Ixora Hotel Penang
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Pearl View Hotel(Butterworth)
View Hotel
The Light Hotel Penang(Seberang Jaya)
WE Hotel(Seberang Jaya)
Hotel Alpha(Bukit Mertajam)
Hotel Berlin(Butterworth)
E-Red Hotel(Bukit Mertajam)
Hotel Palm Inn(Butterworth)
View Hotel
All reviewsshopping mallfree dinnerbusiness tripfast foodbig roomf bcomplimentary mini barhotel lobbyvegetarian foodfree callssuperior roomgood pointsair conditionervery nice hotelbuffet breakfastnice breakfastdecent stay
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

I do enjoy my 1 night stay here in Ixora Hotel. The room (736) is clean and comfortable, the toilet also good (with enough toiletries supplied).

I've been provided with complimentary mini bar snacks, coffee and tea, 2 extra pillows, and morning newspaper. Love it!!!

The wifi is also not bad. I do enjoy hotel with good wifi connection. Everybody does!!! Right? Hehe

All staff is friendly and helpful. I do feel welcome here. I have met Maria (internship student from Indonesia) she can speak good English and was very friendly. She and Steven even help me with printing some work documents. Good job Ixora for having good intern and staff.

Another great thing about this hotel is the BREAKFAST. The breakfast is fantastic. I tried to taste it all, but my food storage (tummy) is not that big. The blueberry yogurt is good, the chocolate cake, bread and butter, scones, half boiled eggs, porridge, noodles, nasi lemak, fruits, salad, so so much more... i like it ALOT!!!

Yet... the only thing that I don't like about Ixora Hotel is the dinner (complimentary dinner, thank you by the way) the food is terrible. I ordered Tom Yam Noodle and Chicken Kimchi with rice. Both taste disaster. Never, ever ordered any of these. I would give 5 stars review if the dinner is as good as the breakfast.

To bad I don't have much time to snap the room setting and hotel'surrounding. Will definitely come here again if I ever come to Prai.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Moses P, Manager at Ixora Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Dear Emi B :

Warmest greeting from Ixora Hotel

Thank you for sharing your valued input about our hotel review.
We are delighted to hear that our Front Office staff had provided the excellent service to you, and not forgotten the variety of the breakfast items for ours guest to enjoy.

Nevertheless, we are sorry for the meal on dinner period which was served to you were far below your expectation. Our chefs will definitely look into it for improvement.

Once again, thank you for continuing choose us for your next visit and we can't wait to see you again. Wish you a great day ahead

Reviewed 9 August 2016

The check-in was fast and courteous. Room were spacious for 3 pax. Breakfast spread had variety. There is a shopping mall adjacent to the hotel,
Be sure to ask for a room facing the road. better scenery. The Lobby is quite basic.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank James R
Moses P, Manager at Ixora Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

Dear Ranjan35 :

Warmest greeting from Ixora Hotel

Thank you for choosing Ixora in your recent trip, as well as your effort for reaching us on your review.
Many thanks for the compliment of our facilities and services which tendered by our team members. We will share your compliment with all of them for their encouragement to go further for ours guest satisfaction.
We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

First impression is the good service from the receiptionist called Ms REA RELOTA. Compliment to her! The smile so sweet and very friedly. Second is the spacious room and complimentary fruit at mini bar . Spacious bathroom with 2 washing tub . Third is the varieties of food at breakfast whick makes me want to stay longer . Well done...

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Moses P, Manager at Ixora Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2016

Dear Sazali S :

Warmest greeting from Ixora Hotel

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us.
We are glad to hear that we had exceed another satisfy guest, as every guest is important for us. The compliment will definitely boost us for striking better in the future. This good news will be sharing to all our team members, particularly to Ms Rea.

Once again, thank you for the compliment and we look forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

As i m a frequent traveller to all parts of Malaysia. I have stayed in most 3 stars to 5 stars rating hotel. Coming to butterworh. Ixora hotel is my 1st choice. Simple bcos of convenient n plenty of parking at basement. With direct access to room n easy to carry luggage. Breakfast is reasonable. Room is very clean n well maintain. A sense of freshness each time i check in..staffs attitude is good n friendly. Virtually no complain..but d rate is slighly above rm200. Quite value for money.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Moses P, Manager at Ixora Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Dear Lim T :

Warmest greeting from Ixora Hotel.

Thank you for write us a nice review.
We are delighted to know that we have exceeded your expectation for our facilities and services which had been tendered during you recent stay. We will definitely sharing with all of our staff for the encouraging words. The comfort and value of money will be always our priority for our customer.

Once again, thank you for continuing given the support and we are looking forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

The hotel though not located in a popular place like Georgetown across the channel but it does have some eateries in the nearby area as well as fast food in the mall next door.

The staff was very friendly upon arrival and can see that they tried their best to please. The check-in and check-out were swift and the staff was very accommodating to keeping my luggage after my check-out and getting a taxi on standby in the afternoon when I told them I could not confirm the actual time of return but I could call them when I'm on the way back to the hotel.

The breakfast was ok with quite a spread but the taste was hit-and-miss. We encountered problem driving out from the car-park when the validated card were not recognized by the car-park system on 2 separate occasions but the fron desk were quick to called in the security to assist.

The only minus point during my stay was the rather patchy wifi. Both my colleague's and my mobile phones, laptops were having intermittent connection problem that is really a pain since most of the guests here are on business trips to the nearby Kulim Hi-tech Park etc.Another that I would point out was that the fridge are not stocked with anything.

Overall, the friendliness and efficient of the staff plus the nice room setup would see me coming back to Ixora but would really need the wifi to be working as we'll be on business trips and really need a reliable wifi.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Moses P, Manager at Ixora Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Dear ykhppc :

Warmest greeting from Ixora hotel.

Thank you for kind review on hotel room and our warm services. We are apologize for the shortcoming on wifi stability which failed to meet your expectation. Please assured that the management team is looking seriously into this matter for the convenience of ours guest.
Million of thank you for given us an opportunity to serve you again. We can't wait to have you back in the near future.
Wish you a great day ahead