Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Orbitz.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 September 2020

There are so many good things to say about this amazing find in Georgetown's heritage zone! First, the location itself to tourist attractions is an absolute reason why you should stay here. Almost all major attractions can be reached on foot, and there are bicycle rentals nearby, should you wish to leisurely bike around.

Then there's the tastefully decorated interior, with Moorish accents. The living spaces are just an absolute delight to sit around with a good book while soaking up the atmosphere. You'll have to take off your shoes and put in the cubby while at the hotel. This makes the place so much more cleaner, and a good practice due to the recent virus.

Rooms are named after spices, and I stayed in "Clove" when I was here. The high ceilings make the room seem spacious and airy, while the lattice windows add so much character to the room. It really reminded me of the old, pre-war shophouses I have in my hometown in Kuantan.

Amenities are adequate, shower was great after a long day of walking. The bed is very comfy, with two different pillows provided to cater to your preference. Service is attentive yet unobtrusive; our room was made and water replenished while we were out exploring.

As I am writing this, I've booked my future stay with Spices Hotel, and I look forward again to this beautiful, hidden gem in Georgetown.

Room tip: There is a mosque nearby which may interrupt light sleepers in the early morning. Choose a room that's facing away from the main street.
Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank ThomFu
Reviewed 11 July 2020

We stayed here in Nov 2018 during for four nights in a Deluxe room which was upstairs. The room was large and had HUGE ceilings which made the room seem bigger and airer. The bathroom was a little small and the doors to the bedroom were a sliding door which wasnt ideal since it got stuck a couple of times.

The front desk and staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. They were more than willing to help with advice on where to go and eat etc.

The boutique hotel itself is absolutely beautiful with a small courtyard and was quite charming. The room was also beautifully decorated.

The only negative was that our air-conditioner wasnt working well when we arrived in the morning and when we came back in the afternoon it still hadnt been fixed but as soon as we raised it that afternoon the team came quickly and fixed it.

Location of the hotel is EXCELLENT! perfect walking distance to all the must see areas in GT and centrally located. Quite close to the mall and to the shops in heritage area.

Date of stay: August 2019
Spices Collection, Marketing at Spices Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2020

Dear guest, Thank you for the review and we shall improve further for the comfortable stay of our guests. Hope to see you again in future. Thank you.

Reviewed 7 November 2019

I enjoyed my stay at this lovely hotel. The lobby is beautiful. There is a tree that's embedded into the wall on the staircase outside. It's lovely how it was incorporated into the architecture. Each room was named after a spice. I was in the Cumin room. The architecture was lovely. It is located on the second floor, beams were along the ceiling. There was also a loft above the bathroom with a ladder leading to it. My room was spacious and furnished lovely. I'd gone to huge hotels before arriving at Spices. I was asked to provide a cash deposit that was returned when I left in case of any incidentals. You also have to take off your shoe upon arriving, there is a little cubby where you can leave your shoes. I found neither requests a big deal. Cash is easier for a small business and no shoes left the place cleaner. It's just something you should be aware of. The hotel is within the UNESCO world heritage site. Anywhere within you can hear the call to worship from the mosque. I heard it in another part of town. Again, it wasn't loud or anything that should keep you away from hotel but something to be aware of. The hotel is on a side street, just around the corner is a park. It's a lovely setting in the heart of the city.

Date of stay: October 2019
SpicesHotel, Front Office Manager at Spices Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2020

Dear guest,
Thank you for the review. We hope to see you again in future.

Reviewed 12 August 2019 via mobile

Charming boutique hotel, well located, nicely decorated.
We had a big room able to fit four and still giving some privacy to all.
Negative points : quite noisy as close to a mosque and without any soundproofing.
No possibility to have breakfast at the hotel.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
SpicesHotel, Front Office Manager at Spices Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2019

Dear guest, thank you for taking your time to write us a review. We noted on the prayers from the mosque nearby and understand the individual acceptance level on the prayers. Thank you.

Reviewed 25 July 2019

Although I was only staying for 3 nights, Eng ensured I had an enjoyable stay and even upgraded me to a quieter room when there was live music playing that weekend. The bedroom was charming and it even has an outdoor area with the nearby mosque in view. The hotel is only a street from Armenian Park and a short walk to the many attractions in the heritage area of Georgetown. I would highly recommend staying here if you wish to enjoy the sights and culture the city has to offer.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank JasonK2749

Dear guest, thank you and we hope to see you again in future.