Lowest prices for your stay
US$75
Free cancellation until 15/12/22
Hotels.comUS$93
PricelineUS$75
TravelocityUS$93
All reviews avenue mall walking distance the executive lounge in room dining high floor egg station swimming pool house keeping rooftop bar hotel breakfast nice room late check sea view penang road street food komtar housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 July 2022

The hotel is strategically located near to Komtar, Prangin Mall, Penang road kopitiam and also Presgrave street food areas.

The stafffs are helpful and friendly. I managed to have an early check-in because there are rooms available. It helps a lot unload my luggage. The room is clean, has a small fridge too to store my cold drinks after a warm outing in the city.

I had a breakfast buffet on one morning. The selection is good, the service crew is helpful and I enjoyed my meal there.

I enjoyed my stay there, 4 days 3 nights :)

Room tip: If your room reservation is w/o breakfast, it is cheaper to buy it separately at the room receptionist, rather than at the Cafe counter.
Date of stay: July 2022
1  Thank tofupike
Tony Goh, General Manager at The Wembley – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2022

Thank you so much for the feedback! I am glad that you enjoy staying at our hotel. We sincerely looking forward to serving you again in the near future. Stay Safe.

Reviewed 22 June 2022

Centrally located, suitable for those who wants to explore the city, whether on foot for food trail or ease of moving around. Given a room at high floor, good view of the city, further sea view and the Penang port (from far). Room at quick view was clean but work desk was dusty at the ledge, desk lamp and switches are not wiped down. Kettle was also dusty though stored in the cabinet. It caused my sinus and VMS to flare up. My guess is this room has not been dusted properly.

Room tip: High floor, city view with far sea view
Date of stay: June 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Tony Goh, General Manager at The Wembley – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2022

Thank you so much for the feedback! First of all, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you faced during the stay. Rest assured that your feedback has been forwarded to the respective department and corrective actions have been implemented accordingly.

Reviewed 15 June 2022

The Hotel is centrally located, minutes away from the famous Komtar building & my childhood home in Pulau Tikus before my father was transferred to Kuala Lumpur.

Waze guided my friend & I to the Hotel’s parking. We found a vacant spot on Level 3. We pulled our trolley luggage to Level 2 where the lift to the lobby was. There was a queue at the Front Desk. We waited at least 30 minutes before we received our key to our 2103 room on Level 21.

As I entered our room, I could see stain marks on the wood panel just underneath the television which doubled as a rack. I was quite upset with Housekeeping. They obviously didn’t do a thorough cleaning. In addition, the room was small & the twin beds were laid as a double bed. There wasn’t any space in between. And we had issues with the air-conditioner. It was such a hot day & the blower wasn’t very strong. We had reduced the temperature but it took ages for the AC to drop its temperature. We called Front Desk many times. They finally answered & assured us that a maintenance staff will arrive to look into our problem. He only appeared after our 5th phone call to the reception which was an hour later! Two minutes prior to his arrival, we received a knock on the door. I believed it was someone from Front Desk. She did something to the AC but it only worsened the problem. The maintenance staff wasn’t able to address the problem & he proposed that we change rooms after our event. We agreed as there was a leak from the bathroom’s hand bidet & shower head. Water was shooting everywhere when we used the shower! Also, the water pressure from the rain shower head wasn’t good enough for me!

But there were a few plus points as well. The bed was very comfortable. We had Astro & Vision Four for our entertainment purposes. The additional pillows in the wardrobe delighted my friend to no end & she had used them at night. The one thing that surprised me was the small fridge located on the wall! It’s usually on the ground in most hotels. A great idea for those like me who have backache problems. Bottled water was also provided. A Muslim prayer mat was already in the wardrobe together with a safe box. There was also a lightweight Panasonic steam iron & ironing board which we used to press our clothes for the night’s event in the Hotel’s ballroom on Level 10. Best of all, the view from our window was of the Penang Bridge, a shopping mall called 1st Avenue & parts of Georgetown.

Anyway, we called Front Desk after the event regarding the change of room. The staff was apologetic as he wasn’t sure. After we explained, he informed that he will get back to us. Minutes later, he appeared at our door & handed the key card to our new room on Level 17. We can just leave the current key card on the desk before leaving.

The new room was identical. At least the shower head was not leaking. However, it was missing one hook & there weren’t any hand towels in the bathroom. Furthermore, we could not get WiFi & had to call the Front Desk for assistance. Apart from that, everything was good.

Breakfast was on Level 2. The selection was good & the Hotel had lived up to its reputation. Food was good. The only complaint was on its bread, pastries & doughnuts. They were all hard!

We had asked for a late check-out but were given an additional half-hour only as they were operating at full occupancy rate.

Check-out was fast & easy and the parking was waived. In short, it was a good but short stay.

We will definitely come back again to explore the Hotel grounds, especially the pool & gym which we failed to visit.

Date of stay: March 2022
Tony Goh, General Manager at The Wembley – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2022

Reviewed 10 June 2022 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. They use covid as an excuse not to clean room everyday, when the hotel is obviously lack of manpower.
I called housekeeping to take away the garbage from morning and surprise to find my room outside still have 2 full garbage late at night.
You are paying hotel rate for airbnb, or lower standard. Drinking water upon request, not enough toilet paper. For business traveller, go back hotel with used bathroom etc is a big no. They should have stated this condition when we book our hotel. And even though I request for room cleaning when I check in, they also refuse my request. I pay full rate for hotel, why can't I request for clean room?

Second night---- the HH rooftop bar at M101 suite next door blast their music until 2.30am by awful karaoke. The hotel didn't do anything and we couldn't sleep until 3am

If you want a good rest, this is Not a hotel for u.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank RichieF38
Tony Goh, General Manager at The Wembley – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2022

Reviewed 3 June 2022

centrally located-can walk to Penang Road/ easy to get GRAB car
Fast check in/out.
Friendly staff
Good breakfast
Clean comfortable room
No issues with aircond /water pressure
unfortunately didnt get to try the exec lounge

Date of stay: May 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Tony Goh, General Manager at The Wembley – A St Giles Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2022