G Hotel Kelawai
US$128
US$80
US$145
US$125
G Hotel Gurney(George Town)
US$145
US$53
Priceline
US$72
US$44
Chulia Mansion(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$38
Agoda.com
Armenian Street Heritage Hotel(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$33
US$30
Agoda.com
All reviewsexecutive roombuggy servicegurney plazagravity barbetween shoppingresident managerrooftop poolsister hotelstylish hotelkit katwelcome ice creamfree mini barpillow menubig shoppingturn down servicetop floorupon check
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel on two occasions and the hotel was impeccable! The rooms are spacious and I absolutely love the shower head in the bathroom. The views at the sky bar was breathtaking, with the perfect addition to take a deep on those hot days!

All in all, I did enjoy my stay, however given what happened to me during my last visit, I shall not be returning in the future. Reason being that the reception staff were absolutely unprofessional & rude during my check-out, specifically the manager on call. Given the rating of this hotel, I expected more but going forward, I shall only stay at the main G hotel which consequently has a better view of the sea view and has more experienced staff to cater to paying guests.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank Hamza B
PenangGHotel, General Manager at G Hotel Kelawai, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience on TripAdvisor.

I was really sorry to read the less than satisfactory departure experience. To fully understand the details of what happened, I would appreciate if you could send an email to peipei.soo@ghotel.com.my and so we may better understand and to resolve this directly with you.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your feedback and I do hope to hear back from you.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay in Penang at the G Hotel. Fantastic place to stay, and very comfortable with beautiful rooms and super comfortable beds. Only problem we experienced is the fact we had no wifi for 3 days and the hotel didn't seem to be in any hurry to fix it. We could also hear comments from many other guests also expressing their dissatisfaction. If you use wifi when travelling just ensure this is working before booking.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LesleyWoo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us recently and sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I was sorry to read that you had encountered some challenges with the internet connection during your stay. The hotel has an onsite Internet Technical service department to ensure of smooth connectivity so I was surprised to learn of your experience of no internet. I have checked our records and noted there was no other reported outages as you had mentioned however I do apologize for your experience.

Overall I am pleased your stay was enjoyable and we do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

It's right behind G Hotel Gurney, about 250m walk from the original G. But it's a world of difference! The peace and quietness you enjoy here feel so much more relaxing. The layout of the lobby area is not that great. It seems like it was partitioned 50% from the ground floor area. Why they wouldn't use the full area puzzled me.
The driveway leading to the front door of the hotel has very short shelter. It will be very inconvenient for guests on rainy days.
The 24 hours Gym was great. Small and elegant with great views! Gravity rooftop bar was really cool with a infinity pool next to it. Wonderful place to hangout for happy hours and watch the sky changes color as the sun sets.
Room was spacious and well maintained.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
PenangGHotel, General Manager at G Hotel Kelawai, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and we are happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay in G Hotel Kelawai.

G Hotel Kelawai does give our guest a unique alternative to G Hotel Gurney. All in house guest are entitled to use all the facilities at each of our properties – which are located only a 5 minutes’ walk from each other or a 2 minute buggy ride.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Hotel is still quite new so all amenities are in great condition. A wonderful modern room with a comfortable bed. Front desk both at lobby and executive lobby is very friendly and accomodating. Shopping malls around the area.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at G Hotel Kelawai and for posting your positive feedback.

It is our great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 March 2017

Location of the hotel is near by the malls and also food stall ( hawkers of Penang food start at 6 p.m )
The swimming pool is on the 24th of the hotel which there is also the Gravity Roof Top Bar , must go to this floor , you can see a very beautiful view of Penang from here
If need go to the Adventist hospital , just take the taxi only RM 12 , very near

When we checked in already around 7 p.m. since the 2 hours delay of our flight , even I already made a request for the two single beds but already full
We wait for the room while we had the dinner at the mall
Finally when we go back , they can give us the 2 single beds room but located at the end of the aisle of the floor . May be it seldom use , the bed sheet was rather smell out . We don't ask them to change the sheet since only sleep for several hours , go back to the hotel very late and wake up early
No other things to complain for this hotel

Room Tip: Don't take the room at the end of the aisle of the floor
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at G Hotel Kelawai.

I was sorry to read that your request for a Twin Bedded room was not pre-arranged for your arrival. I have discussed this with our Front Office Manager to avoid similar inconveniences in the future. I do apologize for this.

We do hope to welcome you back to show you our commitment to service excellence.