- Location, location is convenient. Hotel is between 2 big malls with of restaurants, foods court, supermarket, night market (foods) and more restaurants to the right within 10min walking distance.
- Good room size, clean, nice decor, friendly staffs and good services!
Why it is only a 3 star?
- Wi-fi is very important for all travelers from business and vacationers alike. The Wi-fi in this hotel is terrible as i have to moved twice. We moved from another hotel due to the room size and location but Wi-fi at taht hotel was so much better. If you happen to be in upper floors, good luck! At least, hotel staff did try to accommodate and find a room that i can use Wi-fi since i am there for business.
- Room was well clean daily but you can tell it is old with cracks, stains and mildews. One of the rooms i stayed, the lock was broken and difficult to open. If someone want to break-in, it would be very easy. Hotel maintenance could not fix because part is not available due to the long weekend break. That was another reason to move. They should not even allow anyone to stay in that room to begin with.
- Lobby was nice but due to the design since you can go thru that to the mall. Many locals using that as a rest break, short cut or just a hangout if you want. As a result, actual guests do not have a seat when need one. The lounge/bar is also part of the long lobby hall way. I find it difficult to enjoy the bar since many people use that lounge to sit and not ordering anything. As a result, we ended up going to another place outside the hotel.
- Restroom on the 2nd floor where the restaurant does not have water for the entire weekend. Many people use it which is grossed!! They did not bother to fix it until Mon comes around since it is a weekend. Such a lame excuse. Imagine how many people gone thru that place and unable to wash their hands for that 4 days weekend and going to the restaurant... Once we found out the problem, we also did not eat there. How can a hotel cannot get the faucet or plumbing problem fix 24/7??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- G Hotel is your urban thirst quenching oasis, prime for both discerning business and leisure travellers. Grand as it can be, the entrance lobby itself speaks volumes of the exclusivity of what lies within. Furnished with contemporary designs like the iconic Spoon Chair by Kartell, Felt Chair by Capellini and Shell Chair by Hansen, douse your senses with visual elegance and ergonomic comfort aimed at turning even the simplest act of waiting into a unique one. Rich in modern contemporary architecture and opulent interior designs, the 312-room hotel evokes a sense of grandeur, one which is left for you to experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotelopia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your G Hotel Gurney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- g Hotel Georgetown
- g Hotel Penang
- G Hotel Gurney Penang/George Town