Lowest prices for your stay
US$125
Hotels.comUS$125
PricelineUS$125
TravelocityUS$125
1,999 results
All reviews executive floor shopping mall sea view kit kat complimentary ice cream free mini bar local food hotel lobby spacious room f b food court street food gurney gym xl minibar penang
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 July 2019

Hotel location is excellent with a nice view over the water. Rooms are very large in size and clean, large bath nice walk in shower. Room safe and free mini-bar. View across the water is over a large land reclamation project currently underway stretching for several miles. I am sure it will be nice when completed. Hotel adjoins an 8 story mall and you have a night hawker market one block away.

Lobby of the hotel is also very large with attendants at entry doors, room key required to activate elevator. I would say security excellent.

I arranged for a driver from airport, he was there and waiting on arrival nice clean car. Only negative with the stay is that hotel charges a surcharge on taxi rides to airport at certain times of the day?

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
PenangGHotel, General Manager at G Hotel Gurney, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at G Hotel Gurney and posting your experience on TripAdvisor.

We were delighted to read that you enjoy the hotel. Please be informed that there is a 50% surcharge for airport transfer during the hours of 12 midnight to 7am.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and we do hope you will choose to stay with us again in near future.

MIchael Hanratty

Reviewed 3 July 2019 via mobile

My second stay this year at G Gurney. Excellent services as always.

I took the L-suite as I needed more space for my kids to run around. This is my second stay in L-suite too, which is a lovely and cosy room to our expectations. However I also faced same problem of sound from connecting room which I hope the hotel can resolve. The conversations can be quite clear at times so privacy is compromised. Otherwise L-suite is perfect for my family.

Accessed both club lounges at both Gurney and Kelawai, which are excellence. Their services are top-notch.

This time we also tried the buffet at Taste Cafe on a weekday's evening, which wasn't really good to me. They only barbecue sausage, chicken, fish and sweet corn. I was expecting beef or prawn or lamb for the price. The cooked dishes are not tempting for me to go second round. There's one Malay section that is culturally interesting to me - where I get to mix different spices from salty to spicy with raw vegetables or dried fishes. Service was excellent though.

Overall had a great stay and will come back.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at G Hotel Gurney and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We were pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay. I was however sorry to learn that you had encountered challenges with the sound proofing in the L Suite. Please rest assured that we had updated your profile in the system to see what we can do to prevent the same incident from reoccurring in the future. Another option is you may wish to book our Executive Suite which do not have connecting doors. Your comments on the food quality have been noted and we will review to see where improvements can be made.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 July 2019 via mobile

G Hotel Gurney located at the heart of Penang with great food and shopping centres surrounding her. Room super clean with their quality toiletries supplies. The only setback is you have to request for comb and shaver as they don't provided as 1 of the required necessities. Overall still like it.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
PenangGHotel, General Manager at G Hotel Gurney, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at G Hotel Gurney and posting your wonderful experience on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 2 July 2019 via mobile

I stay with my family....with 2 children (4 and 10 yo)...we book the junior suite room type...spacious room...separate living room with big sofa...separated shower and bathtub.
Uncomfortable...AC blower at the bedroom blow the cool air to our head and body directly.
The pillow smells bad.
Location is very good....between two mall (Gurney Plaza and Gurney Paragon) and walking distance to Gurney Drive Hawker (street food).
Breakfast taste is good enough...staffs are very friendly and helpfull.
Good ambience.
Overall is good, we will stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to write of your experience during your recent stay at G Hotel Gurney.

It was good to read that overall you enjoyed your stay however I do apologize for the smell on the pillow. Our Housekeeping Manager will look into how and where improvements can be made to ensure this does not occur in the future.

Once again, thank you for bringing your experience to our attention and I do hope to welcome you back to show you our commitment to service excellence.

Reviewed 1 July 2019

Great location, next to huge shopping mall and 3 min walk to Gurney Drive Hawker. Sizable room with modern design, clean and nice minibar. Staff was very friendly to help with arranging rooms for us as we have 2adults 1 kid. Would definitely be back again!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank izeola
PenangGHotel, General Manager at G Hotel Gurney, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2019