G Hotel Kelawai
US$21
US$65
US$49
Priceline
Chulia Mansion(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$37
US$72
US$42
Armenian Street Heritage Hotel(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$29
Trip.com
G Hotel Gurney(George Town)
US$145
US$113
US$145
US$121
All reviewsexecutive roombuggy servicegurney plazagravity barbetween shoppingresident managerrooftop poolsister hotelstylish hotelkit katwelcome ice creamfree mini barpillow menubig shoppingturn down servicetop floorupon check
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Travelled in Feb 2017, stayed 2 nights in Deluxe room w/o breakfast

- Located between 2 shopping centers in Gurney
- Room (and toilet/shower area) is clean and spacious
- Hotel is quite new
- Little variety of TV channels
- Free mini-bar but lack of variety
- Nice touch for reception to serve ice-cream during check-in as weather is quite hot
- Taxi fare to/fro airport is around RM50
- Taxi fare to/fro George Town is around RM25
- Rooftop swimming pool is quite small

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
PenangGHotel, General Manager at G Hotel Kelawai, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you staying at G Hotel Kelawai and posting your positive review on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay. In regards to the TVs, we do offer 45 channels in a variety of genres and languages to try as much as possible to cover all our guest preferences however I am sorry you did not find something suitable for yourself.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

Nice new hotel with a couple of niggles still. I usually stay at the G Hotel Gurney but it was full so tried this one. Location is excellent, the hotel is pretty new so rooms and decor is very nice. Breakfast was excellent and i also used the gym and pool, both of which were very impressive. Room was large and comfortable with a nice shower and lots of space. The wifi was very poor and really slow throughout my stay and there was also a humming noise in my room which the hotel were unable to rectify and which disturbed my sleep. Overall a good hotel but i would probably still go for Gurney drive if available as its the same but a bit better.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience on TripAdvisor.

Realizing the importance of Wi-Fi and ensuring of a seamless signal strength, we are in the process of upgrading our internet system which will significantly increase the internet bandwidth. We will continue to monitor closely and see what other enhancements can be made based on continued guest feedback

We do hope to welcome you back to show you our commitment to service excellence.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

This is me and my husband first time in Penang. After reading a lot of hotel's review i picked this one and im not disappointed. We went to Penang because my husband had a nose operation at penang adventist hospital. First 2 night we stayed at hotel right in front of the hotel out of convenience. After my husband finish with the operation we moved to G Kelawai for recovery. We have the club room, so our check in is upstair and very smooth. We went to the cocktail hour at night and the manager ask about my husband operation cause my husband still wearing bandages and stuff. Well when we get back to the hotel we got a fruit basket from the hotel with the get well soon card. So thoughtful.
Room: cool room with awesome bathroom. They have very nice and deep bathtub. AC is cold, a lot of pillow option. The tv is big but need more movies channels. Overall comfy.
Breakfast: great spread of breakfast. Eggs station, waffles, pastries, and others. Even have a chocolate fondue machine with marshmallow. The service here is very awesome also cause 1st day of breakfast i ordered 4 plain scrambled eggs and 4 boiled eggs and for the following morning they always remember our order. They even take off the shell from the boiled eggs... love love love.
Room service: order room service twice. Both are fast and the food are good and plentiful for hotel's food.
Pool: cool looking pool on the top of hotel oversee Penang. So pretty. Get a lot of sun also.
Lounge: services again are very awesome during the cocktail hour. Always make sure everything is fully stock. The food and drink spread is pretty complete.
Service: Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!!!!
Location: right between 2 malls so very convenient to get food and shopping.
Overall very great stay and definitely coming back!!!
Thank you for such a wonderful service

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us as your preferred accommodation in Penang and sharing your wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

We are always pleased to hear that our guests were impressed with the services as well as the quality of the hotel facilities and we are lucky to have such wonderful associates who work very hard to provide great guest experiences at all times.

We do hope to welcome you and your husband back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

In my humble opinion the staff at a hotel make the key difference when you are trying to differentiate between luxury hotels like the G and the rest. We were looked after at breakfast so well by Mr. Lahkesh up on 24 at the Executive Lounge. He was very attentive and informative about Penang. This is a very professional, enthusiastic and competent individual and the hotel should be happy to have him on the team. The rest of the staff on 24 should also be highly commended. Cocktail hour can get busy up there and the team effortlessly made us feel so well taken care of. Also, Ms. Jasmine at the front desk was most helpful and professional steering us so well to the nearby hawkers for a fun meal and explaining how to get around Penang. Other than that the G is a classy operation with a beautiful rooftop pool, excellent rooms with gorgeous bathrooms (and a view no less!) and a sophisticated understated look to the decor.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travelerski

Dear Guest,

Thank you staying with us at G Hotel Kelawai and posting your positive feedback.

We are always pleased to hear that our guests were impressed with the services as well as the quality of the hotel facilities and we are lucky to have such wonderful associates who work very hard to provide great guest experiences at all times and due recognition will be extended to Lahkesh & Jasmine

Once again thank you and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel on two occasions and the hotel was impeccable! The rooms are spacious and I absolutely love the shower head in the bathroom. The views at the sky bar was breathtaking, with the perfect addition to take a deep on those hot days!

All in all, I did enjoy my stay, however given what happened to me during my last visit, I shall not be returning in the future. Reason being that the reception staff were absolutely unprofessional & rude during my check-out, specifically the manager on call. Given the rating of this hotel, I expected more but going forward, I shall only stay at the main G hotel which consequently has a better view of the sea view and has more experienced staff to cater to paying guests.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank Hamza B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience on TripAdvisor.

I was really sorry to read the less than satisfactory departure experience. To fully understand the details of what happened, I would appreciate if you could send an email to peipei.soo@ghotel.com.my and so we may better understand and to resolve this directly with you.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write your feedback and I do hope to hear back from you.