All reviews magpie free washing my home away from home quiet road free breakfast curtain for privacy person dorm queen room bicycle rental family room quiet area staying nights instant coffee minute walk toilet door great place to stay walking distance
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for second time as it is a very clean place. My stay was about 9 nights at 8-bunk-bed type of bed. This place is very clean. The bed is comfortable. There is also free breakfast served (bread with spread, coffee, tea or Milo). There is also water filter machine for people who want to fill in their empty bottle for free. For two nights or more, you can get free laundry service by this place. During my stay, my laundry was sent to them three times. The staffs and owner are amazingly friendly.... Thank you Stone and your staffs for treating me nicely. I will stay there again.

Sue

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner booked to stay at magpie residence for a few nights but liked it so much that we ended up staying even longer. The staff are welcoming, friendly and were very helpful, booking us transport when required and answering questions, printing boarding passes etc. Our room was clean and comfortable and we felt relaxed during our visit. The location was spot on too, within walking distance to the main attractions, bus stop and an array of places to eat and drink. Thanks for a great stay! :)

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Nice place. It's in a different part of town from the normal back backer pitch (Love Lane) though you can still walk there in ten minutes. The area is pleasant enough and it was good for me to see another part of the city. Nice Chinese vegetarian restaurant round the corner in Dickens Street. Accommodation was good, wifi very fast. I stayed in the dorm where you can pull the curtain for privacy. (Bedrooms are also available I think). Showers were fine. There is a very basic breakfast and some free milo if you like it. A good place if you need a decent night's kip! I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Magpie Residence is my home away from home in Penang. The staff is kind and friendly. They clean everything every day. We get free breakfast (simple but free). They washed my clothes for free. Guests get free water and can make their own coffee. They give information about anything you ask. I like this simple place and honestly...we all make our own trip and experience....just ask what you need and the staff will make it happen! That has been my experience with Magpie Residence and that is why I always come back! Terima Kasih! :-)

Room Tip: The pods are great! Simple but great!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2017

I booked a single room which was very good value. Adjoining bathroom was only shared with one other room which was nice.
The host, Stone, was very friendly, giving advice on where to go and asking how my day had been. Had a pleasant chat over a beer with him and another traveller one night.
Standard breakfast of toast and spreads was provided.
Location was about a 10 minute walk out of the main tourist area of George Town - quiet at night but perhaps not as convenient as one in the city centre.

Stayed: August 2017