Ixora Hotel Penang
S Hotel(Perai)
SE Hotel 1(Perai)
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
All reviewsshopping mallfree dinnerbusiness tripfast foodbig roomf bcomplimentary mini barhotel lobbyvegetarian foodfree callssuperior roomgood pointsair conditionervery nice hotelbuffet breakfastnice breakfastdecent stay
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

It was my first stay and I have no regrets. The reception staff, Ms. Tan was very warm and welcoming, also efficient in processing my check in. She gave very clear information about the stay.

The breakfast was the usual spread, with a few twists. A variety of pastries to choose from, local delights like fried noodles and nasi lemak. The chef who made the scrambled eggs - friendly and so polite. The salad bar needs to be mentioned. Greens were well cleaned, fresh and crunchy. I especially liked the variety of dressings they offered - I guess there were 6 or so! Oh they also had pancakes, waffles, cakes, even yam cakes and thosai (not made on the spot though).

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Moses P, Manager at Ixora Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Dear Sulochini :

Warmest greeting from Ixora Hotel

Thank you for choosing us on your recent stay.
We are glad to know that the service provided at Front desk by Ms Tan had exceed your expectation. As well as the compliment to our kitchen team for delighted ours guest on breakfast spread in term of quality and variety of the menu.
We would like to thank you for supporting us and we look forward to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

The room is spacious, clean and comfortable. Each room with separate bathroom. As to the wifi service, I'm quite unhappy for it. They limit the number of the user, once it has reached the maximum of guest, the additional guest will have no access to it. Anyway, the hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. I love their service and smile. Variety of choices for the breakfast, it's indeed a good place to stay. But the swimming pool is now under renovation, otherwise, it would be more fun.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Luang S
Moses P, Manager at Ixora Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

Dear Luang S

Thank you of your effort by write us a review

We are glad to know that all our team member had done well for provided the excellence service to our guest. Thank you very much for your compliment, this good new will definitely share with all of them. Million Thanks for that.

We are looking forward to serve you again in the soonest possible.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

I only stayed 1 night and these are just some of my observations.

I liked the feeling I got at the hotel lobby, it was rather modern and had a nice aroma. The rooms were modern with simple luxuries. I had a decent sleep that night.

I didn't like the car park. It didn't feel guarded and that I was in a safe place. I also didn't like the lifts as it was rather old and it gave away that the hotel building was very old albeit it's modernly furnished now.

The hotel comes with wifi but I ended up using my own data as there was just no speed. Proper upgrade needed here.

Around the hotel, there really isn't anything better to do. The adjoining shopping complex can be a miss unless you need McDonalds or Watsons. I couldn't find a 7 eleven nearby which is awesomely odd. There was a slight fear as I walked around on the streets around the hotel security wise. I just felt that I could have been mugged and no one could see or save me. Security is just lacking around the entire block. Proper upgrade needed here too.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonathan T

Dear Jonathan T :

Appreciated for sharing your stay experience

It's regrettable to know that about some for the facilities was not up to your expectation. Our team member will constant review and improved the best possible for ours guest. Thank you for the compliment for the area we did well.
It's our fervent hope you will consider us in the near future, in order for us to serve you again.

Reviewed 8 May 2016

Rooms was big, service was great and the one restaurant they have serves delicious food. The hotel was and is still at time of of my writing, having a promotion with free breakfast and dinner. Breakfast was very well thought with a variety of dishes served and so well displayed. The current room booking with free dinner (if you book directly with the hotel by phone or website) was real value for money with an interesting option to upgrade the menu. Location is good - next to Megamall (which has a supermarket, fast food restaurants, ATM. money changer and department store as well as a cineplex), There are restaurants at the back of the hotel too. Car parking was free.

Stayed: April 2016
Moses_Poon, Manager at Ixora Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2016

Dear KPC :

Warmest greeting from Ixora Hotel

We are glad to know that you enjoyed our facilities and services which had been provided to you during your recent stay. Thank you for the compliment and the encouraging words, we will sharing this good new to all our team members.
Millions " Thank you " for that !!
We look forward your continue support in the near future and wish you a great day ahead.

Reviewed 3 May 2016

My family and I stayed at the Ixora Hotel Penang for two nights on a short holiday trip. This was our first stay at the Ixora Hotel Penang (Perai). At the beginning, our stay at the hotel was actually rather pleasant. However, cockroaches in our room on the 2nd & final night of our stay there ruined our positive impression of the hotel. I informed the hotel staff member about the cockroaches when I checked out early the next morning. The early morning checkout was due to our travel plans and not because of the cockroaches. However, how the hotel staff member responded to my feedback about the cockroaches certainly did not help the hotel. It was bad enough that the staff member did not apologize or reassure me that the hotel would do something about the cockroaches. I was so surprised when the staff member casually said that there was no longer any problem for me and for the hotel since I had already gotten rid of the cockroaches. I wondered if this staff member even understand what was meant by customer recovery process. No apologies, no attempts to reassure me that the hotel was worth a repeat visit. The staff member was so nonchalant about the cockroaches to the point that I started to think that such complaints were something quite common at the hotel. I was not expecting the hotel to give me a discount or something to try to keep me as a returning customer (although that would have been nice). Just a simple apology and reassurance that the hotel would check the room to ensure that there were no more cockroaches would have been enough to keep me as a potential returning customer. Alas, my initially positive impression of the Ixora Hotel disappeared quite quickly for obvious reasons.

To the hotel's credit, there were some positive aspects. The hotel was fairly new (opened in 2011) and located next to the Megamall Pinang (a fairly large shopping mall with lots of restaurants). Free car park was provided at the basement car park which was convenient and safe. The room was quite large. The complimentary buffet breakfast was quite good with a number of nice items. However, the complimentary wifi was extremely slow and not reliable.

In summary, cockroaches in a hotel room are never a good thing. How the hotel handles complaints about issues such as cockroaches in the rooms clearly reflect the level of customer service and quality standards of the hotel. Alas, Ixora Hotel Penang did not do well in this aspect. We will certainly be looking for another hotel whenever we come back to Penang for a visit (about four to five times a year). We will not consider staying at the Ixora Hotel Penang (Perai) ever again for obvious reasons.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ronnie1818
Moses_Poon, Manager at Ixora Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2016

Dear Ronnie1818

Warmest greeting from Ixora Hotel.

Thank you for sharing your valued input about our hotel review.
Please accept ours sincere apologies for such unpleasant incident happened. We received very seriously as they allow us to identify area that we need to be improved with.
Ours team member would agreed that customer handling toward satisfaction is very important. The department concern will definitely look into it. We are so sorry about that. On the other hand, thank you for the compliment on the positive point on us.
We truly hope that you will allow us for another opportunity to restore your faith in us by choosing to come back again, in order to show our improvement.
Wish you a great day ahead