G Hotel Gurney
US$192
US$154
Hotels.com
Hotel Jen Penang by Shangri-La(George Town)
US$132
US$72
G Hotel Kelawai(George Town)
US$121
US$98
US$69
US$58
Yeng Keng Hotel(George Town)
US$107
US$88
Travelocity
Museum Hotel(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$48
Seven Terraces(George Town)
US$161
US$135
US$73
US$70
Travelocity
Armenian Street Heritage Hotel(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$30
Agoda.com
Straits Quay Suites(George Town)
US$62
1,754 results
All reviewsexecutive floorwelcome ice creamshopping mallsea viewkit kathotel penangfree mini barfood centrebig shoppingmodern designbatu ferringhilocal foodupon checkhotel lobbychecking inextra bednight market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

I am returning to the G Hotel after my stay here last year. I admit that my previous review was not good and criticizing the management for the construction work.

This time it was completely different experience, from checkin throughout the entire week (I have not checked out yet but couldn't wait to write the review)

I want to call out the attention to details up to perfection... not even a small issue to report

Well done G Hotel, looking forward to be back

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
PenangGHotel, General Manager at G Hotel Gurney, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at G Hotel Gurney and for your positive comments.

Guest feedback is extremely important to us to see where we can make any required improvements and we are glad to note that you have noticed an improvement in our services rendered for this stay.

Once again, thank you for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

-Attended Friend's wedding in Jan. Non- English Speaking Staff. Inexperienced staff and didnt understand instructions. Didnt think much of the food though. The room I have stayed before in 2010 previously was modern but not sure if they have been renovated since.

Stayed: January 2017
2  Thank KarinaMonteiro77
PenangGHotel, Owner at G Hotel Gurney, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Dear Guest,

I note of your re-post however would like to understand further why you deleted your last post which I had already replied to. If you have any further comments or concerns I would be more than happy to discuss this with you so would appreciate if you could send your contact details to g4u@ghotel.com.my so I may call you personally.

As stated in the last reply and also to Mr Chin, the hotel does have non Malaysian employees during events to support the hotels banquet team and they are sourced through manpower agencies in Malaysia and we have strict regulations to ensure of proficient English language abilities. I do apologize if any of your guest found this not to be the case and I will be reviewing this directly with our agent.

Once again, thank you for your comments and look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 10 February 2017

We stayed at G Hotel Gurney for 3 nights. To be fair the hotel is very well located. It is in the center of Gurney Drive with Malls on both sides. But for me this is only a small part of what makes a hotel good. The main criteria is its people. As a person traveling days to reach a location and out of my comfort zone, I expect staff to be friendly and helpful. From the first moment at the reception, we felt that we were an inconvenience , to a very busy staff. To be fair it was Chinese New Year weekend and the hotel seemed fully booked. But a smile and a nice word go very far. We experienced the same with the staff at breakfast and the lady responsible for transportation. The rooms (our room) and buffet and pool area are average and do not compensate for that short coming. So I would not go back there and would not recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sirin H

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, please accept our sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory experience.

The circumstances which you describe are certainly not acceptable for our usual level of service and we will be reviewing to ensure staff training is conducted to avoid similar experiences in the future.

Once again we do apologize and hope that you will give us a chance to make amends and welcome you back in future to show you our commitment to service excellence.

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

Friendly guest service, Fast check on and check out, room very clean. Walking distance to gurney plaza, gurney paragon and Gurney hawker stall. Overall my rating is 5 stars. I will stay again when I'm visit penang.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at G Hotel Gurney recently and for posting your positive review.

It is gratifying to read that you enjoyed the services and facilities of the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 February 2017 via mobile

Book two executive rooms for me and family. Arrive at 2.00pm, and waited almost 30-40 minutes for check in as rooms are not ready. (The staffs said because I requested the rooms next to each other) Had book in advance for extra bed but when we check in to the room, the bed is not there yet and we had to keep reminding the reception. (Luggage is late too) I felt the whole checking in process and the wait is really frustrating especially for a 5 star hotel. Imagine the wait when you have 4 year old kid and parents waiting with you. I expected smooth and fast check in as this is executive room!

I had a friend checking in to executive rooms with welcome fruit basket but we did not have any fruit in our rooms.

I had expected the hotel staff to work more professionally for the price we paid. Unfortunately I can always hear the hotel staff complaining and talking loudly at the executive reception counter. I had previously stay g kelawei executive room before and I felt more comfortable and had more privacy over there.

Despite the lack of professionalism of the staffs, the rooms at G hotel is very comfortable. Pool is good, breakfast at taste cafe is also very good. However , I will not come back to this hotel again as I felt it is not value for money.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Belle_2233

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at G Hotel Gurney. I was disappointed to hear about the issues you encountered during your time with us and we do apologize for your experience.

I trust you will accept that the difficulties are certainly not reflective of our normal standards and please be assured that the issues raised have been investigated and appropriate action has been taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention and I do sincerely apologize. We are grateful for your support and do hope that we may have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future to show our commitment to service excellence.