Ixora Hotel Penang
US$22
  • Room Service
US$27
US$28
Hotel Sun Stay Inn(Perai)(Great Value!)
US$23
US$27
Agoda.com
US$95
Priceline
All reviewsshopping mallfree dinnerbusiness tripfast foodbig roomf bcomplimentary mini barhotel lobbyvegetarian foodfree callssuperior roomgood pointsair conditionervery nice hotelbuffet breakfastnice breakfastdecent stay
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

Im working 1 of the shangri'la property and tis is my 1st stay in ur hotel. Whn i enter the room i request for extra coffee tea facilities and went out but after i back to my room they was no request done, again i call for it. Then i order food the gal who attent my cal not lisen what im ordering and talking to sumone they, its not exceptable..you should gv important to guest. The guy who sent coffee facilities when the night i c/in he don't knw how to speak english and not understand what im saying...need training. The next morning i cal request again for coffee and mineral water only coffee have been sent but no water again i ask the maid. After that i notice the bedsheet, pillow case n towel are stain aso the carpet have iron mark tis is really teribble and not exceptable at al. I leave my room to be clean but after 1hrs i bk to my room they was maid stil progress clean my room and she was told me that no duvet and towels now maybe later i wil put, how come hotel no duvet...thn for one one thing she leave our room go take things without complete our room, where is safety n security? 1more thing i really dissapointed is the guy who refill my room minibar should not show face to guest like that, he jst simply not smile n no wish so rude banging door and leave...manager should take action on this. Please provide excellent service to the guest not poor service like experience i have during my 2night stay.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank honeysri
Moses P, Manager at Ixora Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear Honeysri :

Warmest greeting from Ixora Hotel

We appreciated for your effort by notify us.
Please accept ours sincere apologies for such incident happened. These issues raised will be looked into it seriously and immediate action will be taken to ensure that improvement in the quality and standard will be made. The comfort and service quality are both immense important for us. We are so sorry about that.
It's ours fervent hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves in near future and provide you the positive experience.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Hotel is modern, clean and tidy, staff friendly, breakfast buffet is good, room is large, bed comfortable, complimentary mini-bar is a good touch, really no major negative points to note at this hotel considering the overall location is Butterworth which does not have very many attractions compared to Penang Island. Good dependable and comfortable stay away on business.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Moses P, Manager at Ixora Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Dear AnilJethwa :

Warmest greeting from Ixora Hotel

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us.
We are delighted to know that overall the hotel facilities and services is achieved your expectation. With this, we certainly on the right tracking for ours guest comfort and convenience. Many Thanks for the compliment.

We look forward to serve you again in the soonest possible.

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Step into this hotel for training purpose and want to test their food. This place is suitable for training but car park slot is a bit less. I have trial out their food during training which is the same place where hotel provide the buffet. The food variety is less, and just like you having tea time. But if you plan to stay here, the hotel beside with just 2 min walk have one shopping mall which you actually can get cheap stuff like cloth, bag and shoe. Overall this hotel is ok but need to improve the food section.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Dear Enigmasam :

Warmest greeting from Ixora Hotel

We are much appreciated for your kind review .

Please accept my sincere apologise for the meal rendered by our team members is below your expectation. The department concern will certainly working on the way to improve based on your feedback.
We truly hope that this incident will not mar you by choosing us in the near future. It's our privilege to have you for sharing our improvement.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

Ixora was the best hotel ever in my 3rd visit of malaysia. The food, room service and most importantly i met a guy named pragash he was always there to help me and my family any query regarding anything i used to ask him and with a smile he used to reply very nice guy not only him the other stuffs were also good overall i would say ixora is the best :)

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Dear Tanzimnsu :

Warmest greeting from Ixora Hotel

Hope your trip home went well.
Thank You for choosing Ixora on your recent trip

We are glad to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us. This good news will definitely sharing with our team members particularly to staff, Pragash, for job well done. Thank you for the encouraging words.

We look forward to welcome you back to Malaysia, do choose us again once you are in Penang.

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

I do enjoy my 1 night stay here in Ixora Hotel. The room (736) is clean and comfortable, the toilet also good (with enough toiletries supplied).

I've been provided with complimentary mini bar snacks, coffee and tea, 2 extra pillows, and morning newspaper. Love it!!!

The wifi is also not bad. I do enjoy hotel with good wifi connection. Everybody does!!! Right? Hehe

All staff is friendly and helpful. I do feel welcome here. I have met Maria (internship student from Indonesia) she can speak good English and was very friendly. She and Steven even help me with printing some work documents. Good job Ixora for having good intern and staff.

Another great thing about this hotel is the BREAKFAST. The breakfast is fantastic. I tried to taste it all, but my food storage (tummy) is not that big. The blueberry yogurt is good, the chocolate cake, bread and butter, scones, half boiled eggs, porridge, noodles, nasi lemak, fruits, salad, so so much more... i like it ALOT!!!

Yet... the only thing that I don't like about Ixora Hotel is the dinner (complimentary dinner, thank you by the way) the food is terrible. I ordered Tom Yam Noodle and Chicken Kimchi with rice. Both taste disaster. Never, ever ordered any of these. I would give 5 stars review if the dinner is as good as the breakfast.

To bad I don't have much time to snap the room setting and hotel'surrounding. Will definitely come here again if I ever come to Prai.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Moses P, Manager at Ixora Hotel Penang, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Dear Emi B :

Warmest greeting from Ixora Hotel

Thank you for sharing your valued input about our hotel review.
We are delighted to hear that our Front Office staff had provided the excellent service to you, and not forgotten the variety of the breakfast items for ours guest to enjoy.

Nevertheless, we are sorry for the meal on dinner period which was served to you were far below your expectation. Our chefs will definitely look into it for improvement.

Once again, thank you for continuing choose us for your next visit and we can't wait to see you again. Wish you a great day ahead