ever!! We stayed here on 28/12/20 and decided to check in around 3.30pm.After a super long que they said that our room was not ready yet and we had to wait.We waited for 2 hour and then coming back to the Malay guy receptionist around 5.20p.m. to be mocked because we can’t wait another 15 mins for them to find the room for us.That particular staff was very rude towards us and he did not even say sorry after we had to wait for 2 hours for the room.I will not recommend this hotel to my family even it is a 4-star hotel

Trip type: Travelled with family
Lynne Choong, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to pen down your review with us. We genuinely apologize for the experiences faced upon arriving at our hotel.

Your feedback caught my serious attention and please be assured that the head of Front Office has been highlighted of this matter and measures have been taken to ensure that no similar situation will recur in the future. Constant training will be provided to ensure that we serve guests with warm hospitality and excellent service.

My team and I appreciate your honest review. It is our most fervent hope to be given another opportunity to make amends with you in the future. Until then, take care.

Reviewed 31 December 2020

I had a trip to penang with my friend so we decided to stay at bayview penang out of so many hotels since it's a 4 star hotel and the reviews were good on Agoda.
Unfortunately, this is the worst experience that I never had. On 27/12, I called to the hotel at around 10am see whether I can get an early check in. However, one of your staff said it is not possible since the last night was full house which I understand it is a peak season. Hence, I reconfirm with the staff about the standard check in time which is 3pm. I reached hotel at around 4pm. It's so hard to find the entrance of the hotel parking and I tried to drive my car to the main entrance of the hotel to get some help but no one was there. I parked my car at the roadside and proceed the check in. The moment I walked in to the hotel lobby I can see the crowd and long queue for every counter. After half an hour of waiting, finally its my turn. I registered everything and one of your staff told me that the room is not ready yet, it needs another half an hour for the house keeping to get my room done. Thus, I stood aside and waited for half an hour since the sitting area is fully occupied. Half an hour later, I approached the receptionist and they said my room isn't done yet. I lost my patience of waiting. After I got upset, they decided to give me a room to check in.
After a lot of hassle, I can finally check in to the room and rest. And I realize there are more issues in the room. 3 out of 5 power sockets were not working. The air conditioning wasn't cold at all even at the lowest temperature, we were sweating when we are just sitting in the room. There were only one shower gel in the room. And there was a cockroach in the room. I feedback to the receptionist on that night itself. They told me they need to ask the technician to check the issue for me. But we were exhausted that night so we just leave it. The next day which is 28/12, my friend and I went out for breakfast and we decide to go back hotel for a rest. Finally we found the entrance of the car park. The car park was a mess. We went up to 7th floor still cant find any parking and all the cars just double parked. We have no choice so we parked our car on the roadside and pay for the parking.
It would have been a nice trip, if only if all these issue didn't happen. I can't believe that I'm actually stayed in a 4star hotel which it felt like the worst hotel ever. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone and I will ask my family and friends not to avoid this hotel at any cost when they're visiting penang in the near future.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Lynne Choong, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2021

Dear Valued Guest,

It is with true regret to know that our services fell short of expectations during your visit.

Your feedback pertaining to the power sockets, air conditioning and guestroom cleanliness have been highlighted to the Maintenance and Housekeeping department whom are looking into the matters seriously.

My team and I will continue to review our service standards to ensure that our guests are accommodated with the warmest hospitality.

It is our fervent hope to regain your faith in us and to be given the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 December 2020 via mobile

The Bayview hotel is a true 4 star hotel located right in the city centre. It's quiet and peaceful, yet a stone's throw away from Penang's heritage buildings and all the good food.

The rooms are well appointed, with all the amenities you need for a short stay on the island. Built in 1977, this hotel was THE most established hotel for business and leisure travelers, and till today, it is still a popular choice, judging from the many tourists checking in.

The Deluxe room is huge and the bathroom is very spacious, with partitioned shower, toilet and bathtub for that luxurious stay away from home. Beds were firm and provided good support but the pillows were too soft, typical of most luxury hotels. No issue as I have my own contoured pillow.

The lifts/elevators are high speed and there was practically no waiting time. Check in was smooth and the reception's service was friendly and one of the best in all my travels. Parking is free for hotel guests and sufficient with multi storey lots.

There are other newer hotels in town with a more contemporary ambience but they cost double or triple the rates. In summary, the Bayview hotel is the best value 4 star property with the best location for your trip to Penang.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Lynne Choong, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2021

Dear Valued Guest,

Words cannot begin to express how genuinely grateful we are to receive your warm, comprehensive and encouraging review of your stay experience with us.

We endeavor to welcome our valued guests with our highest level of hospitality and we are so thrilled to know that you experienced the essence of Bayview Hotel Georgetown Penang whilst on your stay.

Should you wish to have firmer pillows during your next visit, our Housekeeping team will be delighted to provide them to you upon request.

We genuinely appreciate your patronage and support. We await your return with arms wide open! Take care and all the best.

Reviewed 25 December 2020

Good location just a walking distance hunting for food and sight seeing. The room is spacious room, comfortable and clean.. Staff are friendly and helpful. Easy vehicle parking. Room rate quite reasonable.

Room tip: City view and part view of Penang Bridge from my room at Level 10

Dear Valued Guest,

Reading your encouraging review makes us smile from ear to ear. We hope you had a great time taking in the sights, sounds and tastes of Georgetown. My team and I appreciate your positive comments in regards to our clean and accommodating guestrooms, reasonable rates and, especially on the warm hospitality extended by my team.

May your travels bring you back to us in the future!