Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Name of the hotel is good to hear. But room with no air-cond, air cond's cover put on the floor, ceiling are not done, and rubbish at the bottom of the hanging clothes.Change. After that, change at room. 2 nights leaving at this hotel. Open the door, security come to open, and says it is double lock. And the day we go back it is not repaired. Because we was told that the door knob will changed. And at last no change at all. The hanging clothes wyre also can't be use inside the bathroom. Not working at all.

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank lait875
Reviewed 5 June 2012

FIRSTLY, I don't think the name of "GRAND" Continental suit with the services which provided by this hotel.

I was Follow a tour trip to penang, was check-in the hotel on 2-June-2012 (Sat). When I was waiting to get room key, heard by the tour leader that still have room not available which is at around 4pm. We had made the reservation in advance, but I can't understand that NO ROOMS was being prepared while customer want to check-in and it's already at 4pm.

When all of us got the room key and think to have short rest in the room, who knows the room they given wasn't clean it up!! The rooms, is being confirmed by the receptionists. BUT, while we are opening the room door, mattress and bed haven't clean up,toilet paper thrown around the room floor, some of the room, they found out still have guest inside who wasn't check out yet! Luggage inside the room!!! WHAT A MESS!! All the room given wasn't prepare yet and the staff even do not know whether those rooms are clean up or check out~again, what a poor services.

Calling feel times to receptionists to settle but didn't get into served by them.
I think the hotel management should send the staff to RE-TRAINING. To enhance how to be professionalism in hotel service line.

Eventually made all the guest really disappointed with this HOTEL and even not dare to try the rest of branches surrounding Malaysia.

It can be the worst hotel that I never ever seen before!! it even worst than those budget hotel.

I suggest those who would like to come Penang, PLEASE DO NOT CHOOSE THIS HOTEL. And believe me, I am sure that budget inn will be better than GRAND CONTINENTAL HOTEL PENANG.

Room tip: Do not choose any room unless all hotel/inn in penang are being fully booked.
Date of stay: June 2012
3  Thank kscj0212
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I went to Penang for medication, and i stay overnight in this hotel. I found this hotel from a web and the pictures of this hotel looks nice. But, in reality, it is not the way it looks in the picture. The room is very stinky and dirty. When I said I need to keep my medicine in their freezer, they said that they don't have it. Not even in the hotel's kitchen. Can you believe this?! I am very dissapointed!! I will never ever come back to this hotel. I strictly don't reccomend this hotel to anyone!! >:O

Date of stay: May 2012
3  Thank PostingTheTruth
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This must rank as one of the worst hotels ever. Booked 6 nights stayed 2. The rooms stink.The carpet is so dirty in the room you cant walk barefoot or your feet will turn black from the dirt. The doona was old and stained.The mattress is so hard its like sleeping on a hard floor.The breakfast is cold and the toaster hardly works.This place is crying out to be refurbished.Staff have a dont care attitude. Dont stay here you have been warned.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank savetax
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Perfect hotel for backpackers!
The location is perfect at the corner of roads of culinary and bars.
Slippery senorita is just next door.
Bars and simple restaurants with fair price are available around the corner.
The hotel is old, but clean.
Service is fast and efficient.
Do not expect standard of 3 stars hotel. But overall it is a good hotel for travellers who would like to visit Penang to see the town, not to stay in the hotel all day.

I will come back again.

Room tip: Book room facing the road
Date of stay: December 2011