Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$67
Free cancellation until 13/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
Free cancellation until 11/03/21
Expedia.comUS$67
Booking.comUS$51
StayForLongUS$76
All reviews avenue mall walking distance the executive lounge housekeeping team superior room high floor hotel jen water pressure is breakfast spread swimming pool egg station new lane city view komtar tower rooftop bar hotel breakfast strategic location
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 October 2020

This is my first visit in this hotel and i am happy this time. Some shortfalls happening during my stay which regarding to room type and room set up + cleanliness . Many thanks to you, we will be back again next time.. :)

Room tip: Best view & nice pool
Date of stay: September 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Tony Goh, General Manager at The Wembley – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2020

Dear ls2340,

Warmest greetings from The Wembley – A St Giles Hotel, Penang.
Thank you for choosing The Wembley again as your preferred choice of accommodation whilst in Penang.

First of all, thank you for the positive review, we are glad to have met your expectations with our facilities and services provided during your stay. Your positive feedback is highly appreciated for us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay of our guests.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback and I want you to know that we deeply value your patronage and relationship with our hotel. In the meantime, it would be a great pleasure to serving you again in the nearest future if your travel plan brings you back to Penang.

Reviewed 11 August 2020

This hotel is fantastic at 1st arrival. Parking area was big and easy to maneuver.
Staff at reception was friendly, check in was a breeze fast and efficient.
The room is very comfortable and relaxing, aircon is cold, shower was great too.
Got a free cake too from management as i celebrated anniversary.
Location is close to most eateries and shopping mall.(within walking distance)
Have recommended to my friends who always visit Penang.
Thanks to all the staff which makes this a comfortable, enjoying stay.
Look forward to visit again. Thanks for the voucher too !!!

Room tip: Go for top floor and request for sea view.
Date of stay: August 2020
Tony Goh, General Manager at The Wembley – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2020

Dear Chee Heng A,

Reviewed 4 August 2020 via mobile

I thought I got it at a bargain on bookings.com, which was already very cheap, but when I decided to extend my stay the front-of-house told me about the promo of St Giles website, which was even cheaper.
Everyone was friendly, but Harn stood out, I felt he went above and beyond to make my stay at St Giles a memorable one.

The location of the hotel isn’t your usual tourist spot when visiting the island, it’s in the city, there are no beaches nearby. However, it fit the purpose of my visit, which is to explore the food scene. It is located 30mins walk to the esplanade, about 7mins walk to Hin Bus Depot, and many other of Penang’s famous eateries.

Will definitely return to this hotel the next time I’m back in Penang.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank domidius

Dear Domidius,

Reviewed 31 July 2020

This is not my first stay at The Wembley St Giles whenever I visit Penang. Not only the location is perfect, the room rates and service offered are top notched considering its not a 5 star hotel. Also for those who drives, parking isnt an issue here.

My recent stay this week was a great one, with Ish and Loga manning the front desk providing me superb service. Of course it wasnt just the both of them, each and every hotel staff gave us a pleasant experience and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for making mine a great one.

Apart from that, room and toilet was very clean and we were satisfied. Bed is forever comfortable here. Water pressure might be a little low for a better shower experience. Overall, do keep it up, we will certainly be back and of course, to recommend others to stay here as well.

regards,
Adrian.

Room tip: higher floors to get a better view of surroundings.
Date of stay: July 2020
Tony Goh, General Manager at The Wembley – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2020

Dear Adrian L,

Reviewed 8 July 2020 via mobile

Free upgrade to executive room. Bed so comfy, staff so friendly, location in the heart of penang. Overall we have a very good stay since this is the 1st holiday after MCO. Good hospitallity. We do enjoy our stay.

Date of stay: June 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tony Goh, General Manager at The Wembley – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2020

Dear Linalim79,