G Hotel Kelawai
G Hotel Gurney(George Town)
US$145
US$87
US$21
US$46
US$44
Chulia Mansion(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$39
US$61
US$49
Priceline
Armenian Street Heritage Hotel(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$30
Trip.com
Seven Terraces(George Town)
US$176
US$159
US$144
US$125
All reviewsexecutive roombuggy servicegurney plazagravity barbetween shoppingresident managerrooftop poolsister hotelstylish hotelkit katwelcome ice creamfree mini barpillow menubig shoppingturn down servicetop floorupon check
Reviewed 15 January 2017

I love the location that it is just right beside the malls. I travelled with my elders and this location is great because the hotel offers buggy service to the next door mall and from there, you'll also get access to local food area. The services from the G Hotel staffs have always been pleasant. After having stayed on both their hotels, i'd choose the Kelawai because it has a better room and feels newer too.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
PenangGHotel, General Manager at G Hotel Kelawai, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

G Hotel Kelawai offers a new and different option from the G Hotel Gurney and gives our guest a broad choice of facilities. Apart from this, guest at either property have full usage and cross signage benefits at both hotels.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed here during my trip to Penang . The bell boy and security staff is friendly and nice but the front desk manager is a little arrogant . Read on trip advisor that there are rooms with sea view . Decided to ask them if they can arranged for me a room with sea view . Quoted from the male manager " we don't have rooms with sea view . The only view is between 2 building to see the sea ."
Was a little shocked by he airs but did not want to make my stay bad from the time i came in . Finally after checking in i ask if there is a smoking room he told me again that the whole hotel there is no smoking room . But when he said this he had a little frustration on his face .
This is a nice hotel with some mixed feelings . Maybe i will stay at g hotel gurney as their staff there are more friendly . Only come here if u want to have your car parked in a secure location .

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank tommyfang

Dear Guest,

I was really sorry to read the less than satisfactory arrival experience you encountered and this is totally not acceptable for our usual high standard of services

Please rest assured that your feedback has been raised to our Resident Manager and corrective measure will be taken to prevent any other guest being similarly inconvenience in the future. Our apologies on the inconvenience caused. For a point of future reference, G Hotel Gurney is located on the seafront and therefore certain rooms in the hotel do offer a full Sea-view. Apart from this both G Hotel Gurney and G Hotel Kelawai are non-smoking hotels however both hotels do offer smoking areas.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and we hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 January 2017

I recently had a 3 day stay at the G Hotel Kelawai for work. It seems to be a brand new hotel that is spotless inside with very modern rooms. The hotel found out that my spouse was going to be accompanying me and upgraded our room to include fresh rose pedals scattered about the entire room. The staff was very attentive and desired to make our stay in Penang as memorable as possible. A special thanks to Front Office Manager Jordon Lim for arranging the extra niceties. Exceeding the guests desires seems to be his top priority.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor, I am always pleased to hear that our guests were impressed with the services as well as the quality of the hotel facilities.

I was delighted to read that your stay was fantastic especially the excellent services rendered by Jordon and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

Associates I encountered especially in-room dining and bell/door were all very polite, efficient and non-intrusive.

Room 1938 was very comfortable and well-designed. I was let down a bit by the inconsistent cleaning - on the 3rd day sheets were not changed despite placing the card on the bed, floor not cleaned and some amenities not replenished. There were also minor maintenance issues - sink not draining well, hair dryer not working properly and a pillowcase had several big holes at one end.

I wish they would relook into the in-room dining menu too - lack variety and average food (don't get the nasi lemak, thought I was eating a plate of sour cream).

In all it is still a great value hotel I would not mind booking again.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

It was good to know that overall you enjoyed your stay however I was sorry to read that you had encountered some shortcomings in terms of room cleanliness and maintenance issues. You have my assurance that your comments have been raised to our relevant departments and corrective measure will be taken to prevent the same incident from reoccurring in the future. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future to show our commitment to service excellence.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

A great hotel with great staff who are always ready to help. Since the moment I have arrived in this hotel, they offered me and my family some ice cream as a welcoming thing and since i have booked the executive room, they took me to the exclusive lounge to check in which happens to be the same place where executive guests breakfast is served in the top floor.

The rooms were really nice, smell good and very clean and will make you feel so good and relaxed as soon as you step in.

Having the breakfast in the top floor is a really nice experience as it is quite and you get on table service in addition to the buffet available and makes you feel special.

The location of the hotel is also really good as it is between 2 inserting shopping malls that had nice outdoor food restaurants area.

The only thing that I was a little bit disappointed with is that it had a tiny lobby and I usually enjoy setting in the lobby but in this case it was very small and barely enough for the guests who just arrived to check in.

But that is not deal breaker, still I really enjoyed staying in this hotel and would recommend it to any one who is visiting Penang Island.

Room Tip: I recommend the executive rooms
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.