“Delicious curry in Georgetown ”

Bite N Eat Dindigul Biriyani
Ranked #25 of 1,163 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 13 December 2014 via mobile

As Brits who love their curry it was nice to see a menu with a bit of a twist from the standard menu back home. We came one evening for dinner, the chicken biryani was delicious (different to a UK biryani and oh so much tastier). The biryani comes with a selection of chutneys. The aloo gobi masala was wonderfully thick and creamy and with a nice kick. The chicken kadai murg masala also delish with a same lovely thick sauce. The paratha's were also fab. Couldn't really fault a thing. It was so good we went back for a second go a couple of days later. It did not disappoint.

Reviewed 9 December 2014

Great service in a place with a simple and modern setting. The food was slightly different to the usual Indian food you'd find, especially their biriyani. I'd highly recommend their chilli parotta and mutton jolly gosht among other great dishes. Their mint julipe drink was also a refreshing and zesty choice, definitely worth a try! A place I'd frequent again.

Date of visit: November 2014
2  Thank v_sofia91
Reviewed 6 December 2014 via mobile

Bite N Eat was the first time we were introduced to authentic Indian cuisine. Our experience went outside of our usual butter chicken, and became an education in Indian spices and cuisine. From onion pakkoda to carrot halwa, and their specialty drinks (mint julipe & ginger delight) our palates were on a tour of northern India to the south and eveverywhere inbetween. At the end of it all we were served spiced coffee and delicious Indian deserts. We highly recommend it especially if you are looking for a chance to experience authentic Indian cuisine and explore the country's many flavours. Check Bite N Eat out! It's simply delicious and a must try!

1  Thank OneModernCouple
Reviewed 27 November 2014 via mobile

Amazing spot with great food. The staff are warm and helpful and even have iPads to show you the dishes! Great atmosphere like a modern restaurant where you can feel comfortable sitting for a long period of time. I came every night I was here in Penang after I stumbled upon it. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 27 November 2014

This is a good restaurant with a menu slightly different to the usual mamaks that you get in Penang and other parts of Malaysia. The chefs and the waiters are from India so the menu consists of authentic Indian food rather than being a fusion of Malay-Indian food like most other Indian restaurants. The food and drinks are all reasonably priced and the dishes that I ate were superb. The food can be quite spicy so ask the waiters to tone it down if you can't handle your spice. At the end of the meal I was licking my spoon and just eating the sauce, it was just that good! The drinks were very different too and I would highly recommend the mint drink!

Date of visit: October 2014